Windows 10: change network settings per network

Discus and support change network settings per network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I connect to different wireless networks with my laptop. some networks don't have dhcp and require setting a static IP. the problem is that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gkman, Mar 24, 2016.

1. gkman Win User

change network settings per network

Hello.
    I connect to different wireless networks with my laptop. some networks don't have dhcp and require setting a static IP. the problem is that setting a static IP sets it for ALL networks. sure- there is the additional setting tab- but that only helps with one "dhcp-less" network and makes establishing a connection much slower.

I was hoping to find a network manager (built in - or third party) similar to what android or linux have, where settings are saved per network.

anyone knows of a solution?

:)

gkman, Mar 24, 2016
  2. blitzkid Win User

C7 Anna internet connection problems

After Anna update, the network settings are set to dual mode... Change this setting as per your requirement and see if there are any changes. And as far as I know, wlan scanning should be turned on for the phone to automatically scan for wifi... Check
    that as well.

blitzkid, Mar 24, 2016
  3. PC is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions

Hello Brian,

You may try the steps below on the PC which is not discoverable/accessible on the network.

• Press Windows + R on the keyboard.
    • Type control and hot enter.
    • At the top right corner make sure that the view type is set to "large" or "small" icons.
    • Click on "Network & Sharing Center"
    • On the left pane, click on "Advanced Sharing Settings"
    • Make sure you keep network discovery on for Private as well as "All Networks" options.
    • Change the settings as per your requirements.

Let us know the results. Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Mar 24, 2016
  4. change network settings per network

TairikuOkami, Mar 24, 2016
Thema:

change network settings per network

1. change network settings per network - Similar Threads - change network settings

2. How to set network Proxy settings per WIFI connection?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to set network Proxy settings per WIFI connection?: Windows 10 version 2004+ Is there any way to set Proxy settings for specific wifi or lan connections, so that when switching networks one does not have to manually go and change the proxy settings? this is very easily accomplished on android. I often switch networks at work...
  3. Windows 10 per to per network

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 per to per network: I have setup a per to per windows 10 network. About every 2-3 weeks the drives disconnect on the workstations and have to re setup the mapping and the authorization. I looks like the admin logs out or disconnects or the authorization is lost. How can it be setup so the...
  4. set the default WiFi network per user

set the default WiFi network per user: Hello I have a Windows 10 (1903) Home laptop, and I want to configure it so that when user1 logs in, they automatically connect on WiFinetwork1, and when user2 logs in, they automatically connect on WiFinetwork2. Basically I want to set the default WiFi network per user. Is...
  5. set the default WiFi network per user

in Windows 10 Support
    set the default WiFi network per user: Hello I have a Windows 10 (1903) Home laptop, and I want to configure it so that when user1 logs in, they automatically connect on WiFinetwork1, and when user2 logs in, they automatically connect on WiFinetwork2. Basically I want to set the default WiFi network per user. Is...
  6. Networking: DNS Setting changes

Networking: DNS Setting changes: Hello, I have come across something frustrating. Each time I turn on my computer the DNS setting in the "Internet Protocol version 4" changes from (Obtain DNS Server address automatically) to a preferred DNS server, this causes my computer not to have internet so I have...
  7. Windows Updates changes network settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Updates changes network settings: Finally fed up with having to reset everything after Windows updates. Been a Windows user since 1995, but I've had it. Going to Linux. You guys at Microsoft will start losing market share sooner or later if you keep making people's lives more difficult....
  8. updates change network and firewall settings

updates change network and firewall settings: this is the 3rd update since installing windows 10, and the 3rd time ms has decided to change networking, anti-virus and firewall settings. each time homegroup is turned on, my home network becomes public, network discovery is turned off, all network security settings are...
  9. Change or set Active Network

Change or set Active Network: I have googled and checked the forum but I can't seem to see anybody else having this problem. I have a simple network comprising of three PCs on a single router. One PC runs Win7 and acts as a file server to the other two PCs. The two PCs are running Win10 latest...
  10. network setting

network setting: Which is the preferred setting for windows 10 network.....public or private? 98224