Windows 10: Change Network from Public to Private

Discus and support Change Network from Public to Private in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I have Windows 10 up and running...How do I change my home Wi-Fi from Public networks to Private? I also want to join my homegroup however cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sparker781, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Change Network from Public to Private

So I have Windows 10 up and running...How do I change my home Wi-Fi from Public networks to Private? I also want to join my homegroup however cannot seem to figure it out....

Thanks

:)

sparker781, Aug 2, 2015
  2. Simkyn.C Win User

how do you change a network from public to private?

This link gives multiple options in order to change from public to private depending on the type of network you need to change:

How to Set Network Location to be Public or Private in Windows 10

Hope that helps.

Simkyn.C, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Change from public to private network

Hi,

Since you have mentioned that you are the I.T. support in your company, we suggest posting your query in our
    TechNet forums, a forum that is meant for IT Pro based issues. We have experts like web developers and I.T. supports such as yourself who
    are more knowledgeable with these kinds of concerns.

Best regards.

Patricia Yu, Aug 2, 2015
  4. linw Win User
Thema:

Change Network from Public to Private

1. Change Network from Public to Private - Similar Threads - Change Network Public

2. Change the WSL network profile from public to private.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the WSL network profile from public to private.: using Windows insider build 22463Hi,I had a Problem with WSL a few days ago.I now figured out that the problem was that I had set the Windows firewall to block all connections incomming from a public network. Since this includes the WSL network, I wasnt able to do a DNS...
  3. Cannot change network from public to private

Cannot change network from public to private: hello greetings from cloudy Scotland! I would like to ask community for help with network policy. I want to keep all PCs in private net but every time I reset PCs network changes from private to public. I tried to change network from public to private using admin account...
  4. Changing Network Status from public to private

Changing Network Status from public to private: How do I change a network status from public to private in windows 10 version 1803? * Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-network-status-from-public-to-private/ca5e16a5-28ca-407a-be65-3d7e15a905c2
  5. Network changed from Private to Public

Network changed from Private to Public: I have windows 10 version 1803 now my wifi network connection shows public not private so I can not get to the internet. HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-changed-from-private-to-public/503943f0-a5e9-483e-b1ef-a964d4e99178
  6. How to change public network to private

How to change public network to private: My wife's laptop jumped into public network mode yesterday for no known reason. I remember that it happened to my desktop last year, and I found instructions online showing how to change it back. So yesterday we searched online and she found the secpol.msc method. I...
  7. How to change public network to private

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change public network to private: My wife's laptop jumped into public network mode yesterday for no known reason. I remember that it happened to my desktop last year, and I found instructions online showing how to change it back. So yesterday we searched online and she found the secpol.msc method. I...
  8. Option to change network from Public to Private missing

Option to change network from Public to Private missing: I've spent the past several hours trying to figure out how to change my network from Public to Private, but every single source I find is clearly outdated. I've attempted to do this on both a wifi connection on my laptop as well as a wired connection on my brand new desktop,...
  9. change network location from public to private

change network location from public to private: Hi guys I am running a laptop with windows 10 , so how do I change the network profile from public to private . thanks 86368
  10. How to change network connection from Public to Private?

How to change network connection from Public to Private?: Does anyone know how to change the network from Public to Private in build 9926? It's defaulting to Public with network discovery turned off, etc, and I'd like to change it to Private. 3685