Windows 10: Change Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10 How to Change Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10 [img] Information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Trevers1987, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Change Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10

How to: Change Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10

How to Change Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10

Change Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Windows 10 has a new sign in screen that is more modern and touch friendly. By default, you need to dismiss the sign in to Windows 10 with your account.

This tutorial will show you how to change the sign-in screen background image for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to change the sign-in screen background image.

Note Previously on PC, there were two separate backgrounds for the Lock screen and then the logon screen. Starting in logon screen. If you’re a Windows Spotlight user – hold tight, you’ll see this change soon in a future build. We’re also working on some additional tweaks here to make the transition between the Lock screen and logging in much smoother.

Warning It is recommended to system restore to undo it.

*Warning The Windows 10 Login Background Changer tool used in this tutorial will no longer work starting with Windows 10 build 14279 and higher.

EXAMPLE: Sign-in screen

Here's How:

1. If you have not already, be sure that you turn on Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen. (see screenshot below)

Note If you turn off Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen, the sign-in screen will only show a solid color background instead of the picture you select using the Windows 10 Login Background Changer tool below.

2. Download the latest release of the free Windows 10 Login Background Changer tool at the download link below.
    Download

3. Save the Win10BGChanger1.2.0.0.zip file to where you like.

4. Right click or press and hold on the Win10BGChanger1.2.0.0.zip file, and click/tap on Extract All.

5. Open the extracted Win10BGChanger1.2.0.0 folder, and open the GUI folder in it. (see screenshot below)

6. Run the W10 Logon BG Changer.exe file. (see screenshot below)

Note This is a standalone .exe file that does not install the program to your PC.

7. If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes. (see screenshot below)

8. Click/tap on Yes for the EULA of the Windows 10 Login Background Changer tool. (see screenshot below)

9. Click/tap on the browse button in Edit Background. (see screenshot below)

10. Browse to and select the image you want for the sign-in screen background, and click/tap on Open. (see screenshot below)

11. Select the Image Scaling you want. Usually My Resolution works best, but use what looks best for you. (see screenshot below)

12. Click/tap on Apply Changes. (see screenshot below)

13. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

14. Click/tap on Lock Windows (Win+L) to view the sign-in screen to see if it looks how you like. (see screenshot below)

15. Sign in, and make any changes as needed.

16. When finished, you can close the Windows 10 Login Background Changer tool.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Trevers1987, Sep 27, 2015

2. Windows 10 Login Screen - How to Modify

In short, No.I haven't seen an article like this where this could happen.Ten forums has following tutorials related to sign In screen:

• Sign-in Animation - Turn On or Off in Window 10
    • Sign-in Message for Users - Add in Windows 10
    • Sign-in on Wakeup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10
    • Sign-in Screen Accent Color - Change in Windows 10
    • Sign-in Screen Background Image - Change in Windows 10
    • Sign-in Screen Background Image - Enable or Disable in Windows 10
    • Sign-in Screen - Do Not Display User Name in Windows 10
    • Sign-in Screen - Enable or Disable Num Lock in Windows 10
    • Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 27, 2015
  3. MarcoArik Win User
    Windows Spotlight wallpaper, doesn't change

So, in the end, is there no way to change image in sign in screen? Even if sometimes it changes and sometimes not?

I found this Fixing the Windows 10 Pre-Login Background Screen

It helped a little bit. Now background is blue. Even if I put other images in that folder, changing name, etc...

MarcoArik, Sep 27, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10

Hello Trevers, *Smile

Agreed. I wanted to have this tutorial sooner, but I didn't want to do it until the program was stable.

Brink, Sep 27, 2015
  5. Thanks once again did my own one and posted it in my desktop.
    I love everything about window 10 and thanks for starting this forum

hTconeM9user, Sep 27, 2015
  6. Jo Mei Win User
    Edit: This post is obsolete since the tutorial was updated.

Program Version 1.2.0.0 crashes immediately if you have the Sign-in Screen Background Image disabled. The program seems to miss a function that ignores/overrides a non-existent Setting in the Registry.

