Windows 10: Change Sonos network icon

Discus and support Change Sonos network icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi guys, In File Explorer my Sonos speakers are shown in the "Network locations" section, which is normal. But the icon looks like a 16x16 icon,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by khodges747, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Change Sonos network icon

Hi guys,
    In File Explorer my Sonos speakers are shown in the "Network locations" section, which is normal.

But the icon looks like a 16x16 icon, when all my others are 256x256. I want to change the Sonos icon, but I can't find the DLL that contains it. I've searched everywhere I can think of, and all I ever find is the Sonos program icon (which I don't want to change).

Anyone have an idea where this icon is to be found? See attached screen cap.

Thanks in advance.

Change Sonos network icon [​IMG]

:)

khodges747, Mar 5, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Firewalls and access to Sonos

Hi Barbara

Set the connection to Private network:

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu

Go to Network and Internet

On the left, select the appropriate connection - WiFI or Wired

Select the name of your network on the right side

Click the switch for “Find devices and content” to turn it on and make this connection “Private”.

Close the Settings App

Allow Sonos through the firewall:

Open Control Panel - Windows Firewall

On the left, click 'Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall

Click 'Change Settings'

Make sure that the Sonos Controller is listed and allowed for “Private” networks.

If you do not see Sonos listed, click 'Allow another app' and browse to the Sonos application.

Click “Add” and “OK” to save your changes

Close Control Panel

DaveM121, Mar 5, 2017
  3. sonos

Hi, I didn't make any changes that I'm aware of to the system, and no this has never been the case. It happened when I accidentally removed my music library, but when I tried to add it again it wouldn't let me. This is the error that I have been getting.

When I checked the sonos help desk, it recommended changing my network to home in my mcafee, which I did but then I got a different message, that I can't replicate. But, when I try to add my music folder, there is an icon that looks like the windows defender
    icon shield in blue and yellow. I tried to follow sonos' instruction for the firewall in windows defender, but once I get to a certain step, I cannot go any further because my defender does not have the option to do what sonos recommends.

Change Sonos network icon [​IMG]

I am running version 1709 (OS Build 16299.192)

I appreciate the help.

JimLavalle, Mar 5, 2017
Thema:

Change Sonos network icon

1. Change Sonos network icon - Similar Threads - Change Sonos network

2. Broadcast to sonos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broadcast to sonos: Hi there,I have airfoil for my mac and can broadcast to my sonos move with it. airfoil for windows project stopped being supported.Is there a recommended alternative for windows 10 that can broadcast to a sonos move?Cheers...
  3. change network icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change network icon: Have a LAN w/o web access. Taskbar tray icon is same as if no network. Changed LAN name using the How to Change a Network Profile Name in Windows 10 tutorial & saw an icon edit there, but it doesn't seem to work. Any way to choose an icon for my LAN so I can see a difference...
  4. Sonos won't connect

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sonos won't connect: I just transitioned to a new desktop and my new system won't let my Sonos system connect to it. It worked well on the old PC, but not on the new one. Both old and new use Windows 10....
  5. If I change a network folder icon, does it change for all?

If I change a network folder icon, does it change for all?: Hello, I am looking to change the icons of a folder in a shared network for myself. I do not want the custom icons to be visible for anyone else. If I update the icon, will that propagate to everyone? If so, is there a way to change the icon only for myself?...
  6. Sonos + TV + Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sonos + TV + Windows 10: I have Sonos PlayBase and 2x Sonos Ones for 5.1 audio. I have HDMI connecting from the PC to TV, and Sonos connects to the TV via optical. This is an Intel NUC PC I use for HTPC. Using LibreElec and audio pass-through settings, sound works great. I was going to switch back to...
  7. Sonos Speakers

Sonos Speakers: I have 2 Sonos Play1 speakers on my local network. Both are shown as available but when selected under "Cast to device" when trying to play music stored on the hard drive all I get is a "Unexpected device error" message. The speakers work fine through the Spotify app both on...
  8. Sonos Music library playback

Sonos Music library playback: When playing multiple albums by the same artist, Sonos plays them in alphabetical order. How do I retain the original order of the albums? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sonos-music-library-playback/f577839a-99e6-4343-91b8-e37f855c6a1f"
  9. Change Icons of Network devices?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Icons of Network devices?: Hi, How can I change the icons of: 1. Canon (Networked) Wifi printer? 2. Syno DS1812 NAS [img] Right click does not let met change the icon. TIA! Cheers 34730
  10. Change Default Icon for Network in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Icon for Network in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Icon for Network in Windows 10 How to Change Default Icon for Network in Windows 10 [img] Information This tutorial will show you how to change the default icon used for Network to any icon you want for your account in Windows 10. [img]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sonos how to change icon

2. how to remove sonos speakers form win 10 file explorer