Windows 10: Change Mouse Scroll Speed in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Mouse Scroll Speed in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Mouse Scroll Speed in Windows 10 [img] Information You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. You can set the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Mouse Scroll Speed in Windows 10

How to: Change Mouse Scroll Speed in Windows 10

Change Mouse Scroll Speed in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows.

You can set the number of lines the screen will scroll for each notch of mouse wheel movement, or scroll an entire screen of text for each notch of the mouse wheel.

This tutorial will show you how to roll the mouse wheel to scroll multiple lines at a time or one screen at a time for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Change Mouse Scroll Speed in Settings
    • Option Two: To Change Mouse Scroll Speed in Mouse Properties
    • Option Three: To Change Mouse Scroll Speed in Registry Editor

OPTION ONE [/i] To Change Mouse Scroll Speed in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon.

2. Do step 3 (multiple lines at a time) or step 4 (one screen at a time) below for what you want.

3. To Roll the mouse wheel to scroll "Multiple lines at a time"

Note This is the default setting.

A) Select Multiple lines at a time in the "Roll the mouse wheel to scroll" drop down on the right side. (see screenshot below)

B) Adjust the slider to "Choose how many lines to scroll each line" for what you want, and go to step 5 below.

Note You can set to scroll between 1 to 100 lines at a time.

3 lines is the default setting.

4. To Roll the mouse wheel to scroll "One screen at a time"
    A) Select One screen at a time in the "Roll the mouse wheel to scroll" drop down on the right side, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

5. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Change Mouse Scroll Speed in Mouse Properties
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Mouse icon.

2. Do step 3 (multiple lines at a time) or step 4 (one screen at a time) below for what you want.

3. To Roll the mouse wheel to scroll "Multiple lines at a time"

A) In the Wheel tab, select (dot) The following number of lines at a time in the "Vertical Scrolling" section. (see screenshot below)

B) Select a number between 1 to 100 lines at a time you want, and click/tap on OK to apply.

Note 3 lines is the default setting.

4. To Roll the mouse wheel to scroll "One screen at a time"
    A) In the Wheel tab, select (dot) One screen at a time in the "Vertical Scrolling" section, and click/tap on OK to apply. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] To Change Mouse Scroll Speed in Registry Editor
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type regedit into Run, and click/tap on OK to open Registry Editor.

2. Navigate to the key below in the left pane of Registry Editor. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop

3. In the right pane of the Desktop key, double click/tap on the WheelScrollLines string value to modify it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (multiple lines at a time) or step 6 (one screen at a time) below for what you want.

5. To Roll the mouse wheel to scroll "Multiple lines at a time"

A) Type a number between 1 and 100 to scroll how many lines at a time you want, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

Note 3 lines is the default setting.

6. To Roll the mouse wheel to scroll "One screen at a time"
    A) Type -1 as the value data, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. You can now close Registry Editor if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 14, 2016

2. How do I change scroll direction of a mouse NOT listed under Mice?

Thanks; yes, those are great directions and did work to change the direction of the wired mouse that came with the computer. But the mouse I'm using doesn't show up as a mouse in the hardware list, so I can't follow the rest of those steps. I need the mouse to appear on the list of mice in order to complete this sequence.

salishsong, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 mouse scroll wheel issue

Hi,

There can be numerous causes of the issue that you're having with your mouse scroll wheel speed such as outdated drivers, dirt, damaged cables, and more. To correct such issue, we suggest that you adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel using the steps
    below:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
    • Under Choose how many lines to scroll each time, move the slider to the right to make the speed of your mouse wheel faster.

With regard to cleaning the inside of your mouse, you have to contact its manufacturer to get proper instructions.

You can find more information about troubleshooting mouse issues in this
    article

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Klow Win User

Mouse problems - not scrolling, resetting speed

When you double-click on the first button on the top of your mouse, you can change the DPI with the scroll, so the scroll don't work.

5. Cannot change speed of Horizontal Scrolling in Windows 10

As I explained, I installed the updated drivers for the mouse already.

