Windows 10: Change Text Cursor Thickness in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Text Cursor Thickness in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Text Cursor Thickness in Windows 10 How to Change Text Cursor Thickness in Windows 10 The cursor is that blinking line at the end... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Text Cursor Thickness in Windows 10

How to: Change Text Cursor Thickness in Windows 10

How to Change Text Cursor Thickness in Windows 10

The cursor is that blinking line at the end of what you are typing in Windows.

If you have a high screen resolution or your vision is not as good as it used to be, then you may find it harder to see the cursor with a default of 2 pixels wide.

This tutorial will show you how to change the text cursor thickness to what you want for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Change Text Cursor Thickness in Settings
    • Option Two: To Change Text Cursor Thickness in Control Panel
    • Option Three: To Change Text Cursor Thickness in Registry Editor

EXAMPLE: Cursor thickness

Change Text Cursor Thickness in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Change Text Cursor Thickness in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Ease of Access icon.

2. Click/tap on Cursor & pointer on the left side, and adjust the Cursor thickness slider to the width (1-20) you want. (see screenshots below)

*note Starting with Windows 10 build 18945, you will need to click/tap on Text cursor on the left side instead, and adjust the Change text cursor thickness slider under Change the text cursor appearance section on the right side.

3. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Change Text Cursor Thickness in Control Panel
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Ease of Access Center icon.

2. Click/tap on the Make the computer easier to use link. (see screenshot below)

3. Select the cursor thickness (1-20) you want in the Set the thickness of the blinking cursor drop down, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] To Change Text Cursor Thickness in Registry Editor
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type regedit into Run, and click/tap on OK to open Registry Editor.

2. Navigate to the key below in the left pane of Registry Editor. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop

3. In the right pane of the Desktop key, double click/tap on the CaretWidth DWORD to modify it. (see screenshot above)

4. Select (dot) Decimal, type in a number between 1 - 20 for the cursor thickness you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

5. sign in to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 20, 2018

2. Cursor thickness set to 20 at lock screen

Hello. I have previously had some problems. I had before messed with regedit, to try to change my default cursor. I messed something up but I then deleted my account on my computer, then re-made it. That, fixed the cursor problem, but not the cursor thickness.
    The thing is that It is not set to the thickness of 20 on file explorer etc, but it is only thick when i type my password into my computer. I know how to change the thickness of the cursor, but It is set to one. Thats the weird thing. I also tried disabling
    things, but im always open to a new idea. Thanks!

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers]

Flappychilly, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Change the width of the cursor

Hello Don, *Smile

The tutorial below can help show you how to change the width/thickness of the cursor in Windows 10.

*Arrow Change Cursor Thickness in Windows 10

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Text Cursor Blink on Windows 10

Hello Adam,

A quick question before we proceed:

What do you mean when you say “why does is there a pop up try suggesting me other posts when I know my question hasn't been asked?”

While typing you can hide the pointer. You may follow the steps below for the same:

• Go to settings and click on Devices.

• Click on Mouse and touchpad and select pointer options.

• Now check the box for Hide pointer while typing.

Please be informed that there is no such option to set the blink slower and change the color of your cursor.

I suggest you to provide your suggestions and feedbacks in the dedicated Feedback App. Follow these steps to provide suggestions in Windows Feedback App.

At any time, select Start, and then type
    Windows Feedback to send us your opinions and suggestions.
    Windows Feedback is only available if you have
    Diagnostic and usage data set to
    Full (Full is the recommended setting).

To change the Diagnostic and usage data setting, go to
    Start , then select Settings > Privacy > Feedback & diagnostics, and then, under
    Diagnostic and usage data, select an option.

If you have any other queries related to windows 10 we would be happy to help you.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Change Text Cursor Thickness in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Text Cursor

2. Changing Color of Selected Text Highlighter in Windows 11 Not Cursor or Text Itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Color of Selected Text Highlighter in Windows 11 Not Cursor or Text Itself: I am in Dark Mode. Windows 11. I want to make the Selected Text Highlighter black again. Like older versions of Windows. I am not talking about changing the color of the text itself. I am not talking about changing the color of the curser. I am talking about changing the...
  3. Changing Color of Selected Text Highlighter in Windows 11 Not Cursor or Text Itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Color of Selected Text Highlighter in Windows 11 Not Cursor or Text Itself: I am in Dark Mode. Windows 11. I want to make the Selected Text Highlighter black again. Like older versions of Windows. I am not talking about changing the color of the text itself. I am not talking about changing the color of the curser. I am talking about changing the...
  4. Change the Text Cursor Indicator size, color, and thickness in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Change the Text Cursor Indicator size, color, and thickness in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When you shift from tablet experience to a large-screen Desktop experience, you expect a bit of change in text size or text cursor too. Windows […] This article Change the Text Cursor Indicator size, color, and thickness in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  5. Change Text Cursor Indicator Color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Text Cursor Indicator Color in Windows 10: How to: Change Text Cursor Indicator Color in Windows 10 How to Change Text Cursor Indicator Color in Windows 10 The cursor is that blinking line at the end of what you are typing in Windows. Have you ever had an issue finding the text cursor in the middle of a large...
  6. Change Text Cursor Indicator Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Text Cursor Indicator Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Text Cursor Indicator Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Cursor Indicator Size in Windows 10 The cursor is that blinking line at the end of what you are typing in Windows. Have you ever had an issue finding the text cursor in the middle of a large...
  7. Is it possible to change window border thickness?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to change window border thickness?: I am not liking the very thin black window borders, when I open a lot of windows it can be hard to tell where one ends and another begins. Is there any way that you can increase the thickness of the window outline? 10206
  8. Non-transparent and thick window borders AND white text.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Non-transparent and thick window borders AND white text.: If I choose the Windows theme from Windows Default Themes or Windows Installed Themes, I get a think border on windows, but it's transparent. I got the aerolite and aerolite (white-text) themes from Aerolite Theme - Install in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums. Both of these...
  9. Change Text Cursor Blink Rate in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Text Cursor Blink Rate in Windows: How to: Change Text Cursor Blink Rate in Windows How to Change Text Cursor Blink Rate in Windows The cursor is that blinking line at the end of what you are typing in Windows. This tutorial will show you how to change the text cursor blink rate to what you want for...
  10. cursor too thick

in Windows 10 Support
    cursor too thick: Hi all,,,,,can you help please with this ?? when I use word or notebook or any other app that requires me to type, the flashing cursor that shows me where I am on the page seems to have got a bit thick and I don't know how its happened. Is there anywhere I can alter it or do...