Windows 10: Change of Plans - Regarding a Computer Purchase

Discus and support Change of Plans - Regarding a Computer Purchase in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I wanted to make a new thread on this case because my other one isn't really getting much attention. Anyway, so I decided not to go with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Change of Plans - Regarding a Computer Purchase

I wanted to make a new thread on this case because my other one isn't really getting much attention.

Anyway, so I decided not to go with the computer that Computer Works (The local computer shop) was selling. The HP Slimline looked nice, but they found out that some of the components on it weren't upgradable. So they purchased a Dell OptiPlex 970 and started working on it for me. I didn't like how it looked. Mainly because it was dented up and it looked old.

So, I went to several places looking for a good used HP computer for sale for a low price. I found one, but it was manufactured in 2011 and didn't have a warranty.

So, my church family (a few people including my Pastor) decided to ask me if I would like to receive a computer that meets my needs as a gift. I was kind of shocked. I didn't know I was looked up to that much. So I let my mom talk to the lady (Mrs. Paulette) from church who taught me some in school. They have purchased me an HP Pavilion 550-153w Desktop PC combo with Bang & Olufsen sound. It comes with an Intel Core i3 processor that is upgradable to an i5. Very nice PC. I have liked HP and the newer Dells ever since I started working on them. The computer is Certified Refurbished. But that's okay, because they put a 3 year protection plan on it. It's a 2016 model.

God is good!

:)

Jesse Williams, Sep 2, 2017

2. Are there any plans to allow purchase of XBLA games on WP7 with Microsoft Points?

so I'll take that as a no and go back to playing flowerz for two years for my next upgrade

RossEMaszczak, Sep 2, 2017
  3. Ty F. Win User
    Ty F., Sep 2, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Change of Plans - Regarding a Computer Purchase

Awesome Blessing, Jesse!
    Give Thanks and Enjoy! *Thumbs

Edwin, Sep 2, 2017
  5. Tony K Win User
    *Ditto *Ditto *Ditto

Tony K, Sep 2, 2017
  6. According to HPs website, that can be upgraded to a Core i7 4790. Not only that, but can be upgraded to have 16GB RAM as well. Looks like it would be a pretty good machine.

ArazelEternal, Sep 2, 2017
  7. I like it! It seems pretty fast and responsive. I will probably upgrade the RAM before the processor though. The screen is a 23 inch 1080P screen. According to HP'S website, the monitor is an HP 23es 23-inch Display.

8. AddRAM Win User

An i5 will be a fine upgrade, that`s all you need, and at least 8 GB of memory will be good too.

Just don`t start installing or downloading a bunch of garbage you don`t need, and please create a system image before you start doing anything with it.

AddRAM, Sep 2, 2017
  9. @AddRAM, oh trust me, I am not one to put a bunch of garbage on any of my computers. I put my photography software, my pictures, and the software the cleans it up and keeps it protected from viruses on my computers and that's all.

10. AddRAM Win User
    What software that cleans it up ?

What is the exact name of it ?

AddRAM, Sep 2, 2017
  11. Ccleaner, MBAM (Malwarebytes Antimalware), and SAS (Superantispyware). Also, my antivirus software which is Norton that is provided by my ISP (Internet Service Provider).

Jesse Williams, Sep 3, 2017
  12. Change of Plans - Regarding a Computer Purchase [​IMG]

Change of Plans - Regarding a Computer Purchase [​IMG]

That's it. It's super nice.

Jesse Williams, Sep 5, 2017
  13. Tony K Win User

Wow! Very nice, Jesse. That's quite a blessing. *Smile

Tony K, Sep 5, 2017
  14. Winuser Win User
    Nice computer. My second computer looks just like it. It is the HP Pavilion 550-126. God has definitely blessed you with some wonderful friends. Enjoy! *Smile

Winuser, Sep 6, 2017
  15. Thank you @HippsieGypsie and @Winuser. It is a wonderful blessing. I got them each a Thank you card. God is good!

Jesse Williams, Sep 6, 2017
Thema:

1. Change of Plans - Regarding a Computer Purchase - Similar Threads - Change Plans Regarding

2. Regarding the purchase and use of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding the purchase and use of Windows: Hello, may I ask if I purchase a pre installed genuine Windows laptop or boxed Windows DVD from a foreign country such as South Korea or Japan and then bring it back to China? Can it be activated or installed normally? Thank you!...
  3. Regarding the purchase and use of Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Regarding the purchase and use of Windows: Hello, may I ask if I purchase a pre installed genuine Windows laptop or boxed Windows DVD from a foreign country such as South Korea or Japan and then bring it back to China? Can it be activated or installed normally? Thank you!...
  4. Regarding the purchase and use of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Regarding Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding Computer: Hi, How can I use my old computer hard disk means it will be plugged in cpu cabinet and in hard disk there will be no os but if I plug my usb cable in usb port after that in my mobile I can upload files...
  6. Regarding Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding Computer: Hi, How can I use my old computer hard disk means it will be plugged in cpu cabinet and in hard disk there will be no os but if I plug my usb cable in usb port after that in my mobile I can upload files...
  7. Regarding changing computer..

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Regarding changing computer..: Hello, I bought windows 10 home fpp serial key. I want to change computer, Then is it available to use serial key which already bought? Should I something before changing computer for using current serial key? Thanks...
  8. change of 0f plan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    change of 0f plan: because the windows 10 iso file didnt work im going to use windows 8.1 iso file and then update to windows 10, just wanted to know if this will work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-of-0f-plan/ae0ff64a-05ef-4edd-9991-bd319d7d7cdb
  9. How to change log on purchased computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change log on purchased computer: I purchased a laptop with Windows 10 installed. I have added several accounts to the computer but cannot remove the log in name of the previous owner. He sent it to me with the Admin account having an open password so that I can do what I want, but his name comes up as the...
  10. power plan is changing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    power plan is changing: My laptop is set to never sleep. However, sometimes it actually goes to sleep. But the issue is that when it awakes, Windows changes my power plan. Any assistance is appreciated....