Windows 10: Change primary Email on Windows

Discus and support Change primary Email on Windows in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I set up my PC with one email, and I would like to change it to another but I do not know how. When I go into "Email and accounts" in settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Alexander Højsgaard, Mar 2, 2024.

1. Change primary Email on Windows

Hello,I set up my PC with one email, and I would like to change it to another but I do not know how. When I go into "Email and accounts" in settings and scroll down to accounts used by other apps, I am unable to remove the email address. It just says manage rather than remove.

:)

Alexander Højsgaard, Mar 2, 2024
  2. LoganB123 Win User

Can't change primary email.

I added a new email to my alias list and verified it and i keep changing it to the primary alias and it is doing nothing.

LoganB123, Mar 2, 2024
  3. hamish pc Win User
    Change the primary account email on my Surface Book 2

Hi,

I have changed my email associated with Microsoft account (by creating a new profile) and can't find a way to replace the now obselete email showing in my primary profile, or removing this primary profile completely to be replaced by the new profile/email. The only solution suggested on Mircosoft Community is to sign in with a local account instead (under Account Settings on my laptop). I'm relunctant to do this due to the backup of the recovery key associated with the microsoft account and potential issues accessing my computer files with the secondary email only. So complicated to change a profile email address. So many hours wasted searching...

Please can anyone provide a simple step by step solution?

*** Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Settings ***

hamish pc, Mar 2, 2024
  4. Change primary Email on Windows

Change primary alias

Hello,

Thank you for your reply,

As per description, when you click to change the primary on nothing happens.

Have you tried to perform the troubleshooting steps provided under section
    Change which alias is primary
    ?

If you have not performed the troubleshooting steps I would suggest you perform steps under
    Change which alias is primary , from my previous post. Which are as follow.

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset
    parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows.

Ashish Sondhi, Mar 2, 2024
Thema:

Change primary Email on Windows

1. Change primary Email on Windows - Similar Threads - Change primary Email

2. Primary Email isnt Changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Primary Email isnt Changing: I changed my Primary email to my google email and removed my old yahoo email but my old yahoo email is still being use to verify my microsoft account and is still showing as [log in as *******@yahoo.com]....
  3. Primary Email isnt Changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Primary Email isnt Changing: I changed my Primary email to my google email and removed my old yahoo email but my old yahoo email is still being use to verify my microsoft account and is still showing as [log in as *******@yahoo.com]....
  4. Change primary Email on Windows

Change primary Email on Windows: Hello,I set up my PC with one email, and I would like to change it to another but I do not know how. When I go into "Email and accounts" in settings and scroll down to accounts used by other apps, I am unable to remove the email address. It just says manage rather than...
  5. Changing email address for primary account holder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing email address for primary account holder: I am trying to change my email address for Admin account holder on pc. told to add alias to account. when i do i am told that the email address has already been used. But it is not listed to choose from ... help!...
  6. Change Primary Email on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Primary Email on PC: Hello,I set up my PC with one email, and I would like to change it to another but I do not know how. When I go into "Email and accounts" in settings and scroll down to accounts used by other apps, I am unable to remove the email address. It just says manage rather than...
  7. Change Primary Email on PC

Change Primary Email on PC: Hello,I set up my PC with one email, and I would like to change it to another but I do not know how. When I go into "Email and accounts" in settings and scroll down to accounts used by other apps, I am unable to remove the email address. It just says manage rather than...
  8. Change Primary Email on PC

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Changing primary email account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing primary email account.: In short.I recently got a new SSD and HDD and reinstalled Windows. When I turned on my computer I input the wrong email to connect to the Desktop and settings I had originally on my previous HDD. I was able to add it to the account but now there is two J.D.Brown5's and I only...
  10. Changing the Primary Account Email in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing the Primary Account Email in Windows 10: My wife purchased a new laptop and when first setting it up entered my Hotmail address. Now everything on her computer links to my accounts. We created a primary alias account for her Gmail address but stuff still is linking to my Hotmail address. How do we totally...