Windows 10: Change Picture Password for your Account in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Picture Password for your Account in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Picture Password for your Account in Windows 10 How to Change Picture Password for your Account in Windows 10 [img] Information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by alkaufmann, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Change Picture Password for your Account in Windows 10

How to: Change Picture Password for your Account in Windows 10

How to Change Picture Password for your Account in Windows 10

Change Picture Password for your Account in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information You can sign in to your PC with a picture password. You choose the picture and the three gestures you use with it to create a password that's uniquely yours. When you have chose a picture, you "draw" with the mouse, touchpad, or pin/finger on a touchscreen to create a combination of circles, straight lines, and taps. The size, position, and direction of your gestures become part of your picture password.

When you change your picture password, you can keep your current picture and change your gestures, or choose a new picture.

This tutorial will show you how to change the picture password for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Picture password on Sign-in screen

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.

2. Click/tap on Sign-in options on the left side, and click/tap on the Change button under Picture password on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. Enter your account's password to verify it's you, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

4. Do step 5 (current picture) or step 6 (new picture) below for what you want to do.

5. To Change Picture Password using Current Picture
    A) Click/tap on Use this picture on the left side, and go to step 7. (see screenshot below)

6. To Change Picture Password using New Picture
    A) Click/tap on Choose new picture on the left side. (see screenshot below)

B) Navigate to and select the picture file you want to use, and click/tap on Open. (see screenshot below)

C) Drag your picture to position it the way you want, click/tap on Use this picture when finished, and go to step 7. (see screenshot below)

Note If you want to use a different picture, then click/tap on Choose new picture and repeat step 6B above until you have a picture you want to use.

7. Draw the first gesture on your picture. (see screenshot below)

Note You can use any combination of circles, straight lines, and taps.

If you make a mistake, then you can click/tap on Start over to return to step 7.

8. Draw the second gesture on your picture. (see screenshot below)

If you make a mistake, then you can click/tap on Start over to return to step 7.

9. Draw the third gesture on your picture. (see screenshot below)

10. You will now need to repeat steps 7 to 9 above to draw the same three gestures again to confirm them. (see screenshot below)

11. If successful, click/tap on Finish. (see screenshot below)

12. You can now close Settings if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

alkaufmann, Aug 28, 2016
  2. Kinbote Win User

Windows 10 - How do you see other accounts in the login screen when in picture password mode?

This is really annoying. Since I upgraded to Windows 10, selecting the right user in picture password mode has become very complicated.

In Windows 8, all my children had to do was click on the left arrow to bring them back to the account selection page, click their picture and then enter their picture password sequence. Everything was intuitive.

Now with Windows 10, it seems you have to

1- change the "sign-in option" for the account user to "text" (my children don't read yet so it's a bit awkward)

2- Select your account picture on the list

3- Switch back to picture password mode

4- Finally enter you picture password sequence.

Is there an option to directly see the list of accounts in picture password mode?

Why hide the account list in this mode?

Kinbote, Aug 28, 2016
  3. Admin account password not working

I am on a msi cx61 that was originally windows 8 but I upgraded to windows 10 a while back. After an update to windows 10 recently I became unable to use the taskbar. I troubleshooted that for a while but ended up deciding to just make a new user account
    to side step it.

This was successful but the new user account was not an admin account. I then could not log back into my original account which had a picture password only and got the message "your picture password enrollment contains an old password. Please sign in with
    your new password". That account did not have a text password, only the picture.

I now can't recover the files and pictures on the old account and have tried various methods but all resetting or changing of account settings requires admin access. Is there a way to reset my admin password or re-install windows (while keeping my files)
    without admin access.

Thank you for your help!

Steven_C68, Aug 28, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Picture Password for your Account in Windows 10

Brink, Aug 28, 2016
Thema:

Change Picture Password for your Account in Windows 10

1. Change Picture Password for your Account in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Picture Password

2. Changing Password to Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Password to Account in Windows 10: Dear Community, Thanking you in advance for any replies. I have a laptop, that runs Windows 10. When I bought this laptop, I had an e-mail address in Yahoo. When the laptop asked me for my e-mail address, I entered the Yahoo one. Now, I have a Microsoft address....
  3. Change picture password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change picture password: I want to change my picture password back to a pin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-picture-password/3125d7d1-0f8b-4b06-bd05-7bafa44cb59e
  4. Easy Guide: How to Change Your User Account Profile Picture in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Easy Guide: How to Change Your User Account Profile Picture in Windows 10: In Windows 10, you can change or update your user profile picture. In this guide, we show you how. Easy Guides are intended to make it easy for users to follow instructions regarding basic tasks in Windows 10. Guides are a single info-graphic that you can follow from...
  5. "there is a problem with your account(most likely your password is changed)"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "there is a problem with your account(most likely your password is changed)": I get the subject alert in windows 10. If I click on the alert, I am prompted to enter my password. The question is....Can windows alerts be hacked, exposing my password to the hacker. ?...
  6. Change Default Account Picture in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Account Picture in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Account Picture in Windows 10 How to Change Default Account Picture in Windows 10 [img] Information When changes their account picture or when their Microsoft account picture syncs. This tutorial will show you how to change the default...
  7. Change Account Picture in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Account Picture in Windows 10: How to: Change Account Picture in Windows 10 How to Change Your Account Picture in Windows 10 Your picture is associated with your user account in Windows 10, so youll see it whenever you sign in to your PC and on Start. You can use one of your own favorite photos...
  8. Change Account Password in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Account Password in Windows 10: How to: Change Account Password in Windows 10 How to Change Password of Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10 If you have a local account on the PC, then your Windows password is what you use to sign in to your user account in Windows on the PC. If you...
  9. Remove Picture Password from your Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Picture Password from your Account in Windows 10: How to: Remove Picture Password from your Account in Windows 10 How to Remove a Picture Password from your Account in Windows 10 [img] Information You can sign in to your PC with a picture password. You choose the picture and the three gestures you use with it to...
  10. Add Picture Password to your Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Picture Password to your Account in Windows 10: How to: Add Picture Password to your Account in Windows 10 How to Add a Picture Password to your Account in Windows 10 [img] Information You can sign in to your PC with a picture password. You choose the picture and the three gestures you use with it to create a...