Windows 10: Change settings to only one account

Discus and support Change settings to only one account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Okay, after a bit of searching, I can't seem to find a solution to my problem. I have a computer that friends and family use, so we have separate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by theNightraider, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Change settings to only one account

Okay, after a bit of searching, I can't seem to find a solution to my problem.

I have a computer that friends and family use, so we have separate accounts. I'm trying to use a piece of software called Voicemeeter Banana, a virtual audio cable, in which I use for my own purposes.

In order to configure the software, I have to change the virtual audio cable to the default audio device, but I do not want to affect the other users that use this computer.

Any help would be gladly appreciated.

:)

theNightraider, Jul 30, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 30, 2018
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Vesao Win User

Change settings to only one account

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    • Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code: net user test /del[/quote]

Vesao, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

Change settings to only one account

1. Change settings to only one account - Similar Threads - Change settings account

2. Request to change my account password to the previous one, or change the user-set password...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Request to change my account password to the previous one, or change the user-set password...: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to express my sincere concern regarding the recent mandatory password change for my Microsoft account. For the past decade, I have used a seven-character password without any issues. However, during...
  3. Request to change my account password to the previous one, or change the user-set password...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Request to change my account password to the previous one, or change the user-set password...: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to express my sincere concern regarding the recent mandatory password change for my Microsoft account. For the past decade, I have used a seven-character password without any issues. However, during...
  4. How can I change the type account if I only have one guest account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the type account if I only have one guest account?: I use the command "net user "Administrator" /active:yes" to perform a task, and then I use "net user "Administrator" /active:no," but the Administrator does not delete, so I somehow delete it and sign in with the main account that was the administrator in the past, but is now...
  5. How can I change the type account if I only have one guest account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change the type account if I only have one guest account?: I use the command "net user "Administrator" /active:yes" to perform a task, and then I use "net user "Administrator" /active:no," but the Administrator does not delete, so I somehow delete it and sign in with the main account that was the administrator in the past, but is now...
  6. Installing Apps on Only One Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Apps on Only One Account: Hello,I recently installed Brave Beta from the website. I am not an administrator, though I can make myself one without issues. I want Brave Beta to be available only in my account. What steps should I follow to make this happen? I will be installing a few applications over...
  7. mic only works on one account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mic only works on one account: so, I'm trying to use my headset for videocalls as we all are. but on my personal acount, it won't work. I've looked into it and the answer i got was to change the privacy settings, so I did that and it didn't do anything. the mic works on the sccount that was created first...
  8. Changing DNS for one user only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing DNS for one user only: I want to change my DNS to NextDNS, but i don't want it to affect other user accounts. Is this possible, maybe with task scheluder or an DNS client that has option to do this? submitted by /u/PvKCpEFAnQY3zxW9NH8q [link] [comments]...
  9. 2 laptops. Same account. Only one allows PIN change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 laptops. Same account. Only one allows PIN change: So I have my hotmail account signed as main account on both computers. I also use a student email for the email app and office 365, not the windows account. . On my older computer, I can just change the Hello PIN, but on the newer one It says option currently...
  10. I only need one account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I only need one account: For my windows 10 i am using my email to login but i have another account which i want to remove, the account is able to type in username and password. I have tried removing it from control panel but it only just shows my account pls help. thanks. 56919