Windows 10: Change Name of Program on Windows Key

Discus and support Change Name of Program on Windows Key in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a program that is on my Windows Key when I press it. It is a Ham Radio Program, although that does not matter. It is Called WSJT-X and was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MPSAN, Jun 24, 2018.

1. MPSAN Win User

Change Name of Program on Windows Key

I have a program that is on my Windows Key when I press it. It is a Ham Radio Program, although that does not matter. It is Called WSJT-X and was version 1.7 at the time. It has since been updated to 1.9, but the title in the W listings is still 1.7. How can I change this to reflect WSJT-X 1.9?

:)

MPSAN, Jun 24, 2018

2. How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Jun 24, 2018
  3. How do I change the network adapter name? (Windows 10)

Press Windows Key + R, type secpol.msc and press Enter to run it. In Local Security Policy window, go to the Network List Manager Policies in the left pane. Now in the right pane double click on the network name that you want to change. In the Properties windows under the Name section make sure that Name is selected. Now in the input field enter the name that you wish to use for your connection. Click Apply then OK to save the changes. And you might have to log in again or to restart your computer before the changes are applied.

lorraine walsh, Jun 24, 2018
  4. Change Name of Program on Windows Key

change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Jun 24, 2018
Thema:

Change Name of Program on Windows Key

1. Change Name of Program on Windows Key - Similar Threads - Change Name Program

2. How to change program name?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change program name?: So I know how to rename a file or shortcut, of course. But I want to change a program name so it appears how it I want it whenever its name comes up. For example, for Media Player Classic, when I choose "open with", it should say Media Player Classic, instead of MPC-HC x64,...
  3. Incorrect Program Names

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Incorrect Program Names: Hi! I have a problem with my programs not displaying their correct name or the correct filename of the file it opens. As shown on the top left area of the photo that I have attached below. This happens to programs like VLC, IDM, Acrobat Reader, Premier Pro, etc. What should I...
  4. Incorrect Program Names

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Incorrect Program Names: Hi! I have a problem with my programs not displaying their correct name or the correct filename of the file it opens. As shown on the top left area of the photo that I have attached below. What should I do? I hope somebody can help me with this. Thank you in advance....
  5. Is there a program to change file names?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a program to change file names?: Hello, i have a large list of files (pictures and videos) with ":" in the file names. Unfortunately Windows doesn't want this, is there a linux program that can help here or do I have to do it by hand? Gibt es ein Programm zum ändern von Dateinamen?
  6. Process named 'Program'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Process named 'Program': Hello, I have found a process in my the startup tab in the taskmanager named "Program". It is referring to "C:/Program Files/Teams Installer/Teams.exe" which might be Microsoft Teams. I removed MS Teams from my system and I don't know how to remove this process from my...
  7. Change Program Name on Windows Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Program Name on Windows Key: I have a program that is on my Windows Key when I press it. It is a Ham Radio Program, although that does not matter. It is Called WSJT-X and was version 1.7 at the time. It has since been updated to 1.9, but the title in the W listings is still 1.7. How can I change this to...
  8. Start > Programs. How to show program name - not manufacturer's name?

Start > Programs. How to show program name - not manufacturer's name?: . I have Windows 10 Pro. I tried to find a seldom-used program using Start > Programs. The search took a long time, because the list of programs contained the manufacturer's name - not the name of the program. Is it possible to edit or modify the entry so that I see...
  9. Missing icons in programs and features and changing names

Missing icons in programs and features and changing names: Some of my programs icons are missing in programs and features. They are also missing from the start menu. How do I get them back again? I also want to change the name of some of the programs installed on my computer. Solution: right click on a program in the start menu...
  10. Unknown programs with name program at Startup

Unknown programs with name program at Startup: Hi, my question is about two programs in the startup with name program, and i don't know wich program belongs, and if can disable it, I attach a picture of it [img] 18921

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change the name of a program in windows