Windows 10: Change PC Screen in Project to another monitor

Discus and support Change PC Screen in Project to another monitor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all! First time posting here. I have a bit of a problem and I need help figuring this out. So, when I go to Project to either extend, duplicate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by icurehangovers, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Change PC Screen in Project to another monitor

Hi all!

First time posting here. I have a bit of a problem and I need help figuring this out. So, when I go to Project to either extend, duplicate or change screens, if I click PC screen (top option), Windows automatically switches to my "other" display.

This all started today when I installed a new graphics card. Before, if I was extending my screens, when I clicked PC Screen under Project, I would get my "main" monitor. After the install, Windows now calls my "other" monitor the "PC Screen" and my "main" as the "Second Screen".

I have tried just about everything I can think of. I have gone to Windows settings and made my "main" monitor the primary display. I used the Nvidia Control Panel to make my "main" monitor the primary display. Windows even has the "main" numbered as 1 and the "other" as 2. In settings, under display, on the dropdown where you choose extend, duplicate, show only on 1, or show only on 2, if I choose 1, it gives me my "main" display. Even BIOS knows that my "main" is the primary monitor. When I full shutdown or restart, BIOS shows up on my "main". Then, Windows switches to the "other" as it loads up. It will show up on my "main" only if I left Windows on "Second Screen" before shutdown or restart. I tried full shutdown, then disconnecting the "other" monitor, powering on then connecting the "other" back once I was at the desktop and it still moved over to the other monitor.

My PC specs are as follows:
    Lenovo ideacentre 71025ISH 90FB
    Windows 10 Home 1703
    Intel core i5 6400
    8 GB of ram
    Nvidia GeForce GT 1030

My "main" monitor is an Asus connected through HDMI.
    My "other" monitor is a Dell connected through DVI.

I just installed the most recent driver for my graphics card today in a clean install. If you need exact model numbers, I can add them when I get home.

I just want to make PC Screen under project to switch to my "main" monitor. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

icurehangovers, Sep 30, 2017

2. On 'Extend displays' screens are identifying as the wrong way round in Windows 10

Trying to connect with a projector to use 'Open LP', which only works on 'Extend displays', however the projected screen is identifying as screen 1 which means that what I need to see on the projected screen actually appears on the pc monitor. How do I
    change this round so that screen 1 is the pc monitor and screen 2 is the projected screen?

BeckyBreckels, Sep 30, 2017
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Change monitor 2 to monitor 1 and make it stay.

Thank you for the update. Kindly press
    Windows key + P
    and check if your monitor is projecting the
    Extend
    and not the
    PC screen only. If it
    is projecting
    PC screen only, kindly change it to
    Extend.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 30, 2017
Thema:

Change PC Screen in Project to another monitor

1. Change PC Screen in Project to another monitor - Similar Threads - Change Screen Project

2. "Your PC can't project to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or changing the video...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your PC can't project to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or changing the video...: I can't project my computer Lenovo ThinkPad to a screen as when I press windows+p it says "Your PC can't project to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or changing the video card." Please help me to fix this as I'm a presenter who needs to use my computer to present!...
  3. "Your PC can't project to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or changing the video...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Your PC can't project to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or changing the video...: I can't project my computer Lenovo ThinkPad to a screen as when I press windows+p it says "Your PC can't project to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or changing the video card." Please help me to fix this as I'm a presenter who needs to use my computer to present!...
  4. Not able to Project Another screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to Project Another screen: my laptop will not project to my tv screen/ another PC screen any more and it did before I use a HDMI cord. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-project-another-screen/25c4bc7b-88bd-4e04-9a09-93a8542b5af5
  5. Not able to Project Another screen

Not able to Project Another screen: my laptop will not project to my tv screen/ another PC screen any more and it did before I use a HDMI cord. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-project-another-screen/25c4bc7b-88bd-4e04-9a09-93a8542b5af5
  6. Not able to Project Another screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. your PC can't project to another screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    your PC can't project to another screen.: it wass happen when last update windows 10. And i has been try update driver and re-install, but still not working. can u help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-pc-cant-project-to-another-screen/f6ee88e4-92ce-447e-8b25-5cddea612c70
  8. your PC can't project to another screen.

your PC can't project to another screen.: it wass happen when last update windows 10. And i has been try update driver and re-install, but still not working. can u help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-pc-cant-project-to-another-screen/f6ee88e4-92ce-447e-8b25-5cddea612c70
  9. PC Projection into external monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Projection into external monitor.: Hi all, I'm using Dell Latitude 5420 Windows 10 2022. Right from Monday28/Nov/22 morning or late Sunday evening, I'm not able to use my external monitor which is AOC 1620Wb monitor. Not sure, if it's because of the monitor driver or the graphics driver I updated. Even the...
  10. PC Projection into external monitor.

PC Projection into external monitor.: Hi all, I'm using Dell Latitude 5420 Windows 10 2022. Right from Monday28/Nov/22 morning or late Sunday evening, I'm not able to use my external monitor which is AOC 1620Wb monitor. Not sure, if it's because of the monitor driver or the graphics driver I updated. Even the...