Windows 10: Change Profile Dir in Answer File cause Start Menu in two languages

Discus and support Change Profile Dir in Answer File cause Start Menu in two languages in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I have Windows 10 Anniversary Edition 1607 ISO Spanish from MSDN. I have an answer file with ProfilesDir=D:\USERS. It worked in Windows Vista,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gonzametal, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Change Profile Dir in Answer File cause Start Menu in two languages

Hi. I have Windows 10 Anniversary Edition 1607 ISO Spanish from MSDN. I have an answer file with ProfilesDir=D:\USERS. It worked in Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (1511). But with this release, the start menu shows some icons/folders in spanish and other in english.
    I tested another answer file without this modificaction (standard profiles dir in c:\users) and the start menu shows completely in spanish.
    I will try to upload a screen capture where you can see folders, and icons in this two different languages.
    Can you help me to get all the start menu in spanish again?

:)

gonzametal, Aug 8, 2016
  2. Rohn007 Win User

print directory list

You can't print one directly from Explorer as far as I know.

You can set it up in a CMD window

In start menu search for CMD

Press Enter

change diretory to the location you want to get the list.

DIR will list the directly

DIR /B will strip "header" info

Dir > directorylist.txt sends the output to the file directorylist.txt

You can now open the file in Word to print it.

Rohn007, Aug 8, 2016
  3. Lukas E Win User
    Changed system language - Start menu not opening system apps anymore

Hi Jairit,

thank you for your answer. I did some steps of the support article (sorry, creating a different account is not possible as it is a domain account) and ran the System File Checker - no issues found. Note that this is a clean installation of Windows 10 v1607
    that is only some days old. I have found other questions on exactly the same problem,

however none of these questions came to a working solution other an reinstalling the OS:

Windows 10 Start Menu, apps and store displaying in Spanish while OS is English. How can I fix?

Changing display language in Windows 10 creates mashup of two languages

Windows 10 modern-ui apps wrong language

After changing system language in windows 10, search shortcuts in start menu stopped working

https://superuser.com/questions/1115948/windows-10-start-menu-settings-items-after-language-change

There seems to be a problem in Windows 10 with changing the languages - I did the same on my Windows 8.1 and the settings apps in the start menu would be displayed in English without any issues. I even tried removing all languages from the system other than
    English, deleting all keyboard layouts other than English and setting my location to United States. I then rebooted the PC and afterwards rebuilt the Search Index - still the start menu entries for the different settings are in German and not clickable.

Lukas E, Aug 8, 2016
  4. Change Profile Dir in Answer File cause Start Menu in two languages

Tested the 3 tutorials in this page (for moving the profile) and same problems.
    If I install in the default profile location, the start menu is OK, but if a move the profile location later, same problem.
    It seems like items located in programdata are translated to spanish, and things located in the moved profile (drive D) are not translated (they are in english, as you can see in the attached picture)

gonzametal, Aug 9, 2016
Thema:

Change Profile Dir in Answer File cause Start Menu in two languages

1. Change Profile Dir in Answer File cause Start Menu in two languages - Similar Threads - Change Profile Dir

2. Start Menu Changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Changed: How do I get out of this windows 10 start menu? It's on the left of the screen and the desktop image is muted. I have the windows 7 classic shell but it doesn't work like before I updated windows. [ATTACH]...
  3. Opening Excel file causes DIR to disappear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening Excel file causes DIR to disappear: After the last few rounds of Windows 10 Updates we are having users experiencing strange permission issues and DIR/Files disappearing and reappearing Example: I map network drives using a login script Our fileserver is Sever 2012 Our user systems are Win10 Users login...
  4. start menu language change

start menu language change: Hello, I just bought a new laptop from korea where i live but would like it all in english. I have managed to get nearly everything switched over but the start menu still has features on korean and so does the welcome screen before i sign into the computer. Just...
  5. Start Menu Language Won't Change

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Language Won't Change: Hi y'all I recently decided to change my entire PC display language to English, since I'm not a native it's good for practicing purposes, as well as for getting support online (most guides and tutorials are in English). I changed the display language in the Settings,...
  6. Russian language in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Russian language in start menu: I have started noticing Russian language in my start menu and in some windows applications (eg Calculator and Photo previewer). [img] I do have Russian language installed but its not default and I want my menu to be English. I'm sure this is an easy fix, but if someone can...
  7. Profile picture, Start Menu and Renaming files

Profile picture, Start Menu and Renaming files: Hello! I am having a little trouble with my computer, my start menu does not work, it only comes up but i can't do anything. I can´t change my profile picture on my computer and when i trie to rename my files a popup window comes up saying ''Can´t find the scecified file''....
  8. Can't Change Start Menu Language

Can't Change Start Menu Language: I changed the language. But still can't change some parts of the start menu. [ATTACH] As you can see, I wrote "language" to the search bar and the result is in "Turkish" (previous language). And also I can't open anything by click on them. So I want them "English" too....
  9. Language in Start menu program list

Language in Start menu program list: Why does "Microsfoft office Hulpprogramma's" appear in Nederland in my start menu program list when my system language is English. All other start menu programs are shown in English....
  10. Default Profile (CopyTo) Breaks Start Menu

Default Profile (CopyTo) Breaks Start Menu: Hi all, I do image maintenance for my team, and have been using the default profile (copyto) practice since Windows 7. I copied my image user profile to the default and set the permissions as I always do. I cleaned up the reg hive as I always have done, and recreated my...