Windows 10: Change Size of Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Size of Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Size of Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10 How to Change the Size of Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10 Windows includes a special... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Size of Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10

How to: Change Size of Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10

How to Change the Size of Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10

Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to find, see, open, and switch between your apps. You can also see the specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open.

When you hover over the icon or button on the taskbar of opened items, it will show a thumbnail preview of the opened windows or tabs for that item.

This tutorial will show you how to change the size of taskbar thumbnails for your account in Windows 10.

Video by: Kari

EXAMPLE: Default and changed taskbar thumbnail preview size

Change Size of Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type regedit, and click/tap on OK to open Registry Editor.

2. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, browse to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Taskband

3. Do step 4 (change) or step 5 (default) below for what you would like to do.

4. To Change Taskbar Thumbnail Preview Size
    A) In the right pane of the Taskband key, double click/tap on the MaxThumbSizePx DWORD to modify it. (see screenshot below step 2)

*note If you don't have a MaxThumbSizePx DWORD, then right click or press and hold on an empty area in the right pane of the Taskband key, click/tap on New and DWORD (32-bit) Value, type MaxThumbSizePx, and press Enter.

B) Select (dot) Decimal, type a number (ex: 300) you want for the pixel size of taskbar thumbnail previews, click/tap on OK, and go to step 6 below. (see screenshot below)

C) In the right pane of the Taskband key, double click/tap on the MinThumbSizePx DWORD to modify it. (see screenshot below step 2)

*note If you don't have a MinThumbSizePx DWORD, then right click or press and hold on an empty area in the right pane of the Taskband key, click/tap on New and DWORD (32-bit) Value, type MinThumbSizePx, and press Enter.

D) Select (dot) Decimal, type the same number (ex: 300) from step 4B above, click/tap on OK, and go to step 6 below. (see screenshot below)

5. To Restore Default Taskbar Thumbnail Preview Size
    A) In the right pane of the Taskband key, right click or press and hold on the MaxThumbSizePx DWORD, and click/tap on Delete. (see screenshot below step 2)

B) Click/tap on Yes to confirm, and go to step 6 below. (see screenshot below)

C) In the right pane of the Taskband key, right click or press and hold on the MinThumbSizePx DWORD, and click/tap on Delete. (see screenshot below step 2)

D) Click/tap on Yes to confirm, and go to step 6 below. (see screenshot below)

6. Close Registry Editor.

7. sign out and sign in to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Dec 9, 2016
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  5. snminhduc Win User
    Change Taskbar Thumbnail Threshold to Show List in Windows 10

Thank you! It works before but when I create and log in by a new account. It does not showlist anymore

snminhduc, Oct 26, 2019
  6. ambision Win User
    ambision, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Change Size of Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Size Taskbar

2. Change Taskbar Icon Size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Taskbar Icon Size: I never commanded my taskbar to change anything so maybe this came with an update but I do not need extra large icons on my task bar just to see what I'm clicking on. I click on the taks bar to change the icon saize and click on taskbar settings and it's not even an option!...
  3. Change Taskbar Icon Size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Taskbar Icon Size: I never commanded my taskbar to change anything so maybe this came with an update but I do not need extra large icons on my task bar just to see what I'm clicking on. I click on the taks bar to change the icon saize and click on taskbar settings and it's not even an option!...
  4. cannot change taskbar size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot change taskbar size: With latest update, can no longer change taskbar size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-taskbar-size/c4e23e93-436a-4641-a922-e8bab617419e
  5. cannot change taskbar size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot change taskbar size: With latest update, can no longer change taskbar size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-taskbar-size/c4e23e93-436a-4641-a922-e8bab617419e
  6. How to change Image Thumbnail Size in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Image Thumbnail Size in Windows 11/10: [IMG]Do you want to change the thumbnail size of images on your Windows 11/10 PC? A thumbnail is basically a small graphical representation of a big-size photo or video. While exploring your photos on a computer, the thumbnail helps you identify the images you are actually...
  7. Change the size of the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the size of the taskbar?: Howdy, Yesterday I had gambled over my 4k TV plauge tale innocence. When I deactivated the TV via the NVIDIA control panel, there was a short black picture on my other two screens and then the taskbar and the picture I uploaded looked like this. Somehow I don't have a plan...
  8. Change taskbar preview size?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change taskbar preview size?: I'm currently on version 1703, is it possible to change those little thumbnails for each opened program? 86466
  9. Windows 10 and 768x768 thumbnail size?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 and 768x768 thumbnail size?: Hi Everyone, I'm not sure if this is something coming to windows 10 or if its there but not available on my system. I was under the impression with windows 10 came the extra extra large icon sizes (512 and 768) to better support higher resolution displays. I have a 980ti...
  10. Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows...