Windows 10: Change Turn off Display after Time in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Turn off Display after Time in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Turn off Display after Time in Windows 10 How to Change Turn Off Display After Time in Windows 10 You can specify how long your PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Turn off Display after Time in Windows 10

How to: Change Turn off Display after Time in Windows 10

How to Change Turn Off Display After Time in Windows 10

You can specify how long your PC is inactive before all your connected displays turn off.

When your display turns off, you would just need to move the mouse, touch the touchpad or touchscreen, click a mouse or touchpad button, or press a key for the display to turn back on.

This tutorial will show you how to specify how long your PC is inactive before your display turns off automatically in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Change Turn Off Display After Time in Settings
    • Option Two: To Change Turn Off Display After Time in Power Plan Settings
    • Option Three: To Change Turn Off Display After Time in Advanced Power Plan Settings
    • Option Four: To Change Turn Off Display After Time in Command Prompt

OPTION ONE [/i] To Change Turn Off Display After Time in Settings

*note This will change the settings in your currently selected default power plan.
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Power & sleep on the left side, and select how many minutes you want to turn off the display(s) under Screen on the right side. (see screenshot below)

*note If you PC doesn't have battery power, then you will only see one option.

Change Turn off Display after Time in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Change Turn Off Display After Time in Power Plan Settings
    1. Open your power plan settings.

2. To the right of Turn off the display, select how many minutes you want to turn off the display(s), and click/tap on Save changes when finished. (see screenshot below)

If you do not want your displays to turn off, then select Never.

3. When finished, you can close Power Options if you like.

OPTION THREE [/i] To Change Turn Off Display After Time in Advanced Power Plan Settings
    1. Open your advanced power plan settings.

2. Scroll down and expand Display and Turn off display after. Select or enter how many minutes you want to turn off the display(s), and click/tap on OK when finished. (see screenshot below)

If you do not want your displays to turn off, then select Never.

3. When finished, you can close Power Options if you like.

OPTION FOUR [/i] To Change Turn Off Display After Time in Command Prompt
    1. Open a command prompt.

2. Enter the command(s) below you want to use into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshots below)

(On battery)
    *Arrow powercfg /SETDCVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT 7516b95f-f776-4464-8c53-06167f40cc99 3c0bc021-c8a8-4e07-a973-6b14cbcb2b7e <seconds>

AND/OR

(Plugged in)
    *Arrow powercfg /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT 7516b95f-f776-4464-8c53-06167f40cc99 3c0bc021-c8a8-4e07-a973-6b14cbcb2b7e <seconds>

*note Substitute <seconds> in the commands above with how many seconds you want to turn off display after.

Using 0 (zero) seconds will be the same as "Never".

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 11, 2016

2. Display won't turn off after specified time

Hi Sergio,

There is an option in the Windows operating system to manage the display settings so you can put the display to sleep. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click Start, type power options and press
      Enter
    • Click Change plan settings of your current preferred plan.
    • Select your preferred time under Turn off the display and click
      Save changes.
    Let us know if you have any other questions.

Kristoffer Abs, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Oct 26, 2019
  4. jorog(2) Win User

Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Just did all the suggestions. Did not work. Display does not turn off.

This issue was from the beginning when I downloaded Win 10. I had Win 8.1 and the display always turned off as I set it.

My pc is HP Pavilion Touchsmart 23 all-in-one. According to "checking for updated drivers on display and monitors", I always get the response that the drivers currently installed are the correct ones.

jorog(2), Oct 26, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    Change Lock Screen Display Off Timeout in Windows 10

It won't send you to the lock screen when the timeout has been reached.

Console lock display off timeout is the amount of minutes Windows will wait idle with no activity while on the lock screen when a user locks the computer before timing out and automatically turning off the display.

You might see if these below may be turning off the display instead.

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Display orientation has changed in Windows 10.

Hi,

I would like to inform you that this issue might arise due to the change in the orientation settings in Windows 10 Operating system. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Display.
    • Select Display settings from the list of results.
    • Now choose an orientation to landscape and check if that helps.

Or you may try resizing the windows by pressing
    CTRL + ALT + