Windows 10: Change Send to Bluetooth Device Icon in Windows

Discus and support Change Send to Bluetooth Device Icon in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Send to Bluetooth Device Icon in Windows How to Change Send to Bluetooth Device Icon in Windows The drives. This tutorial will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Hatteduser, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Change Send to Bluetooth Device Icon in Windows

How to: Change Send to Bluetooth Device Icon in Windows

How to Change Send to Bluetooth Device Icon in Windows

The drives.

This tutorial will show you how to change the icon for the Send to > Bluetooth device context menu item to any icon for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Send to > Bluetooth device default icon

Change Send to Bluetooth Device Icon in Windows [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open File Explorer (Win+E).

2. Type shell:sendto into the address bar of File Explorer, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)

3. Right click or press and hold on the Bluetooth device shortcut, and click/tap on Properties. (see screenshot below)

4. In the Shortcut tab, click/tap on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)

5. Follow the steps below to select an icon: (see screenshots below)

*note The %SystemRoot\System32\shell32.dll and %SystemRoot\System32\imageres.dll files contain most of Windows default icons.
    • Click/tap on the Browse button.
    • Navigate to and select the icon library (ex: .dll) or .ico file you want to use, and click/tap on Open.
    • Select the icon you want to use, and click/tap on OK.

6. Click/tap on OK to apply. (see screenshot below)

7. You can now close File Explorer if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Hatteduser, Aug 20, 2015

2. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Oct 27, 2019
  3. HojabrA Win User
    I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

1. I have no bluetooth devices in devices manager.
    2,3,4. they all turned off before.

reboot or shutdown doesn't solved it.
    i have USB wireless Mouse/Keyborad. i plug it out and use PS/2 but nothing.
    i used DISM to repair image.

i tried everything but its not make any changes and windows still showing Bluetooth turned on.
    a few days ago it was not even showing Bluetooth in Action Center but i don't understand what happened, no devices added or changed in my PC, no software Installed or Uninstalled, not a single Settings Changed in Windows or BIOS!!!

HojabrA, Oct 27, 2019
  4. malware Win User

Change Send to Bluetooth Device Icon in Windows

Bluetooth Technology Gets Faster With Bluetooth 3.0

From its annual All Hands Meeting in Tokyo this week, the Bluetooth SIG formally adopted Bluetooth Core Specification Version 3.0 + High Speed (HS), or Bluetooth 3.0. This latest iteration of the popular short-range wireless technology fulfills the consumers' need for speed while providing the same wireless Bluetooth experience – faster. Manufacturers of consumer electronics and home entertainment devices can now build their products to send large amounts of video, music and photos between devices wirelessly at speeds consumers expect.
    Bluetooth 3.0 gets its speed from the 802.11 radio protocol. The inclusion of the 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL) provides increased throughput of data transfers at the approximate rate of 24 Mbps. In addition, mobile devices including Bluetooth 3.0 + HS will realize increased power savings due to enhanced power control built in.

"Like Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights, this latest version was 'born to go fast,' said Mike's Blog, Ph.D., executive director of the Bluetooth SIG. "Utilizing the 802.11 radio was a natural choice as it provides efficiencies for both our members and consumers – members get more function out of the two radios they are already including in devices, and consumers with Bluetooth 3.0 + HS products will get faster exchange of information without changing how they connect. We are excited to expand the possibilities of the PAN."

This newest version of Bluetooth technology builds on the inherent qualities of the current 2.1 + EDR version, including Simple Secure Pairing and built-in, automatic security. And as with all versions of theBluetooth specification, v3.0 + HS provides developers, manufacturers and consumers with the benefit of backwards compatibility, enabling both the expansion and enhancement of this technology with every new specification release. Once products reach the market, the easiest way for consumers to learn which devices are compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices is to visit the Bluetooth Gadget Guide.

