Windows 10: Change settings for importing pictures and videos

Discus and support Change settings for importing pictures and videos in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I connect an iPhone to my Win10 PC it's importing my photos to a location where I don't want them to go. How do I change this setting?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Carnivore, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Carnivore Win User

Change settings for importing pictures and videos

When I connect an iPhone to my Win10 PC it's importing my photos to a location where I don't want them to go.

How do I change this setting?

It's frustratingly non-intuitive, and even the official Microsoft How-To page doesn't explain it in an understandable way. Help.

:)

Carnivore, Aug 28, 2015
  2. Jessen P Win User

Importing photos from a CF card off of a camera

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

Perform the steps mentioned below and see if it helps.

• In the AutoPlay dialog box that appears, click Import pictures and videos using Windows.

• To change the settings that are used when importing pictures and videos, click
      Import settings in the Import Pictures and Videos dialog box.

• Change one or more settings in the Import Settings dialog box, and then click
      OK.

• Click OK to restart Import Pictures and Videos. Type a tag in the
      Tag these pictures (optional) box, and then click Import to import your pictures and videos using the new settings.
    Please revert if you face any issues with Windows in future.

Jessen P, Aug 28, 2015
  3. Auto import of SD Card contents to HDD

I have experienced the same issues. I have searched until I'm blue in the face! All I want to do is import my videos that I took on my camera to my computer. I am using Windows 10, importing photos, no problem but no videos.

When I trusted Microsoft to upgrade to Windows 10 I thought you'd have the issues resolved!! HELP!!

I tried:

Change settings for importing pictures and videos:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows7/Change-settings-for-importing-pictures-and-videos

and see nothing on changing settings!

PerplexedCarol, Aug 28, 2015
  4. caperjack Win User

are you using ITunes,,, where is it putting the pictures

caperjack, Aug 28, 2015
  5. Carnivore Win User
    Not using iTunes. Using Windows to import.

They're going into a folder on my D: drive that I specified as a Photos location, because C: is a smaller SSD. But I have a separate subdirectory within that folder for iPhone photos where win7 used to put them. I'd like Win10 to do the same.

Carnivore, Aug 28, 2015
  6. caperjack Win User
    ok got it ,I connected my phone [something I don't use ] connect phone .go to file explorer and right click on the iPhone icon ,and choose import picture ,and then choose more option ,it will give you option to create a new folder where ever you like ,see picture .

caperjack, Aug 29, 2015
  7. caperjack Win User
    create a new sub folder for the photos and direct it to the new folder when you click browse in the 3rd step

caperjack, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Change settings for importing pictures and videos - Similar Threads - Change settings importing

2. Cannot import pictures or videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot import pictures or videos: Stuck on blank import screen forever.Trying to import from android pixel 4 to windows 10. This whole system of connecting phones to windows is incredibly buggy. Used to work fine in windows 7. Please assist. Phone is out of space and I cannot import pictures....
  3. Cannot import pictures or videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot import pictures or videos: Stuck on blank import screen forever.Trying to import from android pixel 4 to windows 10. This whole system of connecting phones to windows is incredibly buggy. Used to work fine in windows 7. Please assist. Phone is out of space and I cannot import pictures....
  4. Cannot import pictures or videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. importing pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    importing pictures: Is anyone having trouble importing pictures from their IPhone 11 to Windows 10? If so....have you come up with a way to do it? Please HELP If I can get any to go onto my laptop, it says file can't be opened. But mostly it won't work at all. I have 2400 pictures I really...
  6. importing pictures and videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    importing pictures and videos: I am having trouble in my windows 10 version 1909 computer importing pictures from my I-phone 11 to my pc. It begins the importing procedure but then aborts it after a few are loaded. Whats up I tried new usb to I phone connector and still having the same trouble....
  7. Import pictures settings : cannot save "delete after import" ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Import pictures settings : cannot save "delete after import" ?: Import pictures settings I cannot save "delete after import" ? for the next use? The box is never saving when I click on it Every time I import pictures I have to constantly click again on "delete after import" Why is it never saving? 148759
  8. importing pictures

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    importing pictures: I can not import pictures or video from my iPhone to my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-pictures/63146aee-9118-4a16-9430-fa2cfda5814b
  9. import pictures

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    import pictures: I have Windows 10. How to Import Pictures from my digital camera to My Pictures. Please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-pictures/5aaaa40d-dacf-4007-ab3f-e4996fa456c2
  10. tagging imported pictures/videos with windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    tagging imported pictures/videos with windows 10: Unlike the windows 7 I am not able to tag my imported pictures with either a SD card or plugging the camera/phone. I am wondering if there is something I can change in settings so I can get this convenience back? Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. picture import settings

2. how to change the settings on importing photos

3. import picture and video settings

4. change import picture settings windows 10,
  5. how to change import settings for photos,
  6. photo settings import,
  7. settings for importing pictures,
  8. settings for importing photos