Windows 10: Change Power Settings based on Open Programs

Discus and support Change Power Settings based on Open Programs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey gusy, I have windows 10 and am wondering if i can change power settings. Such as if i have my NAS software open, not to go to sleep. Or if i hvae... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by morinr, Aug 7, 2018.

1. morinr Win User

Change Power Settings based on Open Programs

Hey gusy,

I have windows 10 and am wondering if i can change power settings. Such as if i have my NAS software open, not to go to sleep. Or if i hvae google chrome open not to go to sleep, however if these are not open to go to sleep after 1 hour.

Thank you,

:)

morinr, Aug 7, 2018
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Can't Change Power Settings

Thank you for the quick response. We will now move to the second phase of troubleshooting. We suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. Here's how:

• In the search box, type troubleshooting, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

Method 2: Customize Power options.

If issue persists, the the following steps and check.

• In the search box, type Power options, and then click.
    • Click on choose when to turn off display from the left pane.
    • Click on Restore default settings for this plan.
    • Click on Change advance power settings.
    • Scroll down and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Expand Power button actions.
    • Click on the Setting and set it to Shut down.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Aug 7, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Change Power Settings based on Open Programs

Change How Folders Open By Default (My laptop keeps using CMD)

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I suggest you to set File Explorer as the Default program and check if that helps. To do this, refer the steps given below.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Look for File Explorer towards the left pane and select it.
    • Set this as default program and apply changes.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Change Power Settings based on Open Programs

1. Change Power Settings based on Open Programs - Similar Threads - Change Power Settings

2. How to change the power settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to change the power settings: Hi I have W10 Pro on an ASUS VivobooxX405 I changed by Power Settings to Balanced because I was operating on battery and did not want my laptop to fail while I was working. The screen lost brightness but it was okay. Now I want to revert to high performance but cannot see the...
  3. How to change the power settings

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change the power settings: Hi I have W10 Pro on an ASUS VivobooxX405 I changed by Power Settings to Balanced because I was operating on battery and did not want my laptop to fail while I was working. The screen lost brightness but it was okay. Now I want to revert to high performance but cannot see the...
  4. unable to change default program based on file type

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to change default program based on file type: i tried to open a file and it popped up the thing to select a default program for that file type, but chose the wrong program. if i go into my settings to try to change the default it no longer lets me choose any program other than the one i already chose or something from...
  5. Power settings automatically changing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power settings automatically changing: I hope someone out there can help me please - As for a few months now, Windows 10 build 19042.685 keeps changing the sleep setting to 2 hours, I have it set to never, as I could have background processes happening and I don't want to watch it so I let t go unsupervised, and...
  6. uninstall or change a program is not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    uninstall or change a program is not opening: I'm trying to open " uninstall or change a program " through the quick access ribbon in 'This PC ' but its not working. plz help! i'm sharing a video link of that problem, i had record it. here is the link : https://youtu.be/_DB4_0pR10I...
  7. "Error opening Help in Windows-based programs"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Error opening Help in Windows-based programs": I use Corel Draw on my Windows 10 PC. Yesterday it worked fine, but today, every time I open the program or click a toolbar icon, a Microsoft Support window opens, with the message "Error opening Help in Windows-based programs: "Feature not included" or "Help not supported"...
  8. User settings changed and programs not opening in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    User settings changed and programs not opening in Windows 10: My Windows 10 laptop was working perfectly when I shutdown yesterday and when I booted up today all taskbar icons are missing and certain programs do not initialise on startup or cannot be opened because files are missing or paths do not exist. I have done restores using...
  9. Change PC Settings Based on Location

in Windows 10 Support
    Change PC Settings Based on Location: I'm curious if it is possible to change Windows settings based on my laptop's location. What I would like is a few settings (GPOs) to change based on whether I am at home vs anywhere else. I'm guessing that detecting the wireless/wired network I'm connected to, or looking...
  10. Power settings mysteriously changed.

in Windows 10 Support
    Power settings mysteriously changed.: Just had a windows update yesterday, not sure if the events are connected but turn off display went from my setting of 30 minutes to 10 minutes and sleep never went to 30 minutes. These I believe are the defaults. Did this happen to anyone else after yesterdays update?...