Windows 10: "Change the size of text, apps and other items" not working as before

Discus and support "Change the size of text, apps and other items" not working as before in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey I've recently buildt a new pc and seem to have encountered a problem with the size of text and windows in general. On my old pc i was able to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Eostlyngen, Apr 6, 2018.

1. "Change the size of text, apps and other items" not working as before

Hey I've recently buildt a new pc and seem to have encountered a problem with the size of text and windows in general. On my old pc i was able to have the setting at 100%, all my friends also have this at 100%. But on this pc windows and all the apps are alot smaller than on my old pc (with the same level of zoom). I still use the same monitors at the same resolution.

100% zoom on my old pc = 125% on my new.

This is really annoying as 125% zoom causes alot of problem on other applications i use.

I've looked around the web, and in the settings with no results.

:)

Eostlyngen, Apr 6, 2018
  2. ithrandir Win User

"Change the size of text, apps, and other items" slider causes explorer crashes

Try this: under "Display Settings", change your "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" slider to 175% and report if thereafter you are unable to open file explorer, control panel, etc.

This happens to me reliably, symptoms are similar to the original poster at: FIle Explorer won't open on Windows 10 after update

This didn't happen immediately, I expect this behaviour surfaced only after some update was installed. This is quite a fresh install, but if it's easily reproduce-able by others I won't bother trying to figure out which update caused this behaviour.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro.

ithrandir, Apr 6, 2018
  3. Jagst Win User
    Change size of individual application in windows 10

I just upgraded my windows 7 laptop to windows 10, everything has been going fine so far but there is an issue that bothers me a lot. In the windows 10 display settings, there is a setting labled "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" and it's
    default value on my laptop is 125%. However, this value is too high for some of my applications (Skype and Steam) and because of this, they are trying to make their text and items larger which is negatively affecting the sharpness or resolution. When I change
    the "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" to 100%, it fixes the applications (Skype and Steam), but makes all my other applications ,such as chrome and Microsoft edge, look way too small. I need a way to make certain applications 100% value in
    the "Change the size of text, apps. and other items", and other applications to be the default value of 125%.

Jagst, Apr 6, 2018
Thema:

"Change the size of text, apps and other items" not working as before

1. "Change the size of text, apps and other items" not working as before - Similar Threads - Change size text

2. how to change the size of Windows menus and the text Size on menu items. I have tried the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change the size of Windows menus and the text Size on menu items. I have tried the...: how to change the size of Windows menus and the text Size on menu items. I have tried the personalizing steps in settings. Using windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-size-of-windows-menus-and-the/8ac1b026-632e-426c-92fc-0447e05fbc99
  3. how to change the size of Windows menus and the text Size on menu items. I have tried the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change the size of Windows menus and the text Size on menu items. I have tried the...: how to change the size of Windows menus and the text Size on menu items. I have tried the personalizing steps in settings. Using windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-size-of-windows-menus-and-the/8ac1b026-632e-426c-92fc-0447e05fbc99
  4. How to change the size of text apps and other items to 100% as default for all users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the size of text apps and other items to 100% as default for all users: I want to make the size of text apps and other items to 100% as default for all users for a particular monitorscreen. I am using multiple monitors monitor1: 1920x1200 main monitor , monitor2:1920x1200extended, monitor3:1920x1080extended.Problem is I have only one...
  5. How to change the size of text apps and other items to 100% as default for all users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the size of text apps and other items to 100% as default for all users: I want to make the size of text apps and other items to 100% as default for all users for a particular monitorscreen. I am using multiple monitors monitor1: 1920x1200 main monitor , monitor2:1920x1200extended, monitor3:1920x1080extended.Problem is I have only one...
  6. How to change the size of text apps and other items to 100% as default for all users

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 10 size of text,apps and other things

Windows 10 size of text,apps and other things: I used big PC screen until this day like 27'' or so. But today my monitor died and I ordered a new one from ebay. I live in Azerbaijan so it takes some months for ebay to complete it's way to Azerbaijan. So I should use my older monitor which one is only 17'' ! So, I plugged...
  8. Unable to change the size of apps and texts

Unable to change the size of apps and texts: I read post after post and no one, no a single one, has told me what I need to do to be able to use the slide that doesn't move or to make the apps smaller. I got a TV to use as a monitor so I could have several apps up on the screen, like the sign in screen for Zoom or a...
  9. Changing the text size and format of specific items on Windows 1809 desktop

Changing the text size and format of specific items on Windows 1809 desktop: In all versions of Windows prior to the latest Windows 10 version 1809, it was possible to make text and other items larger or smaller and instead of changing the size of everything on the desktop, it was also possible to only change the format and text size of specific items...
  10. Icons, Text size and other things change or get scrambled

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons, Text size and other things change or get scrambled: Hi, I would like to report some weird behavior on my PC and get adequate help for it. My problem pertains about Icons on my Desktop who get scrambled, or Fonts I set in Winaero Tweaker to enlarge text for Menu's, Statusbar etc who are set back without my intervention....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. for windows 10 you also need to set change the size of text apps and other items to 100% in display settings.

2. change the size of text apps and other items gone win10