Windows 10: Change microsoft account...

Discus and support Change microsoft account... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How do I switch a microsoft account to another microsoft account for login? The login in now that I use uses a pin number and I can't remmeber my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by gladstone, Feb 6, 2016.

1. gladstone Win User

Change microsoft account...

How do I switch a microsoft account to another microsoft account for login? The login in now that I use uses a pin number and I can't remmeber my password. I don't have enough info to get mirosoft to reset it for me.

:)

gladstone, Feb 6, 2016
  2. SherryAo Win User

Change microsoft account

I want to change my microsoft account from the windows. I want to add another one.

PS: I'm not asking about how to add other microsoft accounts on the windows I'm asking about the Main account. I hope you get me.

SherryAo, Feb 6, 2016
  3. Change Microsoft account

Hi,

Changing the email address attached to your gamertag will not affect your current game data. To change the email address associated to your gamertag, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on the link below.

How to change the email address associated with your Microsoft Account

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Wilfred Mac, Feb 6, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi.
    I think what you need to do, is first convert your MS account to a local account. Then you can switch your local account to a newly created MS account.

Local Account - Switch to in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Microsoft Account - Switch to in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Hope that helps!

simrick, Feb 6, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    I think in order to do that, though, the user has to enter the Microsoft account password which the OP doesn't remember.

NavyLCDR, Feb 7, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Oops! If that's the case and you can't use the PIN, I am out of ideas.

simrick, Feb 7, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    I think the only option is going to be to create a new user account, change account type to administrator, and copy the old user data files to it. Then as administrator on the new account, should be able to delete the old user account on the computer.

NavyLCDR, Feb 7, 2016
  8. Kari Win User

I completely agree. The only other option would be to reset the password for the original MS account which takes 30 days.

The quote below from Security info security codes - Microsoft Help. It applies to forgotten passwords as well:

More help when the MS account password is forgotten: Forgotten password and other sign-in problems - Windows Help

Kari, Feb 7, 2016
  9. simrick Win User
    Yes, okay, but he wouldn't be able to migrate any OneDrive data.

simrick, Feb 7, 2016
  10. Kari Win User
    But he / she would have access to it and be able to download it by signing in to Windows with the PIN he / she remembers...

Thema:

1. Change microsoft account... - Similar Threads - Change microsoft account

2. Microsoft Account Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Change: I was able to change my Microsoft Account the one that has my serial numbers for Microsoft Office etc. from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** on a different device that is not my Windows 10 system. The account I use...
  3. Microsoft Account Change

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Account Change: I was able to change my Microsoft Account the one that has my serial numbers for Microsoft Office etc. from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** on a different device that is not my Windows 10 system. The account I use...
  4. Changing a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing a Microsoft Account: Hi, I work part-time at a local golf course. Quickbooks changed their version and we had to upgrade. Because the Owner wasn't there, I used my Microsoft Credentials to do the upgrade. What do I do to get the account out of my name, yet let the employees and owner have access...
  5. Changing a Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing a Microsoft Account: Hi, I work part-time at a local golf course. Quickbooks changed their version and we had to upgrade. Because the Owner wasn't there, I used my Microsoft Credentials to do the upgrade. What do I do to get the account out of my name, yet let the employees and owner have access...
  6. Changing Microsoft accounts !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Microsoft accounts !: I have a friend who wants to give her Toshiba laptop to her sister because she dosen't use it anymore. Would it be best for her sister to do a "Clean install of Windows 10" and add her own account or is there a easier way ! I am virtually sure it will not be compatible for...
  7. changing microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    changing microsoft account: Can i change primary microsoft account in a device without loosing the activation of windows 10 of that device. my aunt bought me a new laptop but it has her account in it as she did the booting setup , so is there any way i can change to my account without loosing the...
  8. Change Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Microsoft Account: I want to change my account on my computer. However, the account that is set for my user does not exist, and I have no means of recovering that account. How can I change my account? Is there any way to change it without recovering my account? Thanks...
  9. Microsoft account Change

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account Change: I changed my Microsoft Live mail to outlook now I cant sync my one drive and Solitary game when I try to sign into the accounts it keeps going back to the live account which I deleted How can I sync these two accounts ? 163128
  10. Change Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Microsoft Account: Hello, For some reasons I need to change my Microsoft account. The current account is @outlook.com and it is used with the following services: 1) My Windows 10 laptop. 2) Microsoft Store. 3) This site. 4) Xbox One console I know how to "switch" my account but I will...