Windows 10: Change Send to Documents Icon in Windows

Discus and support Change Send to Documents Icon in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Send to Documents Icon in Windows How to Change Send to Documents Icon in Windows The drives. In Windows 10, the Send to >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by angelgabbby, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Change Send to Documents Icon in Windows

How to: Change Send to Documents Icon in Windows

How to Change Send to Documents Icon in Windows

The drives.

In Windows 10, the Send to > Documents context menu will send a copy of the item to your default save location in your Documents library.

This tutorial will show you how to change the icon for the Send to > Documents context menu item to any icon for your account or all users in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Change Send to > Documents Icon for Current User
    • Option Two: Change Send to > Documents Icon for All Users

EXAMPLE: Send to > Documents default icon

Change Send to Documents Icon in Windows [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Change Send to > Documents Icon for Current User

*note This option will override Option Two.

*note This option will only be applied to the current user, and no other user account on the PC.
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type regedit into Run, and click/tap on OK to open Registry Editor.

2. Navigate to the key below in the left pane of Registry Editor. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{ECF03A32-103D-11d2-854D-006008059367}\DefaultIcon

*note If you do not have a {ECF03A32-103D-11d2-854D-006008059367} key, right click on the CLSID key, click/tap on New, click/tap on Key, type {ECF03A32-103D-11d2-854D-006008059367} for the name, and press Enter.

*note If you do not have a DefaultIcon key, right click on the {ECF03A32-103D-11d2-854D-006008059367} key, click/tap on New, click/tap on Key, type DefaultIcon for the name, and press Enter.

3. In the right pane of the DefaultIcon key, double click/tap on the (Default) string value (REG_SZ) to modify it. (see screenshot above)

4. Type the full path of the .ico file wrapped in quotes you want to use for the icon, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

*note The default icon is: %SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-1002

5. You can now close Registry Editor if you like.

6. sign in to apply.

OPTION TWO [/i] Change Send to > Documents Icon for All Users

*note You must be signed in as an administrator to do this option.

*note If any user uses Option One, it will override this option for their account.
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type regedit into Run, and click/tap on OK to open Registry Editor.

2. If you used Option One, delete the DefaultIcon key located below. (see screenshots below)
    *Arrow HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{ECF03A32-103D-11d2-854D-006008059367}\DefaultIcon

3. Navigate to the key below in the left pane of Registry Editor. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{ECF03A32-103D-11d2-854D-006008059367}\DefaultIcon

4. Change the owner of the DefaultIcon key to the Administrators group.

5. Change the permissions of the DefaultIcon key to "Allow" Administrators "Full control" of it.

6. In the right pane of the DefaultIcon key, double click/tap on the (Default) string value (REG_SZ) to modify it. (see screenshot above)

7. Type the full path of the .ico file wrapped in quotes you want to use for the icon, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

*note The .ico file will need to be saved at a location (ex: "C:\Windows" or "C:\Users\Public") that all users have access to. If it's not, the icon may show as a default folder for some users instead.

*note The default icon is: %SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-1002

8. You can now close Registry Editor if you like.

9. sign in to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

angelgabbby, Nov 21, 2015

2. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

4. psbecker Win User

Change Send to Documents Icon in Windows

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Oct 27, 2019
  5. I changed my location for 'Documents' and now Drive D has the 'Documents' icon

I've always changed the location of Documents and Downloads to my 'Data' partition. I just did a clean install of Windows 10 and changed Documents location to drive D. Usually the icon for these two folders follows and displays on drive D.

Not sure why it didn't this time, but can you tell me how I can change these 2 folder icons? I know how to change icons, but I don't see these 2 icons in the list of Windows icons.

Thx.

ckbeme102598, Oct 27, 2019
  6. MCK
    mck Win User
    Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thema:

Change Send to Documents Icon in Windows

1. Change Send to Documents Icon in Windows - Similar Threads - Change Send Documents

2. Sending documents to print

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sending documents to print: I just want to open a document with out saving. When I get an attachment, I want to preview it and send it to print. However, I am asked to save it before it will print. I don't want to save the document.Can anyone help....
  3. Documents - "Send to" Question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents - "Send to" Question: Documents – “Send to” Question I recently reinstalled Windows 10. I had a backup of my Documents folder on an external drive. In the external drive, I clicked on “Send to” Documents. What occurred was the Documents folder was listed as a separate folder in my Windows 10...
  4. Changing Web Document desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Web Document desktop icons: Is it possible to change a Web Document desktop icon from white/blank to an .ico file? I can't get it to work on my new computer running Windows 10 as it did in my old computer running Windows 7....
  5. Change Send to Fax Recipient Icon in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Send to Fax Recipient Icon in Windows: How to: Change Send to Fax Recipient Icon in Windows How to Change Send to Fax Recipient Icon in Windows The drives. This tutorial will show you how to change the icon for the Send to > Fax recipient context menu item to any icon for your account in Windows 7,...
  6. Change Send to Bluetooth Device Icon in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Send to Bluetooth Device Icon in Windows: How to: Change Send to Bluetooth Device Icon in Windows How to Change Send to Bluetooth Device Icon in Windows The drives. This tutorial will show you how to change the icon for the Send to > Bluetooth device context menu item to any icon for your account in Windows...
  7. Change Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder Icon in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder Icon in Windows: How to: Change Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder Icon in Windows How to Change Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder Icon in Windows The drives. Compressed (zipped) files and/or folders take up less storage space and can be transferred to other computers more quickly...
  8. Change Send to Mail Recipient Icon in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Send to Mail Recipient Icon in Windows: How to: Change Send to Mail Recipient Icon in Windows How to Change Send to Mail Recipient Icon in Windows The drives. This tutorial will show you how to change the icon for the Send to > Mail recipient context menu item to any icon for your account or all users in...
  9. Change Send to Desktop (create shortcut) Icon in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Send to Desktop (create shortcut) Icon in Windows: How to: Change Send to Desktop (create shortcut) Icon in Windows How to Change Send to Desktop (create shortcut) Icon in Windows The drives. This tutorial will show you how to change the icon for the Send to > Desktop (create shortcut) context menu item to any icon...
  10. Change or Restore Documents Folder Icon in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change or Restore Documents Folder Icon in Windows: How to: Change or Restore Documents Folder Icon in Windows How to Change or Restore Documents Folder Icon in Windows By default, your personal Documents folder is located in your account's %UserProfile% (ex: "C:\Users\Brink") folder. This tutorial will show you how...