Windows 10: change of graphics card

Discus and support change of graphics card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A couple of weeks ago I found that I required a passively cooled graphics card for another pc . This pc had an Nvidia 610 which filled the bill. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tinmar49, Jan 24, 2015.

1. tinmar49 Win User

change of graphics card

A couple of weeks ago I found that I required a passively cooled graphics card for another pc . This pc had an Nvidia 610 which filled the bill. I uninstalled the drivers and fitted my spare Radeon 5670. I installed the 5670 drivers and the card is recognised in device manager and display. Since then, Windows Update is still trying to install the full Nvidia package. Build 9879.

:)

tinmar49, Jan 24, 2015

2. Black screen with cursor, can't log in, Windows 10 Pro SAFE MODE DOESN'T WORK

This is clearly a driver issue graphic card or the setting have changed in the graphics. try taking out the graphics card and use the motherboard graphics. uninstall the graphics card and then reload it onto the motherboard . when it fires up things should
    work great.

KrystalSpires, Jan 24, 2015
  3. Changing default graphics card

Thank you for the answer, but you missed my point. I'm positive that something is wrong with my graphics cards. Since I don't have budget for fixing it, I am looking for the way to "tell" my laptop that during POST doesn't look for NVIDIA GPU but rather
    integrated one (so it doesn't beep while it's booting). Other than beeping, my laptop works fine, once it boots to the OS.

Ajdin Mujezinovic, Jan 24, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

change of graphics card

You should be able to hide that update if you don't want it to install. There should be some instructions on the forum how to perform that in the new update in the Settings.

HTH
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Jan 24, 2015
  5. CountMike New Member
    Didn't find a way to choose what's installed thru WU.

CountMike, Jan 25, 2015
  6. tinmar49 Win User
    Today, Microsoft updates sucessfully installed the Nvidia 610 drivers,despite having removed the card a month ago. This pc failed to update to the current build and automatically restored to 9879.

tinmar49, Feb 9, 2015
  7. Well if you removed the card and didn't remove the drivers it will update. It's about the software not the hardware although if you add new hardware windows trys to add the correct driver but it doesn't remove the old you have to do that manually.

orlbuckeye, Feb 10, 2015
  8. tinmar49 Win User

change of graphics card

The drivers did not show in programs and features in control panel. Just after my last post, I successfully updated to 9926, and today, I was offered the full Catalyst download. The first install failed, but second is ok. After 9926 there have been no references to Nvidia.

tinmar49, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

change of graphics card

1. change of graphics card - Similar Threads - change graphics card

2. how to change a amd graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change a amd graphics card: so there is 2 graphics card in my laptop one is AMD Radeon TM and the other is Radeon RX 5500Mso my problem is i cant find the thing called the gpu workload option in the amd graphics software adrenaline editionso someone pls help me wiht this missin GPU workload option...
  3. how to change a amd graphics card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change a amd graphics card: so there is 2 graphics card in my laptop one is AMD Radeon TM and the other is Radeon RX 5500Mso my problem is i cant find the thing called the gpu workload option in the amd graphics software adrenaline editionso someone pls help me wiht this missin GPU workload option...
  4. Changing graphics card?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Changing graphics card?: Desktop PC with Windows 10 pro build 20h2 19042.964,, AMD Ryzen 7 1700x, 32 gig ram, 8 core. I plan to take my old gforce graphics card out of the system and replace it with a much better GTX 1650 super. I need to know if I should uninstall the old graphics card drivers then...
  5. Changing graphics card?

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing graphics card?: Desktop PC with Windows 10 pro build 20h2 19042.964,, AMD Ryzen 7 1700x, 32 gig ram, 8 core. I plan to take my old gforce graphics card out of the system and replace it with a much better GTX 1650 super. I need to know if I should uninstall the old graphics card drivers then...
  6. Changing Brightness with Nvidia Graphic Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing Brightness with Nvidia Graphic Card: Hello Everybody, While I am using Nvidia Graphic Card, for example playing a game, the brightness decreasing and increasing frequently. When I unplug the the power cable and then plug in again, the problem is temporarily fixed. How can I fix the problem? My computer is...
  7. graphic card

graphic card: I have Toshiba netbook NB 305 with windows 10. I wanted to download for windows 10 ookla speedtest which is offered free in Microsoft store. After installation when I click on launch I got message "failed to initialize direct3D. At least Direct 11 feature level 9.3 is...
  8. graphics card

graphics card: how do I find out which graphic card I have https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-card/ce87d398-8667-4c3a-985c-96a6c9defdf6
  9. Graphic Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic Card: How do I find the graphic card data installed on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/graphic-card/9c222831-7ddf-4e28-9f0c-c4518df153df
  10. graphics cards

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    graphics cards: I have a 6 year old Dell XPS 8300 with new hard drive, PSU and monitor,keyboard and mouse. When it breaks I will get another and not sink money in this one. I can use some of the parts. The graphics card, NVidia, is horizontal and works OK. I also have a similar port...