Windows 10: change the displayed title of folders?

Discus and support change the displayed title of folders? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible to change the displayed title of folders, which have been pinned to the Quick Access list to something other than that of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Claypool, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Claypool Win User

change the displayed title of folders?

Is it possible to change the displayed title of folders, which have been pinned to the Quick Access list to something other than that of the folder-name itself? IOW, change it to a title of my choosing.

I do realize I could simply change the folder-name itself, but that's less than ideal under this system's circumstances since this it has specific folders backed up daily, and they occasionally need to be restored, which would overwrite this change each time a backup was applied.

:)

Claypool, Feb 25, 2016

2. Title displayed instead of Name in People Hub

Ok, I found it! The field "Title" under the "Name" category does not refer to Job title, it's for those Mr, Mrs, and Dr title type!

The "Job Title" is found under the "Other" category! Case closed.

Fabrice Perez, Feb 25, 2016
  3. Title displayed instead of Name in People Hub

For some reason title precedes name in Mango, I don't know if it is a localization issue or "bug" in Mango. I noticed this too and if you use the alphabetical jump list or search in
    people it pushes contacts with titles to the bottom of the list of the search. IMHO the titles should be searchable but the alphabetical listing of the name should take precedent over title.

So it should be like Steve Ballmer, CEO not CEO Steve Ballmer.

Steven _fyiguy_ Hughes, Feb 25, 2016
  4. change the displayed title of folders?

Use desktop.ini files to do this. Use the ones already in your documents folder as a template, you need the localized name entry.

Next open a command prompt and use the following command on the folder.

Code: attrib +r c:/folder attrib +h +s c:/folder/desktop.ini[/quote]

logicearth, Feb 25, 2016
  5. Claypool Win User
    Thank you for your reply, LogicEarth!

I was hoping to find a way to change them in the QA list alone, IOW, not the way the folders are also displayed. I'm setting this up for someone that is about as computer illiterate as they come, and it's confusing now the the visible folder-name have changed in the modified folders for him. But, it appears that you are absolutely right, that's pretty much my only option.

I do appreciate your help! *Smile

Claypool, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

change the displayed title of folders?

1. change the displayed title of folders? - Similar Threads - change displayed title

2. title property not displaying in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    title property not displaying in windows 11: The "Title" metadata property is not displaying properly in Windows 11 file explorer. I have added a "Title" to many files, especially jpeg pictures. With my windows 10 computer all the titles show up and can be modified in the details pane. In Windows 11 I just see "add a...
  3. title property not displaying in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    title property not displaying in windows 11: The "Title" metadata property is not displaying properly in Windows 11 file explorer. I have added a "Title" to many files, especially jpeg pictures. With my windows 10 computer all the titles show up and can be modified in the details pane. In Windows 11 I just see "add a...
  4. Titles on folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Titles on folders: Hi, my brother has a problem. He was outside, he came in house and started computer. When he did everything was normal unitl background showed up. Somehow it changed it's color by itself. And he can't see names of folders, he can see names on background but not in map. What...
  5. Unable to change song "title" and Virtual DJ displays songs no title as "blank"

Unable to change song "title" and Virtual DJ displays songs no title as "blank": Virtual DJ can read all my songs from iTunes except certain songs. These songs are different in Windows File Explorer. Most of my songs have the name column and title column filled out, and they are either exactly the same or similar. The problem songs have a name but do not...
  6. folder titles

folder titles: How can I revert a folder number list to folder file names? Download of folder files just appeared as a numbers list vs the folder names. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-titles/7518959c-6a46-4c3e-9e42-253f367a0dc0"
  7. Display the end of the path in title bar

Display the end of the path in title bar: In Windows 10, Explorer shows the beginning of the path on task bar thumbnails. Which often enough leads to 4 windows beginning with \\SomeShare\RD\Proj... which doesn't help in the slightest. I remember Windows 7 displaying the end of the path. Is there a way to tell...
  8. How to change display in folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change display in folder: Hi. Can someone tell me how can i change display in (music) folder? To be more specific i want all the folders with tracks to show only Name and Bit rate. I set it to look like that when i first got Windows 10 but i forgot how and now system has updated and everything went...
  9. Title Bar wont change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Title Bar wont change: Understand that default Title Bar in Windows 10 is white, However when I click on themes (which shows various title bar/window borders colors (or Shades) my Title Bar stays completely white. Can anyone understand my questions & have any suggestions? 27898
  10. Folder titles disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder titles disappear: One feature of my recently installed PC with Win 10 (replacing 15 years with XP) is this light-grey-on-white title text for inactive folders. It's not doing my eyesight any favours. But worse, it disappears altogether here after some time, maybe 15 mins. [img] Do...