Windows 10: Change Theme in Firefox

Discus and support Change Theme in Firefox in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Theme in Firefox How to Change the Theme in Firefox Quantum Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), there is a new user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Theme in Firefox

How to: Change Theme in Firefox

How to Change the Theme in Firefox Quantum

Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), there is a new user interface (UI) called Photon.

Firefox Quantum includes the Default, Light, and Dark themes, but you can get more themes to customize Firefox with.

Starting with Windows 10 Dark and Light app mode you set.

This tutorial will show you how to change the theme in Firefox Quantum for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open Firefox.
    2. Click/tap on the Menu button
    Change Theme in Firefox [​IMG]
    , and click/tap on Customize. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Themes at the bottom, select a theme you want to use for Firefox, and click/tap on Done when finished. (see screenshots below)

*tip Hovering the pointer over a theme in the menu will show you a preview of it.

*note My Themes are the themes included with Firefox and any themes you have installed. You can see and manage your installed themes by clicking on Manage to go to Themes in about:addons.

Recommended are just suggested themes. These will be installed if you click/tap on them.

You can click/tap on Get more themes to select themes to install.

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

Brink, Nov 16, 2016

2. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Change themes back to numbered tiles in Microsoft Mahjong

Hi Bill,

Changing the tiles for Microsoft Mahjong can be done through the Theme Settings of the game. To change the settings, follow the steps below:

• Launch the game.
    • Press F5 on your keyboard to show the settings.
    • Click on Themes and choose your preferred theme under
      Standard Themes

If are unable to see your preferred theme, we suggest that you update the game on Windows Store by following the steps on this

link

Should you need further assistance, you can reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Change Theme in Firefox

Corrupted Personalization Settings and themes

Hi Nkhondo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you check if the settings are disable in the registries of the PC.

• Press
      Windows+R
      and type gpedit.msc in the run command.

• In the window that appears, you can see the "Local Group Policy Editor" Window.

• In this step I want to Prevent Changing Theme file. You click on User Configuration sub-category Administrative Template sub-category Control Panel sub-category Personalization and click on the "Prevent
      Changing Theme
      ".
    User Configuration<< Administrative Template<< Control Panel<< Personalization

• In this step right-click on the "Prevent Changing Theme"and select the
      edit tab and click on the edit tab.

• In this step, if you click on the
      Enabled Button then you cannot change the Theme. You click on the Disable Button then you can change the Theme. You click on The Enable Button for Disabling the changing Theme or Prevent Changing Theme.

• In this step right-click on your Desktop and select the Personalize tab. In this tab you are unable to change the theme after disabling the changing of the theme or Prevent
      Changing Theme.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Arun B J Win User
    Is there any way to change the system theme between light and dark in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for choosing windows 10.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below.

To Choose a Theme in Personalization

• Right click or press and hold on your desktop, click/tap on Personalize
    • Click/tap on Themes on the left side, click/tap on the Go to theme settings link under "Themes" on the right side, and close Settings,
    • Click/tap on a theme you want to choose.
    To Choose a High Contrast Theme in Settings app

• Open
      Settings
      , and do
      step 2
      or
      step 3
      below for how you would like to open High contrast settings.
    • Click/tap on the Personalization icon, click/tap on Colors on the left side, click/tap on go to high contrast color settings link at the bottom of the right side.
    • Click/tap on the Ease of Access icon
    • Click/tap on High contrast on the left side, and choose a high contrast theme you want in the drop down menu on the right side.
    • Make any
      color
      changes you would like, and click/tap on Apply
    • When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 26, 2019
  6. change the names of the themes.

Hello Michael,

You can change the names of your specified themes as personalized ones by simply following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings; then select Personalization.
    • Under Personalization, select Themes.
    • Click on Theme Settings.
    • Under Windows Default Themes, right click on the desired theme; then click on
      Save Theme located in the lower left pane of My Themes.
    • A small pop-up window will appear which will ask for a name. Enter the desired name; then, click on
      Save. The theme which has been modified will be under My Themes.

Kindly execute the same procedure with the rest of the themes that you desire to correct the names.

Feel free to reach out if you need anything else.

Vanessa Oca, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Change Theme in Firefox

1. Change Theme in Firefox - Similar Threads - Change Theme Firefox

2. How to Change the Cursor Theme with Change in System Theme?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Change the Cursor Theme with Change in System Theme?: I am a Windows 11 UserI use Auto Dark Mode App to switch between light and dark mode automatically. What I want is, with the change in the System theme from light to dark, it should automatically change the Cursor theme too. Is there a way to do so?Also I use an App called...
  3. How to Change the Cursor Theme with Change in System Theme?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Change the Cursor Theme with Change in System Theme?: I am a Windows 11 UserI use Auto Dark Mode App to switch between light and dark mode automatically. What I want is, with the change in the System theme from light to dark, it should automatically change the Cursor theme too. Is there a way to do so?Also I use an App called...
  4. Change theme in Mahjong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change theme in Mahjong: Had to reinstall microsoft mahjong but wish to reinstate the tile design I had before. How do I do that? Suggestions about F5 do not bring up the option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-theme-in-mahjong/a0c22354-78b7-4bb4-bd2d-dbe8279e0a1e
  5. Australis theme for firefox?

in Browsers and Email
    Australis theme for firefox?: Has anyone had any luck getting the old australis theme to work with the latest version of firefox? 183058
  6. Changing icons with theme?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing icons with theme?: So, I know it's possible to tie desktop icons to a theme - such as recycling bin, etc. However, I'm wondering if there's a way to tie all icons to a theme? Folders on the desktop, applications pinned to the taskbar, etc. Essentially what I'm attempting to do is make a 'day'...
  7. Firefox with Classic Theme

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox with Classic Theme: Firefox with Classic Theme Classic Theme Restorer was developed as a direct response to Mozilla refreshing Firefox with the Australis theme release in Firefox 29. Someone called Aris developed the "Classic Theme Restorer for Firefox". Unfortunately "Classic Theme Restorer”...
  8. Color changing theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color changing theme: I was wondering if there anyway to change the colors on specific apps on windows 10. I already know that you can change the entire theme color to something, but what about specific apps like how microsoft edge has a blue color and how microsoft news has a red background...
  9. Spontaneous Theme Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spontaneous Theme Change: Over the last few months, Windows 10 has been creating a new unsaved theme and making it current, overriding my preferred theme. I can switch back to my preferred theme and delete the spontaneously-created one, but it's really annoying as it sometimes happens several times...
  10. Change Homepage in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Homepage in Firefox: How to: Change Homepage in Firefox How to Change Homepage in Firefox in Windows The homepage in Firefox is what you see when you open Firefox, open new windows, or click/tap on the Home button [img] in Firefox. You can select to have your homepage be Firefox Home...