Windows 10: Change notification area expansion arrow icon

Discus and support Change notification area expansion arrow icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So. I am and have been looking for a way to change the system tray arrow icon that shows you the icons that are in the tray once you click on it [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by iVanity, May 12, 2017.

1. iVanity Win User

Change notification area expansion arrow icon

So. I am and have been looking for a way to change the system tray arrow icon that shows you the icons that are in the tray once you click on it
    Change notification area expansion arrow icon [​IMG]
    I highlighted it in pink. I want to change that icon.

:)

iVanity, May 12, 2017
  2. ms1406 Win User

Missing Notification area Icon in Windows 10 control Panel

thanks , but you did not understand the problem.

I have since found the solution wlsewhere:

To add a hidden icon to the notification area

• Click the arrow next to the notification area, and then drag the icon you want to move to the notification area. You can drag as many hidden icons to the notification area as you want.

To
    always show all icons on the taskbar

• Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click Properties.

• Under Notification area, click Customize.

• Select the Always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar check box, and then click
      OK.

ms1406, May 12, 2017
  3. Volume Icon missing Windows 10

Forget those cracks and workarounds. Use the OS for this. Notification area was also used to be known as system tray and status bar earlier.

Easy and longer way:

Go to Settings, then Personalization, then Taskbar. On the right section, under "Notification area", click on "Select which icons appear on the taskbar", then in the new window that opens up select your options.

Easier way:

In the notification area, open your "Show hidden icons" (looks like an up arrow/caret), and then drag and drop the icon you want into the notification area.

BakedCentipede, May 12, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

It's part of the Taskbar, I don't think it can be changed without modifying/re-writing the core files of Windows.

Berton, May 12, 2017
  5. mykou Win User
    The only way to change the default one is to use a third custom theme or edit yourself using windows style builder ( paid software )

Mine is the blue dot on screenshot for example .

Change notification area expansion arrow icon [​IMG]

mykou, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Change notification area expansion arrow icon - Similar Threads - Change notification area

2. Notification area stopped showing the arrow thing ^

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notification area stopped showing the arrow thing ^: [IMG] After windows update it stop showing, anyone know what's the problem here? My taskbar without the ^ icon submitted by /u/Kenendy001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/xsqpjl/notification_area_stopped_showing_the_arrow_thing/
  3. The BT notification area icon is not showing the arrow for available devices. It used to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The BT notification area icon is not showing the arrow for available devices. It used to...: Without the arrow, I always have to go to Bluetooth settings and then connect and disconnect devices which is very tedious. Unlike the WiFi button see the attached image which still has it. How to fix that?...
  4. The BT notification area icon is not showing the arrow for available devices. It used to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The BT notification area icon is not showing the arrow for available devices. It used to...: Without the arrow, I always have to go to Bluetooth settings and then connect and disconnect devices which is very tedious. Unlike the WiFi button see the attached image which still has it. How to fix that?...
  5. Win 10 Notification area missing arrow for hidden icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Notification area missing arrow for hidden icons: I looked at some "search answers" here in your forum but could not. I can't find anything on my Version of Win 10 which is 10.0.19042 (build 19402) for fixing this issue. And I have no idea why it disappeared, and why the Audio Control icon appeared. The only icons I have...
  6. Notification area icon settings change on restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification area icon settings change on restart: When I restart or logoff and logon to Windows 10 some notification area icons get switched off. Is there any way to prevent this? 166918
  7. notification area sound icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    notification area sound icon: Windows 10 on Bootcamp - Notification area sound icon does not control sound, any ideas please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area-sound-icon/4cf1a029-4624-41fc-88d5-8f22ea492241
  8. icon in notification area

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    icon in notification area: my icon in notification area has grows legs and left it is missing . how do I get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/icon-in-notification-area/d449855c-35f5-4971-adc1-47e795376db8
  9. Notification Area Icons location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification Area Icons location: Could not find "Notification Area Icons" in "All Control Panel Items" for Windows 10, but I could find it under Settings-System-Notifications. Is that normal for Windows 10? How can I add it in the "All Control Panel Items"? Thanks 42364
  10. Notification Area Scroll Arrows

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area Scroll Arrows: I recently formatted my laptop and performed a fresh install of Windows 10. Everything was going well, until I noticed that when I have more than 4 icons in the Notification Area, I get scroll arrows to scroll left or right, instead of the Notification Area just resizing to...