Windows 10: Change Start button Search to Search WIndows only

Discus and support Change Start button Search to Search WIndows only in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I click the start button and start typing to search for something, I want it to search on my computer, not internet too. Can this be changed to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ztruker, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Ztruker Win User

Change Start button Search to Search WIndows only

When I click the start button and start typing to search for something, I want it to search on my computer, not internet too. Can this be changed to do that?

If I want to search the web I'll open Google.

:)

Ztruker, Apr 26, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Start button& search

Hi SuperVika,

To remove the Alphabetical list of apps from the Start Menu:

Open the Settings App, go to Personalisation - Start

Turn off 'Show App list in Start Menu'

Also turn off any other options you need from there . . .

To remove all the big tiles from the Start Menu:

Right click each one and choose 'Unpin from Start'

DaveM121, Apr 26, 2015
  3. Start & search button

I had disabled cortana but found out that it still had the option of Searching the web when i used the search windows on the bottom. When u disable that, it will only search your pc.

How to Disable Web Results in Windows 10 Search

tired of this blue scum, Apr 26, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Which build are you using?

In 10061 I find that if you start your search with "mystuff:" then it only searches locally.

Mystere, Apr 27, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    That works, thanks. I see I can also click on Search Mystuff after entering the search term but not as nice that way.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Change Start button Search to Search WIndows only - Similar Threads - Change Start button

2. Windows start button and search not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows start button and search not working.: Windows start button and search not working after updating Windows 11 to 22H2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-button-and-search-not-working/22085c48-4e9a-4d45-9123-c7a9c733b729
  3. start button, search button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start button, search button not working: I updated to the most recent version of windows a couple days back, once my system booted up again the whole task bar vanished it was there but completely blank i resolved the issue by going through command prompt and deleting some of the newest updates. But after that the...
  4. start button, search button not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start button, search button not working: I updated to the most recent version of windows a couple days back, once my system booted up again the whole task bar vanished it was there but completely blank i resolved the issue by going through command prompt and deleting some of the newest updates. But after that the...
  5. Windows start search - change browser and search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows start search - change browser and search: Hello, is there any way to change Windows 10 start search so that instead of results opening with Edge and Bing, could be other browser and other search engine? I tried to google this and some people suggested search deflector program. I tried it, but it's not working. 177198
  6. Start button + search unwanted

in Cortana
    Start button + search unwanted: Hi Allo when I click on a button Start I alwalys have a search windows active and I am not ablte to close it! Thanks for your help. Regards JohnBi [ATTACH]...
  7. Start Button Search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Button Search: As of this morning, none of my computers laptop and desktop and tablet will produce search results when clicking START >> then typing something. It worked yesterday. Thus clicking START > Word produces nothing. The START button works, otherwise. I did rebuild the index....
  8. Local Only Searching From Windows Start Button

in Cortana
    Local Only Searching From Windows Start Button: I hate that MS has changed the design of Windows to be "search centric". What's even worse is that when you do actually need to search for something, Windows can't stop sending data to Microsoft. I don't want bing suggestions or any data going to MS. So far I have been unable...
  9. Force Start Search to only search locally?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Force Start Search to only search locally?: Is there a way to stop the Search box in the Start menu from searching the Internet? If I want to do this, I'll use an internet browser thank you very much! I only use this when I want to open an obscure program, or open a file. 23856
  10. Start button search broken?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button search broken?: When I click on the Start button and type control panel, I'm sitting under Bing search which is definitely now what I want. What I expect is for this to work like it use to where it should bring Control Panel to the top left pane so I can select it to open Control panel....