Windows 10: Change size of time and icons of system tray?

Discus and support Change size of time and icons of system tray? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So Windows 10 did some kind of update and now its got a different feel to it. One thing that changed with the update was the size of text and icons in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NightsXZ, Jun 3, 2016.

1. NightsXZ Win User

Change size of time and icons of system tray?

So Windows 10 did some kind of update and now its got a different feel to it. One thing that changed with the update was the size of text and icons in the system tray. Now they are very large and the time doesn't even fit. Where it should say PM the right side of the M is cut off. Also it doesn't display date any more. I could stretch the taskbar out and make it larger but I really don't want to do that. It should work as well as before. If any one has any ideas that would be great. I can edit registry if I need to as long as its explained where to go and what to do.

Change size of time and icons of system tray? [​IMG]

:)

NightsXZ, Jun 3, 2016

2. Change text colour and text size of desktop icons in Windows 10

Hi Tom,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to refer to the following discussion and check if it helps.

Change Icon Text Color On Windows 8.1 Desktop

Change Icon Text Color On Windows 8.1 Desktop

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tells you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article
    in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Hope it helps.

Do let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jun 3, 2016
  3. Tom Kunzo Win User
    Change text colour and text size of desktop icons in Windows 10

Hi,

How do I change the text colour and text size of the desktop icons in Windows 10?

Thank you.

Regards,

Tom Kunzo, Jun 3, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

IMHO you unlock the taskbar and place it at the bottom. It will fix the glitch of the notification area.

Then move it to the left again.

5. davidhk Win User
    Ha ! Interesting idea !
    Put it back to the bottom > let it sort things out > take it back to the left afterwards.

I would never have thought of that in a million years.
    Love to see the result.

davidhk, Jun 3, 2016
  6. NightsXZ Win User
    I already tried that before posting this and it didn't work. I tried again and it didn't work. I will try it and reboot but I doubt it will work. Any other ideas are appreciated.

NightsXZ, Jun 3, 2016
  7. NightsXZ Win User
    Rebooting worked. I had it against the bottom when I did it. Don't know if that helped but its fixed now.

NightsXZ, Jun 3, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Let me see if I understand this..................

You put the taskbar back at the bottom > make sure the Time shows properly > reboot > then take it back to the left and it works.
    Yes ?

davidhk, Jun 3, 2016
  9. NightsXZ Win User
    No I put the taskbar at the bottom and it was still huge text and icons. I reboot any way and the icons and text become the normal size they are supposed to be.

NightsXZ, Jun 4, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    Thank you.
    Now I have the correct steps.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Change size of time and icons of system tray? - Similar Threads - Change size icons

2. System tray size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System tray size: Hi, I am struggling to reduce the size of the System Tray in windows 10. Currently, it looks like below screenshot.I would like to shrink the system tray and look like with small arrow to open additional icons.I have search so many articles, but no luck so far. Thanks in...
  3. Tray icon size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tray icon size: Hello, since I reinstalled my computer with win10 21H2, the display of icons in the system tray has become very small. Compared to the large icons in the task bar, they are at most a quarter of their size. Previously, their size was about half of those in the Task Bar. What...
  4. Tray icon size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tray icon size: Hello, since I reinstalled my computer with win10 21H2, the display of icons in the system tray has become very small. Compared to the large icons in the task bar, they are at most a quarter of their size. Previously, their size was about half of those in the Task Bar. What...
  5. Tray icon size

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. System Tray icon size?

System Tray icon size?: I'm a graphic designer and need to design icons for the system tray. What size are those icons in Windows 10, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray-icon-size/d0bc9e31-4465-4da9-bbcc-fc59c2e6ba8f
  7. System tray icon size

System tray icon size: In a recent windows update i noticed that the system tray, little arrow on the bottom right of task bar when opened, the icons have stayed the same size but the buttons to click on them are alot larger. This widens the system tray alot. Is there any way how to change this?...
  8. Icon size in system tray

Icon size in system tray: How do I change the size of the system tray icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-size-in-system-tray/a2f85e74-c314-48c4-b03c-8d58a4af95db
  9. Size of System Tray

Size of System Tray: Windows 10 Recently the system tray appears overly large, covering the righthand side of the screen. Also, even though only 6 icons are displayed, I get a message that "Some notification icons cannot be displayed as there is not enough room." Can some one explain what is...
  10. How to change size of icons in system tray / notification area?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change size of icons in system tray / notification area?: Hi, I'd like to increase the size of icons in system tray / notification area of Windows 10. Is it possible to do this, maybe changing some registry values? Thank you in advance. 75515

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change size of taskbar time