Change Taskbar so it shows file Names

Discus and support Change Taskbar so it shows file Names in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I saved a number of Jpg and Gif files that I need to have open and easily toggle between. The files open in Microsoft Photo(I think) and I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jschlach, Jul 10, 2018.

1. jschlach Win User

Hi,

I saved a number of Jpg and Gif files that I need to have open and easily toggle between. The files open in Microsoft Photo(I think) and I want to be able to see the file names in the Taskbar so I can toggle between them more easily. Right now they all just say photo in the taskbar. Is there a way to have the file name appear?

Thanks so much for your help!

-Jason

:)

jschlach, Jul 10, 2018
  2. Error 404 Win User

Name of program to change taskbars?

uxtheme.dll? I know you can use that to change themes, so it should allow you to change the taskbar theme, if thats what you want.

Error 404, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Polaris573 Win User
    name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Kreij Win User

name changes??

How about TPU_Moms_Rule.

Just a suggestion *Smile Change Taskbar so it shows file Names :)

I agree with most people. Mod assisted name changes only.

Kreij, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Change Taskbar so it shows file Names - Similar Threads - Change Taskbar shows

2. Windows 10 taskbar icon changes size randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 taskbar icon changes size randomly: Hello I'm using windows 10 and I've customized the size of task bar icons. Intermittently I'm noticing random changes in their size. The icons in the system tray remain intact. Though a restart restores the icon size to how it was, this behavior is annoying. Is there a...
  3. Transparency level change at taskbar?

Transparency level change at taskbar?: Hello. I found this guide to transparency percent change for ALT-TAB Adjust ALT+TAB Grid Background Transparency Percent in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials But I can't find anything to change the transparency percent level for taskbar and START-menu. How to change this?...
  4. Start menu seems to have changed to a very lighter shade than taskbar?

Start menu seems to have changed to a very lighter shade than taskbar?: Hello everyone! I have a unique problem, I found a few random posts about it but each one had no replies for support. After installing the recent fall update for the Creators Update on October 17, my start menu has automatically changed to a very light shade of the...
  5. Is there a way to stop Windows from changing the height of my TaskBar

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to stop Windows from changing the height of my TaskBar: I keep my Taskbar as high as it will go. However, Windows constantly reduces its' height. Is there a way to keep the height I want it at? Thank you. 104127
  6. Icons along taskbar show wrong icons, change when mousing over them

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons along taskbar show wrong icons, change when mousing over them: Hello DrOwse, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile You might see if rebuilding the icon cache may help. *Arrow Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials If not, then you might see if resetting the taskbar pinned items to default may be able to help. You...
  7. Changing Taskbar: Shortcuts that don't expand?

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Taskbar: Shortcuts that don't expand?: Hi, I just upgraded from Windows 7 to 10. I'm used to clicking a single icon (no text) shortcut to open a browser for example, and then a new window opens as well as a new taskbar window. In Windows 10 however it seems the shortcut icon simple expands with text and...
  8. Change Delay Time to Show Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Delay Time to Show Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10: I tried this on a standard account. Surprisingly, or maybe not, you can edit regedit under HKEY_CURRENT_USER as a standard user. Anyway, it doesn't seem to work and stays as 1000 ms efter after logout/login. I edited the registry as admin and added under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE...
  9. Change Taskbar Thumbnail Threshold to Show List in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Taskbar Thumbnail Threshold to Show List in Windows 10: Well, thumbnails are just fine when it comes to opened applications, but thumbnails that represent opened FOLDERS are major problem. Folder thumbnails all look about the same, and the information I need - the folder path - is less apparent. I would vote for only the list of...
  10. Change how many People Contacts can be Pinned to Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change how many People Contacts can be Pinned to Taskbar in Windows 10: @Brink Using 'Small Taskbar Buttons' helps to get a few more contacts on the Bar without getting too crowded. [img] Just sayin! Great tut, once again btw! *Thumbs 97914