Windows 10: change of location of onedrive folder to truecrypt container

Discus and support change of location of onedrive folder to truecrypt container in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If I change the location of onedrive folder to a truecrypt container, then whether sync will work when the container is not mounted or I will have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sam9, Nov 15, 2015.

1. sam9 Win User

change of location of onedrive folder to truecrypt container

If I change the location of onedrive folder to a truecrypt container, then whether sync will work when the container is not mounted or I will have to mount the container to sync the onedrive folder.

:)

2. Creators Update & Library Folders

It seems that the location of your OneDrive folder is conflicting with the Library folders. To help you resolve the issue, we suggest
    changing the location of your OneDrive folder. You may need to
    temporarily unlink your OneDrive account. Change the location other than the default Library folders. Try to change the location of the Pictures folder again after changing the location of the OneDrive folder.

Let us know how it goes.

Devlin Sco, Nov 15, 2015
  3. Einar987 Win User
    Windows 7 to 10 upgrade: TrueCrypt 7.1a

My work laptop has whole disk encryption using TrueCrypt 7.1a and I have external backup hard drives that are also encrypted using TrueCrypt so I would like to know if an upgrade to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) will cause any problems?

- Will the whole encryption be okay?

- Will I need a TrueCrypt app to read external hard drives that have been encrypted using TrueCrypt?

- Will I need a TrueCrypt app to read files (containers) that have been encrypted using TrueCrypt?

The compatibility report from the Windows 10 app did not identify TrueCrypt as a problem.

I know that TrueCrypt is no longer supported but it works well and has never given me any problems. Thus I would like to keep it for as long as possible.

Kind regards,

Einar

Einar987, Nov 15, 2015
Thema:

change of location of onedrive folder to truecrypt container

1. change of location of onedrive folder to truecrypt container - Similar Threads - change location onedrive

2. OneDrive location changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive location changes: Why does the location for OneDrive keep changing? I set the GPS location for my address, but no help keeping location the same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-location-changes/3b403250-be65-4311-947e-5db263330687
  3. OneDrive location changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive location changes: Why does the location for OneDrive keep changing? I set the GPS location for my address, but no help keeping location the same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-location-changes/3b403250-be65-4311-947e-5db263330687
  4. User folder contains duplicate folders after changing location from onedrive via registry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User folder contains duplicate folders after changing location from onedrive via registry: Hello, I have never used one dirve and uninstalled it long ago. However I realized that i had a onedrive folder in my FE pane that contained duplicated fodlers of my user folders pictures, documents, etc. I wasn't sure if these were real duplicates taking up 2x space on my...
  5. User folder contains duplicate folders after changing location from onedrive via registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User folder contains duplicate folders after changing location from onedrive via registry: Hello, I have never used one dirve and uninstalled it long ago. However I realized that i had a onedrive folder in my FE pane that contained duplicated fodlers of my user folders pictures, documents, etc. I wasn't sure if these were real duplicates taking up 2x space on my...
  6. User folder contains duplicate folders after changing location from onedrive via registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Onedrive folder locations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive folder locations: I have three separate folders for my OneDrive files in my File Explorer tree. The first folder is directly below the "Desktop" folder at the very top of the tree. The 2nd OneDrive folder is in my personal folder that has my name on it with the icon of a man for the folder....
  8. Temp.desktop folder only contain onedrive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temp.desktop folder only contain onedrive: Hello, Yesterday I discovered that a huge TEMP.DESKTOP has been created at C:\user and that folder does only contain Onedrive things. But It does contain ALL my onedrive things, also those that shall not be stored locally. BTW, my normal onedrive storage is at D:\ and that...
  9. Does "the cloud" have something against TrueCrypt containers?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does "the cloud" have something against TrueCrypt containers?: I've been having a little problem with uploading my backup files to "cloud" storage services lately. I have all my personal files in TrueCrypt containers to keep everything secure. I have them that way in my computer, and also in a flash drive. When my old computer died, I...
  10. Change Location of OneDrive Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Location of OneDrive Folder in Windows 10: How to: Change Location of OneDrive Folder in Windows 10 How to Change the Location of your OneDrive Folder in Windows 10 OneDrive is a free online storage service that comes bundled with Windows 10. You can use OneDrive with your Microsoft account to save your files...