Windows 10: Change order of bookmarks in Edge?

Discus and support Change order of bookmarks in Edge? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is there any way to change the order of the bookmarks in Edge? I can't seem to drag and drop anymore. Matt 14442 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sportsfan7702, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Change order of bookmarks in Edge?

Is there any way to change the order of the bookmarks in Edge? I can't seem to drag and drop anymore.

Matt

:)

sportsfan7702, Aug 8, 2015
  2. e.gray Win User

how to make the order of saving bookmarks in favourite bar in edge like internet explorer to put new bookmarks in left side not in right side in windows 10?

There doesn't appear to be a way to do this automatically.

But you can always just drag the favorites to what ever location you like in the Favorites bar (to the left or right)

e.gray, Aug 8, 2015
  3. how to make the order of saving bookmarks in favourite bar in edge like internet explorer to put new bookmarks in left side not in right side in windows 10?

Hi Jagrata,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, Edge does not work like Internet Explorer.

If it helps, lets create a new folder/subfolder to re-organize the favorites.

If you want to move the favorite to a new folder then, try the below steps and check if it helps.

1) Open the favorite link, which you want to add to a new folder.

2) Click on the Add to favorites or Reading list icon (Star button).

3) Click on Create new folder and Click on
    Add
    button.

4) Same way, open the favorite which you want to move to the new folder.

5) Click on the Add to favorites or Reading list icon (Star button).

6) Select the folder, under the Save location drop down menu.

7) Click on Update button.

For more information on Microsoft Edge browser, refer to the below link;

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/microsoft-edge

Note: You can also provide a your valuable suggestion in the feedback app.

Keep us posted for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Aug 8, 2015
  4. BRKING Win User

Change order of bookmarks in Edge?

I want to know as well. I wish it didn't show the urls. Very hard to read a list of bookmark names and urls. It's a mess

BRKING, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

Change order of bookmarks in Edge?

1. Change order of bookmarks in Edge? - Similar Threads - Change order bookmarks

2. Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons: I recently had to replace my hard drive and I am trying to load the Favicons file from my old user directory and get Error "0x800704C8 This operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open". I was able to move the bookmark file so all my bookmarks show...
  3. Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons: I recently had to replace my hard drive and I am trying to load the Favicons file from my old user directory and get Error "0x800704C8 This operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open". I was able to move the bookmark file so all my bookmarks show...
  4. Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Changing Favourites order in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Changing Favourites order in Edge: Is it possible to change the order of Favourites so that the latest are first, not last? 128158
  6. edge recreates deleted bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    edge recreates deleted bookmarks: its an annoying bit of problem. everytime i delete a bookmark, that same bookmark seems to have a mind of its own and spawns. in same location. what is wrong and how to fix it 74039
  7. Search Edge Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Search Edge Bookmarks: Does anyone know how to open the Bookmarks folder in Edge and how to search the bookmarks ? Thanks in advance. Alan 53399
  8. Edge bookmarks disapearing

in Browsers and Email
    Edge bookmarks disapearing: I tried importing bookmarks directly from Chrome and tried importing from a file and get the same result with both. I have re-installed Windows Creators several times and still get the same results. Cleared everything from Edge and start over, same result. When I first...
  9. Linking Edge Browers bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Linking Edge Browers bookmarks: Hey Guys, I have a desktop PC and laptop, both with Win10 install. I have saved all my bookmarks to my Edge browser on my PC. Is there a way I can sync my Edge browser on my laptop with the bookmarks from my pc. I know Google Chrome and Opera allow this feature but I...
  10. Edge Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Bookmarks: How do I save my bookmarks in edge to transfer to another computer. I want my same setting if possible on another computer. Thanks 31196

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how change order of bookmarks in edge