Windows 10: Change password as windows 10 admin user

Discus and support Change password as windows 10 admin user in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello I am the admin user on my daughter's windows 10 laptop. She has forgotten her password and her pin and so I want to try and change the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by redchris, Aug 2, 2017.

1. redchris Win User

Change password as windows 10 admin user

Hello

I am the admin user on my daughter's windows 10 laptop. She has forgotten her password and her pin and so I want to try and change the password. Does anyone know how to do this please?

I have gone to the 'Family and other people' window and it gives me an option to change the account type. However I can't see how I can change her password.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chris

:)

redchris, Aug 2, 2017
  2. AV.M Win User

Unable to log in to user admin account

This morning I added my email alias as my Windows 10 "admin user" account and changed my primary email (or log-on) to a "standard user" account. I assumed that they shared the same password because the alias hangs off of my primary email. I can't login
    to my admin user account now, I receive a message "the user name or password is incorrect." I've changed my primary email password, but I still can't login to my admin user account using the same password. I have logged in to outlook.com before using my
    email alias and my primary email password. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

AV.M, Aug 2, 2017
  3. Windows 10 unable to update admin password

I am able to access my standard user account in Windows 10 on my home PC but am unable to update my user admin account password. I enter the old admin password and then a new strong password and I receive the message "unable to update the password. The
    value provided for the new password does not meet the length, complexity....etc"

I have entered a complex password but win 10 does not allow me to change the password. I can use my PC but cannot acess any advanced options in Windows 10. Any ideas?

waxingcrescent, Aug 2, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 2, 2017
  5. redchris Win User
    Thanks Brink

In the end I reset my daughter's outlook password. I was then able to use that to reset her laptop password. Thanks

I must admit I thought that, as an adminuser on her laptop, I would be able to reset her password directly from my profile. Is that not the case?

Thanks

Chris

redchris, Aug 4, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That's great news Chris.

If her account had been a local account instead of a Microsoft account, you would have been able to reset or change the password from your admin account.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Change password as windows 10 admin user - Similar Threads - Change password admin

2. admin user name and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    admin user name and password: When I receive a notice that there is a newer version of one of my browsers and I try to have it downloaded I am asked for an admin user name and password. Is there a way I can find out this information?...
  3. ADMIN USER NAME AND PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Customization
    ADMIN USER NAME AND PASSWORD: Please help Me with this, i cant access some downloads and changes. it will always direct me into this.USER ACCOUNT CONTROLDo you want to allow this app to make changes to your device ?USER ACCOUNTS CONTROL PANELVerified publisher: Microsoft WindowsCLSID:...
  4. ADMIN USER NAME AND PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ADMIN USER NAME AND PASSWORD: Please help Me with this, i cant access some downloads and changes. it will always direct me into this.USER ACCOUNT CONTROLDo you want to allow this app to make changes to your device ?USER ACCOUNTS CONTROL PANELVerified publisher: Microsoft WindowsCLSID:...
  5. ADMIN USER NAME AND PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. user admin. password change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    user admin. password change: Im trying to download apps and cant and keep getting kicked off internet. I bought this from some guy at the store and am being told I cant do anything like make any changes in settings unless I know the admin. user password. I need to learn how to bypass that or just reset...
  7. Windows 10 - Change Admin Name and Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 - Change Admin Name and Password: I am aware of all the links and even Windows built-in procedure for doing this, but I am looking for a member who has actually done this, to tell me how it works and is it safe enough to prevent a lockout. 166998
  8. password for admin user not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    password for admin user not working: I cannot sign-in to my administrative user account. my password does not work. help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-for-admin-user-not-working/d189dfbd-33cc-4f5c-9be7-a74baa2c84e6
  9. change admin password?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    change admin password?: I am trying to download everything I need so I can begin to work from home on Monday. It will not allow me to proceed unless I have my admin password to approve the downloads. I very rarely use this computer, so I have no idea what it is. I tried my go to passwords but...
  10. How can Admin change another User’s password in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How can Admin change another User’s password in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [IMG]In a multi-user environment, it’s not surprising if other users ask the administrator of the computer to change their password. They could have forgotten, or the account is locked or anything else. In this post, we will share how, as [...] This post How can...