Workaround: Re-enable the the Sign-in Screen Background Image first
    with the reg-file from here:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...dows-10-a.html
    (Option 2 - download and apply the file Enable_Sign_in_Background_Image.reg)

Jo Mei, Oct 8, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Thank you Jo. *Smile

Luckily, I wouldn't think one would normally disable the sign-in screen background if one wanted to change it since disabling it would prevent it from changing.

Brink, Oct 8, 2015
  8. Jo Mei Win User

Agreed *Wink
    But I wanted to have a black Sign-in-Background, so I've played with Accent colors - no luck so far. Now I have a black JPG as background.

Jo Mei, Oct 8, 2015
  9. Thanks Brink - this one works great!

Dick Jagger, Oct 9, 2015
  10. Can any one confirm that this is still stable after the latest build update, as I do not wish to go through the system restore malarkey.

Thanks in advance Dan

Trevers1987, Nov 18, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Dan, *Smile

I just tested, and it's still working fine for me.

Brink, Nov 18, 2015
  12. Nice one Shawn, that's one more thing back to normal after the update *Smile

Edit: After Shawn had jump in head first I dipped my toe's in and can confirm this works flawlessly still *Party

Trevers1987, Nov 18, 2015
  13. Change Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10

thanks for the tutorial, it worked perfectly. however i would add that in settings/personalization/lock screen make sure that show windows background picture on the signin screen is enabled, otherwise you wont see a picture

jamesleimer, Nov 20, 2015
  14. I just spent a few days trying to find out how to do this. I guess I need more skill at choosing search terms.

I found the tutorial and app very helpful, especially the warning about setting a restore point, which is the kind of thing I'm always forgetting to do. (Last night, I almost regretted it.*Doh)

gregyurkon, Dec 26, 2015
  15. This kind of thing is probably to be expected, but I just discovered that using DISM and SFC restores the default sign-in screen background. (Now I'm off to complain about IconPackager. Thank whomever for VM's.)

gregyurkon, Dec 28, 2015
Thema:

1. Change Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Sign Screen

2. Can't change lock screen background image

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't change lock screen background image: it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-lock-screen-background-image/36ae0fd3-7441-4621-b82d-351bfd133204
  3. Can't change lock screen background image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change lock screen background image: it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-lock-screen-background-image/36ae0fd3-7441-4621-b82d-351bfd133204
  4. Can't change lock screen background image.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change lock screen background image.: I am currently unable to change my lock screen wallpaper. This issue has persisted for over a year now, and windows updates have not been able to fix it. I have been trying to fix this for quite a while now and I can't seem to get it fixed. As of now, I have already...
  5. Can't change lock screen background image.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change lock screen background image.: I am currently unable to change my lock screen wallpaper. This issue has persisted for over a year now, and windows updates have not been able to fix it. I have been trying to fix this for quite a while now and I can't seem to get it fixed. As of now, I have already...
  6. Lock Screen Background Replaced by "Windows Sign-in" image, Cannot Sign-in

Lock Screen Background Replaced by "Windows Sign-in" image, Cannot Sign-in: When I booted up my Toshiba Windows 10 this morning, the normal sign-in screen with the default changing-image Microsoft background was replaced by a blown-out image of a "Windows sign-in" box pictured here: https://i.imgur.com/q86fIRk.jpg. Typically, you click somewhere on...
  7. Lock Screen and Sign-in Background not changing

Lock Screen and Sign-in Background not changing: Hi, I will try to explain the problem precisely I have the "Show lock-screen background picture on the sign-in screen" enabled, and they have the same background which is good, but the problem is I can't change the background, I have set the "Background" setting to...
  8. Cannot change sign in screen background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change sign in screen background: Not even asking for help just why. Windows 11 maybe you'll get background images working? What is wrong with you? How many technical manuals do I have to read to change the background? Best lead I saw before giving up had something to do with the registry editor, I don't...
  9. How to change the login screen background image?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the login screen background image?: I was wondering where the login screen background image is stored? I'm trying to change it to a different image. Thanks. 31131
  10. Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10 Windows 10 has a new sign in screen that is more modern and touch friendly. By default, you need to dismiss the sign in to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Win10BGChanger1.2.0.0.zip