Windows 10: Change Taskbar so it shows file Names

Discus and support Change Taskbar so it shows file Names in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I saved a number of Jpg and Gif files that I need to have open and easily toggle between. The files open in Microsoft Photo(I think) and I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jschlach, Jul 10, 2018.

1. jschlach Win User

Change Taskbar so it shows file Names

Hi,

I saved a number of Jpg and Gif files that I need to have open and easily toggle between. The files open in Microsoft Photo(I think) and I want to be able to see the file names in the Taskbar so I can toggle between them more easily. Right now they all just say photo in the taskbar. Is there a way to have the file name appear?

Thanks so much for your help!

-Jason

:)

jschlach, Jul 10, 2018
  2. Error 404 Win User

Name of program to change taskbars?

uxtheme.dll? I know you can use that to change themes, so it should allow you to change the taskbar theme, if thats what you want.

Error 404, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Polaris573 Win User
    name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Kreij Win User

name changes??

How about TPU_Moms_Rule.

Just a suggestion *Smile Change Taskbar so it shows file Names :)

I agree with most people. Mod assisted name changes only.

Kreij, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Change Taskbar so it shows file Names - Similar Threads - Change Taskbar shows

2. Change User file name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change User file name: Hi During a complete reinstall somehow a user file name got changed C:\Users\X it should have been C:\Users\Richard how do I change it back? Thanks for any help. Rich 116571
  3. Change User file name

in Windows 10 Support
    Change User file name: Hi During a complete reinstall somehow a user file name got changed C:\Users\X it should have been C:\Users\Richard how do I change it back? Thanks for any help. Rich 116571
  4. User's Files folder name changed to"Folders"

in Windows 10 Customization
    User's Files folder name changed to"Folders": User's files folder name(In my case its 'Dev') suddenly changed to "Folders". Whatever new account I create it still shows the home folder as "Folders". Pls help..Its really annoying.My brother used the laptop and accidently installed some malware and adware which i just...
  5. Change taskbar items to display only filename not the program name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change taskbar items to display only filename not the program name: some programs display the filename before the program name in the taskbar eg notepad and MSword2013 some programs display the program name first eg powerISO + most others because my taskbar space is limited i need only the program name displayed next to the program...
  6. Change user name in file explorer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change user name in file explorer: New computer. Hastily set it up two days ago and have found that in file explorer there is a user named "Bogey" that appears to be the main user along with all of the associated files, and I have no clue how it happened that way. However, my first name, as administrator, is...
  7. Change an application so it doesn't appear in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change an application so it doesn't appear in the taskbar: I have an old application which I have running all the time, which I don't want to appear in the taskbar (left hand part to the right of the start button). Is there any way using registry entries or mods to the shortcut to have it continue to run but not show in the...
  8. missing some of name of files when minimize to taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    missing some of name of files when minimize to taskbar: I just upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 so i have a little problem in my windows taskbar I cannot see full name of files when i minimize to taskbar. any one can suggest me where i can fix this [img] thank you 11109
  9. Configuring an application so it doesn't show in the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Configuring an application so it doesn't show in the taskbar?: Is it possible to configure an application so it doesn't appear in the task bar? Thanks Dave 34595
  10. Hidden char in file name showed by command dir

in Windows 10 Support
    Hidden char in file name showed by command dir: Hi, In tracking a bug in app, I discovered something very odd. I have a strange file name in a directory. If I do a dir command the file name appearing is not the same as with Win Explorer! Even the copy paste from the console removes the extra char. Attached...