Windows 10: Change settings to allow you to download updates at a later time?

Discus and support Change settings to allow you to download updates at a later time? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I use my laptop on the road a lot tethered to my phone for data. I only have so much data plan on mobile so I would like to make it just alert me up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MNorby, Aug 6, 2015.

1. MNorby Win User

Change settings to allow you to download updates at a later time?

I use my laptop on the road a lot tethered to my phone for data. I only have so much data plan on mobile so I would like to make it just alert me up updates and allow me to chose when to install them like I could in Windows 8 on this machine. I don't see an option for that now and see where they say they are automatic now.

:)

MNorby, Aug 6, 2015
  2. GHigdon58 Win User

Local isp: do not allow you to change your settings?

hello,

as far as a domain, IDK I am sure that I am but do not have that information. my sip is TDS and I know that often they have to "offload" because they have oversold their services and I do not know who, or how they utilize them-or what the schedule is for
    that. Referring to WiFi settings-stepson tried to change password and all information was totally cut off-signal went down and no access to it(although he is a Network Administrator for a huge company) I believe he knows what he is doing, trouble with cc
    cleaner-it takes forever and never finishes running-I left it one night and then next day it had still not stopped trying to clean it. This is a new computer(Bought in NOvember 2015) & it runs as if it is one that I have for years-as if it has so much data
    that it has literally years of info& it should not-I was downloading from the site for the Windows malicious software tool; and it ran once-as could not get it to work again after that.

Again CC Cleaner never stops running-this computer-it will analyze but it recently took over 2 days and it still had not cleaned everything that I had requested. The browser I was using was Mozilla computer Toshiba satellite laptop

th asks,

Glenda Higdon

GHigdon58, Aug 6, 2015
  3. GHigdon58 Win User
    Local isp: do not allow you to change your settings?

Hello,

we were wondering if there were any other consumers having issues with their isp setting which virtually do not allow you to change your settings? We have attempted to change the security to our router; & the isp totally cut our signal off. we have also
    tried other routers along with modems in an attempt to obtain some measure of security, or the best we could hope for on this wifi. Others are complaining about the same issues we have

The person attempting the change for us is an IT ADM & he literally could not believe that our signal was virtually cut of when this happened. To be fair to them, it is a local ISP & there materials are old and possibly outdated. What I mean by that
    is this: our service is affected by(especially) time of the day, bad weather, cold weather, rain, etc.

We have known there are issues for several years because our computers will pick up the other computers on the network; that we my "see". I may check my settings(keeping a written log of the time cut off, & "logout" according to my personal computer-however
    when I logon for a new date- a site-esp facebook-I check where I am "logged into" & it gives me a random list of "where I am supposedly logged in" which baffles me as I have noted the time-date

The only thing I may gather from this is-others are logging into my account; perhaps when I log out IDK. some of the IT techs have asked us to change the channel & we try but it usually "reverts back to the programmed on via ISP. Many have said they are
    using our signal as an "access point" to logon avoiding paying for the service-IDK.

I realize there are possibly "too many" services that may not be able to provide for; however we are beginning to question if there is any security at all on this system at all. We change passwords regularly, but is seems to have virtually NO effect on
    the facebook logons.

the other issue we are having at this time include the inability to download windows "malicious software removal tool, as well as trouble with cc cleaner.

we have never had an issue with a new, out of the box computer & are wondering if it is in fact the computer, or the people accessing our wifi signals

Original Title: local isp

GHigdon58, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 7, 2015
  5. MNorby Win User
    Ah, thank you. It appears according to that link that this isn't possible with Home Edition??

EDIT: I see where I can set my hotspot connection as a metered connection and that should disable it. Thank you *Smile

MNorby, Aug 7, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The first two options are not possible in the Windows 10 Home edition, but you could do option 3 or 4 if you like.

Brink, Aug 7, 2015
  7. MNorby Win User
    I just saw that and came back to confirm. Thank you kindly for the help!

MNorby, Aug 7, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Aug 7, 2015
  9. MNorby Win User
    another quick question. I set my hotspot connection as a metered connection in the admin account but when I go to my user account that metered connection is off. Should it showed it as on for the user even though it is a greyed out option?

MNorby, Aug 9, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Sure thing. *Smile

The main thing that counts is that it shows as metered in your settings. It may just not be showing in the standard user's account since it is grayed out with default settings and can't be changed by that user.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Change settings to allow you to download updates at a later time? - Similar Threads - Change settings allow

2. How do I change the setting to allow a non Microsoft App to download.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the setting to allow a non Microsoft App to download.: Trying to install a new printer, but Microsoft keeps blocking me from downloading the installation. Instructions to correct are Start-Settings-Apps-Apps&Features-Installing Apps. The Apps&Features is not an option. how do I change the setting to allow for downloads outside of...
  3. HOW TO ALLOW change to "upload settings" of "Windows Updates"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HOW TO ALLOW change to "upload settings" of "Windows Updates": Setting up a newly refreshed PC on 2004 19041.508 In "Windows Updates" -> Advanced options" -> Delivery optimimzation -> Advanced Options I was unable to decrease the upload sliders until I set the bandwidth for downloading to "percentage" instead of "absolute" THESE...
  4. Time zone set up wrong. Permissions won’t allow change

Time zone set up wrong. Permissions won’t allow change: My daughter set up her own laptop and put the wrong time zone but the system wont allow a change of settings. It tells her shes an administrator then wont give her access to change it and i cant find any way to do this as it wont allow it through the normal way via settings....
  5. New Disk management settings allow you to change the OS drive letter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Disk management settings allow you to change the OS drive letter: https://reddit.com/link/ih7rtt/video/mfb3yst4xej51/player The new "Manage Disks and Volumes" (System > Storage > Manage disks and volumes) Settings page allows you to instantly change your OS drive letter without any sort of warning. As long as you keep Settings open, you...
  6. Windows 10 : Setting a time of day to DOWNLOAD UPDATES

Windows 10 : Setting a time of day to DOWNLOAD UPDATES: Good day, I have noted that this question was asked previously in March 2017 and was eventually closed as MS Consultants got it mixed up between"Update DOWNLOAD Time" and"RESTART TIME for Updates". It is no problem setting the time for the latter but Windows is...
  7. Time zone setting problem... 4 years later

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time zone setting problem... 4 years later: Hello all, I noticed there was a locked thread from 2016 regarding the wrong time zone settings for Win 10. I am currently having this same issue with my MacBook Pro running Windows 10. For the longest time, it was choosing the UTC only but now is stuck in Eastern. Has...
  8. Set specific time to download automatic updates

Set specific time to download automatic updates: I have limited bandwidth via my satellite ISP, (EXELL); and it is the only ISP available here. I need to set the update download time for the Free Zone: 3:00 am to 6:00 am. I am unable to find an option to make this selection in the Update settings. With two Windows 10...
  9. How do I set times I will allow automatic Microsoft Windows 10 Updates to DOWNLOAD (NOT...

How do I set times I will allow automatic Microsoft Windows 10 Updates to DOWNLOAD (NOT...: Hi, It is Tuesday night, and once again my machine is so incredibly slow because Microsoft has chosen this time 8:00PM to download their automatic update. I know how to tell it when to install it, but how can I tell Microsoft the times they are allowed to DOWNLOAD the...
  10. Activation at a later time

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation at a later time: A friend of mine has a dell n5050 laptop and would like to upgrade to windows 10. He did in the past and the upgrade didn't last long before it (crashed - his words not mine, I wasn't there), anyway he is back on windows 7 now. I have just checked on the dell website and it...