Windows 10: change or override default 32x32 mouse pointer size limit

Discus and support change or override default 32x32 mouse pointer size limit in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am visually impaired and am looking for a way to change or override the default 32x32 mouse pointer size limit either through Registry settings,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by deeshmeee, Sep 10, 2016.

1. deeshmeee Win User

change or override default 32x32 mouse pointer size limit

I am visually impaired and am looking for a way to change or override the default 32x32 mouse pointer size limit either through Registry settings, Group Policy or through a setting in God Mode. Is there anyone who can help? I know there is some way to create pointer/cursor size schemes that show larger even in Windows 10 as I have some VERY large installable cursor schemes they are called Phillip's Large Colored Cursors. I have tried editing & increasing the size of the .cur & .ani files themselves but they will still not DISPLAY at the actual size because of the 32x32 default size limit in 10. I will be very greatful to anyone who can help. *Nerd

:)

deeshmeee, Sep 10, 2016
  2. Hennyo Win User

[Default] White-Pointer Sizing -option 1 of 3-, Not black cursor/POINTER size selection is broken. EDIT: The scaling code is broken; (Suggested) FIX INLCUDED you should examine.

So in settings under "change the mouse color" or "change the mouse pointer size"

THE WHITE pointer is broken (stuck) on medium of the three settings.

1a) Only the black pointer can shrink to normal (option 1 of 3/smallest) size. Commanding/selecting the white pointer to be Smallest (default) of the three options again is broken. White pointer sizing, though notionally/nominally "default/defacto" (small)
    does not BECOME defacto (small) EVER AGAIN; The White-Pointer remains in perpetual mid-sized. Restart, or playing with scaling does not solve/reset this issue.

Summary of error: Win-10 Pro-misgivings

The White pointer at default -size "small" or option 1 of 3- sizing, once changed CANNOT BE CHANGED BACK.

THANKS MICROSOFT if this can be addressed in turse-order!

The mid-sized pointer obviously generally looks WRONG, and doesn't scale well.

Hennyo, Sep 10, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Sep 10, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Berton, Sep 10, 2016
  5. deeshmeee Win User
    Thank you very much for the quick reply. I'm sorry but, I should have mentioned that I had tried contacting him & got the same response. *Redface I was really just using that as an example of cursors that are somehow able to override the limit. I have downloaded the PDF you shared & will be contacting whoever I can from there to find out what I can do to override the settings so I can use the custom cursors I have collected &/or made that I just don't see as well anymore. Thank you again & have a blessed day.

change or override default 32x32 mouse pointer size limit [​IMG]

deeshmeee, Sep 10, 2016
  6. Barnack Win User
    Someone with some programming skills could make a background program which draws a bigger cursor over your cursor's display position...

Barnack, Sep 12, 2016
  7. Hopachi Win User

An interesting question.
    Unfortunately, so far, the 32x32 size is bolted in.

However you can use an extra large pointer scheme.
    That way you'll make use of the 32x32 size at its fullest fill.

Best is to also set your DPI at 200%, that way compatible hi-res cursors will scale up further along wit all UI.
    Change DPI Scaling Level for Displays in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

The extra-large default pointer from Windows will suffice.
    I've also created hi-res aware pointers here:
    Aero-Red:
    Custom Cursors - Page 9 - - Windows 10 Forums
    The red one should be a bit more visible than the standard ones.

Aero-7-Remastered:
    Custom Cursors - Page 6 - - Windows 10 Forums
    This is as big as the red one but white. But here you'll see a screenshot of 200% DPI settings, and some settings that will work for the red cursor as well.

So these cursors will look as large as possible using current standards in Windows.
    In order to increase all a bit further, including the mouse pointer, use the Magnifier app on top of all.

Hopachi, Apr 23, 2017
  8. deeshmeee Win User

Hopachi. Thank you very much for your reply. I will look into all you have suggested. Have a great day!

deeshmeee, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. change or override default 32x32 mouse pointer size limit - Similar Threads - change override default

2. Is there a way to create a shortcut to change mouse pointer size?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to create a shortcut to change mouse pointer size?: Hi folks, does anyone know of a way to create a shortcut to quickly increase the mouse pointer size and then toggle it back to normal size again? I know this can be changed in Settings but when there are a lot of online presentations it would be really helpful to have a...
  3. Is there a way to create a shortcut to change mouse pointer size?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to create a shortcut to change mouse pointer size?: Hi folks, does anyone know of a way to create a shortcut to quickly increase the mouse pointer size and then toggle it back to normal size again? I know this can be changed in Settings but when there are a lot of online presentations it would be really helpful to have a...
  4. Is there a way to create a shortcut to change mouse pointer size?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to change the aspect of your mouse pointer by default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the aspect of your mouse pointer by default: I know how to change the aspect of my mouse pointer, but when i restart my computer, I lost my personalisation, I need to go on settings for change manually the file for my mouse pointer. How I can put my personalisation mouse pointer by default ?Thanks you...
  6. How to change the aspect of your mouse pointer by default

How to change the aspect of your mouse pointer by default: I know how to change the aspect of my mouse pointer, but when i restart my computer, I lost my personalisation, I need to go on settings for change manually the file for my mouse pointer. How I can put my personalisation mouse pointer by default ?Thanks you...
  7. How to change the aspect of your mouse pointer by default

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Changing Mouse Pointer Size

Changing Mouse Pointer Size: Hello All: I Understand about % scaling of text and other things between multiple monitors. I have a 4k monitor, 2k one, and a 1080. You know what would be friggin awesome? A way to change the size of the mouse from 1 display to the other. So, that...
  9. How to change the mouse pointer size, mouse properties

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to change the mouse pointer size, mouse properties: looking for mouse pointer properties. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-to-change-the-mouse-pointer-size-mouse/5781e25a-e477-4e72-b6ba-01264df8fe28
  10. changing custom pointer size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    changing custom pointer size: hi, hello, so here's the thing, i made a bunch of custom pointers, sized 48x48px if i recall that well. then, whenever i try to change i try to change the original one within windows system the size change back to 32x32px :v is there a way to make the size however i...