It seems to be a problem in Windows that is not taking into account my setting for horizontal scroll speed. Every aspect of the mouse works as expected, including rebinding buttons and macros, but when I scroll horizontally it will only ever scroll one
    character at a time. The setting to change scroll speed is in Windows, not the mouse driver software.

DFledermaus, Oct 26, 2019
  6. scrolling speed

Changing the arrow cursor might have caused the problem if it was the only change made prior to the issue. Have you tried to undo this change? If doing so doesn't make any difference, you may try the following methods to resolve the issue:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Right-click on the Start menu and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Uninstall and re-install the mouse driver.

• Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click the device name and select Uninstall.
    • To re-install the mouse driver, select Scan for hardware changes.

Method 3: Change the mouse scroll speed through the Settings app.

• Click the Start menu and click on Settings.
    • Go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
    • You will see a slider. Use it to set how many lines the scroll wheel should skip at a time for every scroll. Simply hold and drag the slider to the number you want.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Change Mouse Scroll Speed in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Mouse Scroll

2. Temporary scroll wheel speed changes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Temporary scroll wheel speed changes: I've noticed this issue across several device/mouse combinations. Basically, the scroll wheel will move, say, 3 lines regularly. Then for about 10 seconds, it will scroll WAY more than that, then drop back to the default settings. The searching I have done only returns...
  3. touchpad scroll speed changes throughout apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad scroll speed changes throughout apps: what i have done: i tried going to lenovo's website and tried installing different drivers, they didn't work and some even disabled my gestures. i have lenovo 320-15ikb laptop. more on behaviour: when i scroll with my touchpad i get different scroll speeds throught other...
  4. Two finger mouse pad scroll speed increase.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two finger mouse pad scroll speed increase.: I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to increase the two finger mouse pad scroll speed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-finger-mouse-pad-scroll-speed-increase/1393e460-3fc7-4f16-b4c3-7f79d54f04e2
  5. Adjust mouse scroll speed outside of settings app?

Adjust mouse scroll speed outside of settings app?: To my knowledge the mouse scroll speed is stored in the registry. At [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop] are 2 options "WheelScrollChars" and "WheelScrollLines". Changing either does not influence the settings which can be found in "System Settings"->"Mouse...
  6. Middle mouse scrolling maximum speed

Middle mouse scrolling maximum speed: I'm doing a lot of Excel work at the moment so need to be able to scroll efficiently vertically and horizontally. I find the speed of the middle mouse hold scrolling really frustrating, since it goes very slow then immediately jumps to insanely fast and I'm down at row 20000....
  7. To speed up mouse scrolling speed in Firefox in Linux VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    To speed up mouse scrolling speed in Firefox in Linux VirtualBox: I was told by somebody here with VIP badges that I should not post here how to make Firefox run more smoothly in a Virtual Machine in Linux. It should be in a Linux forum. So I moved it there. 28106
  8. Mouse problems - not scrolling, resetting speed

Mouse problems - not scrolling, resetting speed: Hi, I have a very strange and annoying problem. I bought a new mouse A4tech Bloody V7, I installed the software and everything seemed to be working fine. Then my PC went into the sleep mode and when I woke it up I realised that the mouse scroll doesn't work. I restarted the...
  9. Mouse Scroll Speed Reverts Back to Default - Help!

Mouse Scroll Speed Reverts Back to Default - Help!: I got a problem with my mouse. When I increase scroll wheel speed, it reverts back to default after reboot. For example, when I increase scroll speed to 8, it works. But after I reboot it reverts back to the original speed of 1 line per scroll. How do I fix this? 70367
  10. Change Mouse Cursor Speed in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Mouse Cursor Speed in Windows: How to: Change Mouse Cursor Speed in Windows How to Change Mouse Cursor Speed in Windows If your pointer is moving too slow or fast for you, then you can easily select a pointer speed you want instead. This tutorial will show you how to change the mouse pointer or...