Applications
    With the availability of Bluetooth version 3.0 + HS, consumers can expect to move large data files of videos, music and photos between their own devices and the trusted devices of others, without the need for cables and wires. Some applications consumers will experience include:
    • Wirelessly bulk synchronize music libraries between PC and music player or phone
    • Bulk download photos to a printer or PC
    • Send video files from camera or phone to computer or television
    Availability

The Bluetooth SIG's formal adoption of the specification is only the first step in the product lifecycle. News out today from wireless chip manufacturers and Bluetooth SIG member companies Atheros, Broadcom and CSR shows the second step – getting silicon solutions to device manufacturers – is already underway. End products for consumers are expected to be in the market in 9 to 12 months.

Technical Specifications
    This new specification release includes several major enhancements (learn more here - page requires member login):
    • Generic Alternate MAC/PHY (AMP)
    • 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL)
    • Generic Test Methodology
    • Enhanced Power Control
    • Unicast Connectionless Data
    Source: Engadget

malware, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Arun B J Win User
    Bluetooth Driver Disappears from Device Manager and Settings/Devices

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Drive. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

You may follow the steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue, as the device might be hidden.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Click on View.
    • Click on Show Hidden Devices.
    • Search for the Bluetooth device.
    • Right click on the Bluetooth device and click
      uninstall.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Bluetooth

Hi,

• What is the make/model of the computer?
    • Has Bluetooth been setup on the computer?
    Follow the steps provided below:

• Add your BT device through the System Settings -> Devices menu and make sure it is paired.
    • On your Desktop window, click the Bluetooth icon in the notification area
    • Select "Send a file".
    • Select the device you want to send to and click next
    • Browse for the file you want to send; click open, then click next.
    • Click Finish after send is complete.

Vinod Archak, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Change Send to Bluetooth Device Icon in Windows

1. Change Send to Bluetooth Device Icon in Windows - Similar Threads - Change Send Bluetooth

2. Icon in Bluetooth & other devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Icon in Bluetooth & other devices: What is the meaning of this icon. It under the name of my receiver that's connected via hdmi. I'm just interested in what this icon means. But can't find anything about it online....
  3. Icon in Bluetooth & other devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon in Bluetooth & other devices: What is the meaning of this icon. It under the name of my receiver that's connected via hdmi. I'm just interested in what this icon means. But can't find anything about it online....
  4. Icon in Bluetooth & other devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change Device Icons with Custom Icons - Devices & Printers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Device Icons with Custom Icons - Devices & Printers: Hi All, Wondering if you can offer me some pointers here...... Brink put together an excellent tutorial on this process for Windows 7 (http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...tom-icons.html) and with some adaption for the revisions to the Metadata Authoring Wizard...
  6. Change Send to Fax Recipient Icon in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Send to Fax Recipient Icon in Windows: How to: Change Send to Fax Recipient Icon in Windows How to Change Send to Fax Recipient Icon in Windows The drives. This tutorial will show you how to change the icon for the Send to > Fax recipient context menu item to any icon for your account in Windows 7,...
  7. Change Send to Documents Icon in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Send to Documents Icon in Windows: How to: Change Send to Documents Icon in Windows How to Change Send to Documents Icon in Windows The drives. In Windows 10, the Send to > Documents context menu will send a copy of the item to your default save location in your Documents library. This tutorial...
  8. Change Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder Icon in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder Icon in Windows: How to: Change Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder Icon in Windows How to Change Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder Icon in Windows The drives. Compressed (zipped) files and/or folders take up less storage space and can be transferred to other computers more quickly...
  9. Change Send to Mail Recipient Icon in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Send to Mail Recipient Icon in Windows: How to: Change Send to Mail Recipient Icon in Windows How to Change Send to Mail Recipient Icon in Windows The drives. This tutorial will show you how to change the icon for the Send to > Mail recipient context menu item to any icon for your account or all users in...
  10. Change Send to Desktop (create shortcut) Icon in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Send to Desktop (create shortcut) Icon in Windows: How to: Change Send to Desktop (create shortcut) Icon in Windows How to Change Send to Desktop (create shortcut) Icon in Windows The drives. This tutorial will show you how to change the icon for the Send to > Desktop (create shortcut) context menu item to any icon...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot