Windows 10: Change Speech Recognition Language in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Speech Recognition Language in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Speech Recognition Language in Windows 10 How to Change Speech Recognition Language in Windows 10 When you set up Speech... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by mznGTR, Aug 7, 2015.

1. mznGTR Win User

Change Speech Recognition Language in Windows 10

How to: Change Speech Recognition Language in Windows 10

How to Change Speech Recognition Language in Windows 10

When you set up Speech Recognition in Windows 10, it lets you control your PC with your voice alone, without needing a keyboard or mouse.

Using only your voice, you can open menus, click buttons and other objects on the screen, dictate text into documents, and write and send emails. Just about anything you do with your keyboard and mouse can be done with only your voice.

Speech Recognition is only available for the following languages: English (United States, United Kingdom, Canada, India, and Australia), French, German, Japanese, Mandarin (Chinese Simplified and Chinese Traditional), and Spanish.

This tutorial will show you how to change the Speech Recognition language used for your account in Windows 10.

*Warning The recognizer language must match the display language of the user interface.

Here's How:

1. If you haven't already, you will need to add the language you want and install its Speech recognition feature.

2. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Speech Recognition icon.

3. Click/tap on the Advanced speech options link on the left side. (see screenshot below)

Change Speech Recognition Language in Windows 10 [​IMG]

4. In the Speech Recognition tab, select the language you want in the drop down menu, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

*note This will show all added languages with their Speech recognition feature installed from step 1.

*Warning The selected recognizer language must match the display language of the user interface.

5. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

6. If you get a Speech Recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported error message when trying to start Speech Recognition next, then you didn't make sure the selected recognizer language (display language[/b]. You will need to perform one of the following actions: (see screenshot below)
    A) Select a language (display language[/b].

OR

B) Change your step 4) for Speech Recognition.

7. If this is the first time you are using the selected language (set up Speech Recognition the next time you start Speech Recognition. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

mznGTR, Aug 7, 2015
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Change Speech Recognition language

Hi Matúš,

To change the Speech Recognition language, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key. Type Speech settings, then hit
      Enter.
    • Under Speech language, select your preferred language (e.g.
      English
      ).

Change Speech Recognition Language in Windows 10 5155e910-d18b-49f4-a0bf-ac75a13484c1.png

For more information about Speech Recognition, please check this article.

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Riel Alc, Oct 27, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Vista and speech recognition

Just wondering if some one could help with a issue i am getting with this.

speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported.

recognizer language must match the language of the user interface. Please change the recognizer language in the speech recognition control panel under advanced options.

As far as i know it's setup right ? Anyone have any insight on solving this ?..

AsRock, Oct 27, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

No speech recognition at all

Hi, this may be of interest:
    Installing additional language packs for Windows 10 speech recognition random ranting

This has downloads, + a complete list of languages availablefor Win 10:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=27224
    (but note the date)

fwiw I just tried it- my locale, speech, display language etc are set to UK English. (Which took some doing this time, or something was slightly messed up).

If I type speech in Cortana's search box, say, I get Windows Speech Recognition as top search.

I use Classic Shell, with the Control Panel expanded, so in a second or less I can see 'Speech Recognition' listed there.

Similarly, if I type 'Speech' in Settings I can easily see Speech Recognition.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    With the speech recognition bar displayed, task manager shows:
    SpeechRuntime.exe in C:\Windows\System32\Speech_OneCore\Common ..........

sapisvr.exe in C:\Windows\Speech\Common

running.

=================================================
    Some (older) search results:

I came across this for Win 7
    Speech Recognition - Language Configuration is Not Supported Error Fix - Windows 7 Help Forums
    - maybe there's an updated one here (see Tutorials).

There are a couple of helpful links at the end of this (but Win 7 again)
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...c-cb0ae84c939d

dalchina, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Riel Alc Win User
    Change Windows language to turn on speech recognition.

Hi Sebastian,

To change the Speech language, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key+i to open Settings and then select
      Time & language.
    • Under TIME & LANGUAGE, select Speech.
    • Under Speech language, click the drop-down to choose language.

Change Speech Recognition Language in Windows 10 212f44d9-10f3-439a-b556-2d235bdb5cf2.jpg

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Riel Alc, Oct 27, 2019
  6. No speech recognition at all

Hi, thank you for the useful information.
    Personally, I also use ClassicShell with CPanel enabled, and I do have the root "Speech Recognition" icon, but I can't open it, and I can't access the further settings (such as configuring ASR Language or training your mic) - and of course I've tried a million ways of accessing the settings *Wink
    I did set my display language and my input language to en-US, as well as my locale, to no avail (and restarting didn't do the trick either) - and then back to de-DE (which is also supported) - the ASR language settings, however, remain elusive^^
    I have also tried having ctfmon running and the input language bar displayed in various states

I have downloaded different language packs, but some of them would not install, the installer disappears after "gathering required information"

Thank you for sending the executable and service, that was exactly what i was looking for!
    I'm not at home right now, I'll check in a couple of hours - but that looks immensely helpful already. I did find the speech folders in Sys32 and SysWOW myself before and tried changing access permissions, but to no avail.

I hope running the SAPI server will do the trick - I was expecting exactly something like this to be missing or blocked from/in my system

Benjamin Philip, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Change Speech Recognition Language in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Speech Recognition

2. Speech recognition language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speech recognition language: Speech recognition language how to stop USA voice and use UK voice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition-language/292d04a4-db39-44eb-b667-e1020cfe3a20
  3. Speech recognition language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech recognition language: Speech recognition language how to stop USA voice and use UK voice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition-language/292d04a4-db39-44eb-b667-e1020cfe3a20
  4. Speech recognition language stuck to English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech recognition language stuck to English: Hi!I have three language packs installed English, French and Spanish. Even when I select another language as the speech language, the voice typing is stuck to English.Any help, please?...
  5. Speech recognition language stuck to English

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speech recognition language stuck to English: Hi!I have three language packs installed English, French and Spanish. Even when I select another language as the speech language, the voice typing is stuck to English.Any help, please?...
  6. Speech recognition not available in current display language

in Cortana
    Speech recognition not available in current display language: I've been trying to configure my speech recognition. I've changed the language to English United States and the preferred language to English United States. But Cortana still can't hear me. When I test my mic in google search, it's fine. I've attached some photos,...
  7. Speech recognition Multi language

in Cortana
    Speech recognition Multi language: I have trained the United States speech recognition on windows 10 for my third party software "Voice Attack". I am able to choose the speech engine recognition in the software. Question: I am normally using the German language as primary language. If i change the setting...
  8. Display and speech languages - Speech recognition problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display and speech languages - Speech recognition problems: I am running the current version of Windows 10 1909 Pro. When starting Speech Recognition, I get the following: [ATTACH] I have searched the internet for a solution to this. As best as I can tell, both of these are set to English US. Interestingly, Cortana works fine...
  9. Windows 10 speech recognition issue - language UK English

Windows 10 speech recognition issue - language UK English: I have spent the whole day trying to get the Windows 10 speech recognition to work. I keep getting a message something like the "the recogniser language and interface language must match". So I have gone all through the Settings and Control Panel and changed every language...
  10. marathi language text to speech and voice recognition

marathi language text to speech and voice recognition: TTS text to speech for Marathi Is it possible to use text to speech for Indian language like Marathi and can we use voice input for the same with windows voice recognition....