Windows 10: Change Message Boxes Text Size in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Message Boxes Text Size in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Message Boxes Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size for Message Boxes in Windows 10 A message box is a predefined dialog... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Message Boxes Text Size in Windows 10

How to: Change Message Boxes Text Size in Windows 10

How to Change Text Size for Message Boxes in Windows 10

A message box is a predefined dialog box that displays application-related information to the user. Message boxes are also used to request information from the user.

This tutorial will show you how to change the font size of text for message boxes to what you want for your account in Windows 10.

*note If you change your DPI scaling level, it will also change the text size of message boxes to scale with the DPI setting.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Change Text Size for Message Boxes using "System Font Size Changer" by WinTools
    • Option Two: To Change Text Size for Message Boxes using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Message Box

Change Message Boxes Text Size in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Change Text Size for Message Boxes using "System Font Size Changer" by WinTools
    1. If you haven't already, download the latest version of System Font Size Changer from WinTools.
    Download
    2. Run the downloaded changesize.exe file.

*note This is a standalone .exe file (program) that does not install anything on your system.

3. If you like, you can click/tap on Export to export your current font text size settings to a .reg file to make restoring them easy if needed.

4. Perform the following actions: (see screenshot below)
    • Select (dot) Message box.
    • Check or uncheck Bold if you want bold text or not.
    • Adjust the slider for the font size you want.
    • When finished, click/tap on Apply.

5. Click/tap on OK when you are ready to sign in again. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Change Text Size for Message Boxes using a REG file
    1. Click/tap on the Download button in the table below for the message boxes text size you want, and if you want the text to be bold or not.

2. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

3. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

4. If prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

5. sign in to apply.

6. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

[table][tr][td]Message Boxes Text Size[/td] [td]Not-bold[/td] [td]Bold[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]6[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]7[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]8[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]9 (default - not-bold)[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]10[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]11[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]12[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]13[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]14[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]15[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]16[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]17[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]18[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]19[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]20[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]21[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]22[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]23[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]24[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [/table]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jan 22, 2018
  2. Clint Win User
    Clint, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    changing Windows Explorer text size

Hello Patrick, Change Message Boxes Text Size in Windows 10 :)

If you like, the tutorials below can helps show you how to change the text size for the following items in Windows 10.

Another option would be to change the default system font to something that may look better to you.

*Arrow Change Default System Font in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10  

Hey Clint, Change Message Boxes Text Size in Windows 10 :)

The example screenshots in the tutorials below can help show you. Palette Titles are no longer used in Windows 10 though.

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10  

Hello @Mooly, Change Message Boxes Text Size in Windows 10 :)

You can still manually change all of those using the .reg files from the tutorials below except for "palette titles" in Windows 10 Creators Update. "Palette titles" are no longer available.

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Change Message Boxes Text Size in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Message Boxes

2. Windows 11 -- Dialogue Box Default Size. NOT TEXT. Size of the Dialogue Box.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 -- Dialogue Box Default Size. NOT TEXT. Size of the Dialogue Box.: HelloHave looked through many questions. I just had my work computer upgraded to Windows 11. When I open a file, either through Word, Excel, etc., or use Windows Explorer, or try to insert a photo -- the dialogue box that pops up with the files in them is usually far too...
  3. Windows 11 -- Dialogue Box Default Size. NOT TEXT. Size of the Dialogue Box.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 -- Dialogue Box Default Size. NOT TEXT. Size of the Dialogue Box.: HelloHave looked through many questions. I just had my work computer upgraded to Windows 11. When I open a file, either through Word, Excel, etc., or use Windows Explorer, or try to insert a photo -- the dialogue box that pops up with the files in them is usually far too...
  4. Change Default Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Default Text Size in Windows 10: When setting up Windows 10, there is a part where you select the default font size. I made a mistake and set it to "11" rather than the standard "12". I would like to change that setting but am unable to find out where to do that....
  5. How to increase font size of menu text, icon text, message boxes, etc.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to increase font size of menu text, icon text, message boxes, etc.: My present W10 version is 1909. When Windows first eliminated a user's ability to specify font size of icons, menu text, tool tips etc. there were some registry hacks available (in TenForums amongst other places) that did the trick... but those scripts don't work in the...
  6. How to Change Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Change Text Size in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] source: https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/change-text-size-in-windows-10.17663/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-text-size-in-windows-10/aaee319a-0def-45a3-954d-b048781027d0
  7. How to Change Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Change Text Size in Windows 10: https://i.postimg.cc/GhsWcXDC/1.jpg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-text-size-in-windows-10/aaee319a-0def-45a3-954d-b048781027d0"
  8. Change Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Text Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17692, the ability to increase text size across the system is back and better than ever. You can use a new setting called Make everything bigger with a slider...
  9. Change Menus Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Menus Text Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Menus Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size for Menus in Windows 10 You can make the text for menus on your screen easier to see by making them larger while keeping your display set to its recommended DPI. This will affect the following...
  10. Change Tooltips Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Tooltips Text Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Tooltips Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size for Tooltips in Windows 10 A tooltip is a small pop-up that displays the label of an unlabeled control or glyph in Windows. This tutorial will show you how to change the font size of text for...