Change Power Settings based on Open Programs

Discus and support Change Power Settings based on Open Programs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey gusy, I have windows 10 and am wondering if i can change power settings. Such as if i have my NAS software open, not to go to sleep. Or if i hvae... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by morinr, Aug 7, 2018.

1. morinr Win User

Hey gusy,

I have windows 10 and am wondering if i can change power settings. Such as if i have my NAS software open, not to go to sleep. Or if i hvae google chrome open not to go to sleep, however if these are not open to go to sleep after 1 hour.

Thank you,

:)

morinr, Aug 7, 2018
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Can't Change Power Settings

Thank you for the quick response. We will now move to the second phase of troubleshooting. We suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. Here's how:

• In the search box, type troubleshooting, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

Method 2: Customize Power options.

If issue persists, the the following steps and check.

• In the search box, type Power options, and then click.
    • Click on choose when to turn off display from the left pane.
    • Click on Restore default settings for this plan.
    • Click on Change advance power settings.
    • Scroll down and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Expand Power button actions.
    • Click on the Setting and set it to Shut down.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Aug 7, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Arvind Ram Win User

Change How Folders Open By Default (My laptop keeps using CMD)

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I suggest you to set File Explorer as the Default program and check if that helps. To do this, refer the steps given below.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Look for File Explorer towards the left pane and select it.
    • Set this as default program and apply changes.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Change Power Settings based on Open Programs - Similar Threads - Change Power Settings

2. Why won't Chrome open for me?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why won't Chrome open for me?: All of a sudden this afternoon Chrome will not open for me. I need to save all the bookmarks since I use my home computer for my job. Is this a known problem? What do I do? I've used Chrome on this computer for several years with no problem....
  3. available networks in Windows 10 not opening, just flashes and disappears

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    available networks in Windows 10 not opening, just flashes and disappears: My SSID has changed because I installed a new modem yesterday, and am not using the old router. I started our older laptop today to get it connected to the new SSID, but it won't show available networks. When I click on show available networks, something flashes on the...
  4. Microsoft Sudoku set of games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Sudoku set of games: when the ads start to appear on the sudoku set of games the games freeze and are unplayable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/microsoft-sudoku-set-of-games/ad65c3a1-1133-4fba-b192-ad6eda5c4aa0
  5. Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10: Today, I upgraded a Windows 8 system to Windows 10 Home. All seemed to work well. NOW however, Word 2007 cannot open a .DOCM file that has an embedded Excel spreadsheet object (.XLS). I've never seen such a thing before and I'm lost. There's a bunch of chatter about Security...
  6. Reset Factory Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset Factory Settings: I have a Primebook that I want to reset to factory settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/reset-factory-settings/86bcef12-4312-4d02-ac62-ba0aeadc413e
  7. Windows 10 updates and static DHCP changing to automatic

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updates and static DHCP changing to automatic: My company is using Windows 10 workstations for print servers and are constantly receiving Windows 10 updates. We are finding that after remotely or in person, logging into the workstation as Administrator, Windows 10 Enterprise will start doing an update. In some cases we...
  8. Getting a M2IzYzlm.exe in task manager and a folder with random name in Program Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting a M2IzYzlm.exe in task manager and a folder with random name in Program Files: Getting a M2IzYzlm.exe in task manager, It pops up after a certain interval of time and switches off my wifi, when I right clicked and tried to locate it, it shows a folder with a weird name inside the Program Files. Scanned the laptop with Rogue Killer, Defender and MBAM,...
  9. There is no email program associated to perform the requested action

There is no email program associated to perform the requested action: Lenovo 81CX laptop running Windows 10 Home v10.0.17134 Build 17134: I do NOT use any Microsoft email. I am using Thunderbird v52.9.1. I selected this as my Default Email App. I get this: [ATTACH] Fixes have been posted for several years. I've tried these fixes and...
  10. How can I set Custom Paper as Default Paper SIze in windows 10

How can I set Custom Paper as Default Paper SIze in windows 10: I have POS printer installed in my system. I defined a Custom Receipt Paper size in Printer server properties, which is not listing in my printers paper size and the same i need to set it as my default paper Moved from: Apps on Windows 10 / Other Windows apps / Social...