Windows 10: Change to a New Administrator Account

Discus and support Change to a New Administrator Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have purchased a laptop from a friend. Just prior to my purchase Windows 10 got loaded. The compter has one account which is an administrator... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by grandpavic, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Change to a New Administrator Account

I have purchased a laptop from a friend. Just prior to my purchase Windows 10 got loaded. The compter has one account which is an administrator account. I think that the same account information is used as a login to Microsoft. I would like to remove the account and substitute my own administrator account. How do I do that.

Thanks for you help.

:)

grandpavic, Dec 18, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

How to change from a user account to administrator

Sign out from your User account.

Sign in to your Administrator account.

BulldogXX, Dec 18, 2015
  3. How to change from a user account to administrator

Original Title: graham es

how to change from a user account to administrator

grahamsenior, Dec 18, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Change to a New Administrator Account

Here's what you need to do:
    • Sign in to current admin account
    • Create a new user account for yourself (tutorial)
    • Change the new user account's account type to administrator (tutorial)
    • Sign out from the old admin account
    • Sign in to your new admin account
    • Delete the old admin account (tutorial)

5. Thank you. I actually figured this out myself!!

grandpavic, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Change to a New Administrator Account

1. Change to a New Administrator Account - Similar Threads - Change Administrator Account

2. Changing guest account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing guest account to administrator account: Hi thereI am unable to use administrator settings even though I am using the only account on my computer which is considered a guest account. I got typing in Windows Run: "netplwiz" and changing my account permissions to "Device Owner"Now I cannot reset the computer or use...
  3. Changing guest account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing guest account to administrator account: Hi thereI am unable to use administrator settings even though I am using the only account on my computer which is considered a guest account. I got typing in Windows Run: "netplwiz" and changing my account permissions to "Device Owner"Now I cannot reset the computer or use...
  4. Changing guest account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing of administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing of administrator account: recently i bought a laptop where at the store they made me knew microsoft id for activation of microsoft office home and student. but when i went into settings i wanted to change my administrator id but could not find any option. please help me how to change administrator id....
  6. Changing of administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing of administrator account: recently i bought a laptop where at the store they made me knew microsoft id for activation of microsoft office home and student. but when i went into settings i wanted to change my administrator id but could not find any option. please help me how to change administrator id....
  7. Changing Account to be Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Account to be Administrator: After changing my account to be the administrator it still does NOT work I still need permission to delete files. What gives? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-account-to-be-administrator/dcfe4257-6f20-4915-bc9c-9b168699d634
  8. Change Administrator Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change Administrator Account: How do I change the Administrator on my 'New' PC? I want it to be the same as on my other, 'Old' PC. this will enable to Sync the two PCs. I am the sole user on both PCs. Thank you. [Original Title: Administrator change.]...
  9. Changing Administrator Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changing Administrator Account: I have a bit of a dilemma. I purchased a new laptop last year while I was teaching at a university. I initially set up my administrator account through my university account since it used Office 365. I subsequently left the university and, since I had been using a PIN to...
  10. changing standard account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    changing standard account to administrator account: by mistakely I have changed administrator account to standard account please help me to solve problem I cant finding any solutions for this...