Windows 10: Change my desktop colour - help!!

Discus and support Change my desktop colour - help!! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I got my new Acer V13 and try as I might I cannot change the desktop background colour! It has a picture against a blue background - on my last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by moggie, Sep 14, 2016.

1. moggie Win User

Change my desktop colour - help!!

I got my new Acer V13 and try as I might I cannot change the desktop background colour!

It has a picture against a blue background - on my last laptop I had a choice of PLAIN colours and I cannot find them!

I can see a palette of colours but these only change the colour on the task bar.

As a newbie please tell me where I am going wrong and what to go into to make the changes

Thanks everyone

:)

moggie, Sep 14, 2016
  2. rickybur Win User

Colour scheme changing to normal automatically

Original Title: Colour scheme

I changed the colour scheme of my windows 10 desktop only to find that it had changed my laptop to the same colour scheme without me knowing it was doing so.

rickybur, Sep 14, 2016
  3. Changing the Window background colour from white to a pale colour for Windows 10

I have my desktop picture which is how I like it. However, I need to change the window background colour from white to something softer. I have Irlens and looking at black on white or white on black constantly results in my having headaches/migraines,
    lack of concentration and eventually I can't see what it is I'm reading.

If I change the colours through the display or personalisation menu, I also end up losing my desktop which then becomes a solid colour which I don't want.

Can you help please. To repeat, I only need to change the windows background and not the desktop.

Thank you for your help in this matter.

naomis2318, Sep 14, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

In Control Panel, Personalization, you have two related settings: Desktop Background and Color. I use themes for the background so my desktop takes its color from a hue associated with whatever background is currently on display. The background color choices can be turned off for the various items you mention (Start menu, taskbar, action center, and also title bars). Do you need help with puzzling your way through this stuff? There may be tutorials on this ... goes off to look ... yes, there's a whole category called "Appearance & Personalization." You should probably root around in there and see what you can find. Here's something to get you going, though:

Change my desktop colour - help!! [​IMG]

You can get here by clicking Settings, Personalization, or looking for Personalization in Control Panel.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Sep 14, 2016
  5. bobfrost Win User

bobfrost, Sep 14, 2016
  6. moggie Win User
    Thanks to both of you for your help.

Bob Frost - I did what you said and it worked! Where I was going wrong was that it said slideshow and when I clicked on the down arrow it gave me the option of solid colours!!

Great.

moggie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Change my desktop colour - help!! - Similar Threads - Change desktop colour

2. Changing the colour on my External Webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing the colour on my External Webcam: Hi - I've recently purchased a external webcam and want to know how I can adjust the colourRegardsColin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-the-colour-on-my-external-webcam/c03a8584-deaf-43af-a381-8847bb29f6f6
  3. Changing The Colour of Fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing The Colour of Fonts: Hello. I want to know: where if possible do I look, in order to change the colour of my desktop font colour - not the font itself - from white to any other colour as I used to be able to do, on previous versions of Windows. Thank you....
  4. Desktop icon colours change to red

Desktop icon colours change to red: [IMG]Hi, A couple days ago i turned my pc on and it was running fine. Then it randomly made some of the colours that my monitor shows, such as green, as red. This makes gaming impossible as all i see is just red, and also disrupts online meetings. Ive checked the night...
  5. Colour of keyboard not changing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Colour of keyboard not changing: Hey there. My keyboard colours aren't changing when I use Alienware Command Center to change the colours; my keyboard backlight stays purple. My laptop is the Dell G5 15 5500. Please help me resolve this issue....
  6. Change Colour

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Colour: Hi I just got an HP laptop and when viewing pictures the colours are kind of washed out. So if possible I'd just like to make colours brighter eg red richer, yellow pink, all richer etc, nothing fancy just like when you adjust the contrast of the colour on your TV I know...
  7. Font Changing Colour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font Changing Colour: For a while now I have been puzzled why the font changes colour, usually late in the evening. I tried everything and was going to come here to ask why. Purely by chance I started checking controls via control panel and found that 'night mode' was on; something I have never...
  8. colour of desktop icons; favourites bar etc. has changed on my LG desktop monitor

colour of desktop icons; favourites bar etc. has changed on my LG desktop monitor: Desktop icons, favourites bar, and any image that should be red has changed to a mauve or purple on my new ( 2 months old) desktop monitor. How can I get back the normal red colour? Would changing the setting of the computer to an earlier date help this problem?...
  9. colour change

colour change: Using my laptop and left it for a bit, when returned the home screen has changed colour, very bland grey, white and peoples hair is yellow. No warm colours they disappeared. Any suggestion as to get my normal colours back...
  10. Need some help with a colour swap on Desktop Menus

Need some help with a colour swap on Desktop Menus: Hi all, Been playing with registry entries for a few days and I cannot seem to get the setup I want running. I will Pic appropriately to illustrate: Basically, I want to move away from the Light, and into the Dark Theme, Keeping my Teal Colour scheme (looks win95/98,...