Change Name of Program on Windows Key

Discus and support Change Name of Program on Windows Key in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a program that is on my Windows Key when I press it. It is a Ham Radio Program, although that does not matter. It is Called WSJT-X and was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MPSAN, Jun 24, 2018.

1. MPSAN Win User

I have a program that is on my Windows Key when I press it. It is a Ham Radio Program, although that does not matter. It is Called WSJT-X and was version 1.7 at the time. It has since been updated to 1.9, but the title in the W listings is still 1.7. How can I change this to reflect WSJT-X 1.9?

:)

MPSAN, Jun 24, 2018
  2. Sudeep Aprameyan Win User

How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Jun 24, 2018
  3. lorraine walsh Win User
    How do I change the network adapter name? (Windows 10)

Press Windows Key + R, type secpol.msc and press Enter to run it. In Local Security Policy window, go to the Network List Manager Policies in the left pane. Now in the right pane double click on the network name that you want to change. In the Properties windows under the Name section make sure that Name is selected. Now in the input field enter the name that you wish to use for your connection. Click Apply then OK to save the changes. And you might have to log in again or to restart your computer before the changes are applied.

lorraine walsh, Jun 24, 2018
  4. Marilou Ser Win User

change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Jun 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Change Name of Program on Windows Key - Similar Threads - Change Name Program

2. How to change User to a new name 1803

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change User to a new name 1803: Hi, I have just got a new PC and it was set up with the initial name User with many programs setup. Now I want to change that name to another. How do i do this please? There does not seem to be a place in 1803 that allows this. I set up another account with the name i...
  3. Change Taskbar so it shows file Names

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Taskbar so it shows file Names: Hi, I saved a number of Jpg and Gif files that I need to have open and easily toggle between. The files open in Microsoft Photo(I think) and I want to be able to see the file names in the Taskbar so I can toggle between them more easily. Right now they all just say photo in...
  4. Changing the computer name?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing the computer name?: Hello everyone, I need help with changing my username on the computer. now the reason i want to do it because my username is on my language and because of that the computer cant locate games or installation programs. and i know there is a option to change in the settings....
  5. Change Program Name on Windows Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Program Name on Windows Key: I have a program that is on my Windows Key when I press it. It is a Ham Radio Program, although that does not matter. It is Called WSJT-X and was version 1.7 at the time. It has since been updated to 1.9, but the title in the W listings is still 1.7. How can I change this to...
  6. Changing name on my wireless network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing name on my wireless network: Im trying to change the name of my wireless network, but it keeps changing it back as well as adding 5ghz at the end of my name, regardless of how many times i change it. I just want to change the name of my wireless network without having anything 5ghz added to it. 110532
  7. 'Network Name' Change? (Screenshots incl.)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'Network Name' Change? (Screenshots incl.): Hey guys. I'm wondering how I go about changing the "network profile" name set when connected to Ethernet on Windows 10. My WiFi SSID is "Skynet", but on my Local Area Connection network profile name it shows "Skynet 2". Is there a way I can change this to something else?...
  8. Timeline Using Mobo Name not PC name how can i change

in Windows 10 Support
    Timeline Using Mobo Name not PC name how can i change: Windows 10 Timeline uses the MOBO name not the PC name!!How can I make WIndows 10 Timeline use the PC name? It seems stupid to use the motherboard name as many people will have no idea. [img] [img] *Huh 109861
  9. Change taskbar items to display only filename not the program name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change taskbar items to display only filename not the program name: some programs display the filename before the program name in the taskbar eg notepad and MSword2013 some programs display the program name first eg powerISO + most others because my taskbar space is limited i need only the program name displayed next to the program...
  10. Missing icons in programs and features and changing names

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing icons in programs and features and changing names: Some of my programs icons are missing in programs and features. They are also missing from the start menu. How do I get them back again? I also want to change the name of some of the programs installed on my computer. Solution: right click on a program in the start menu...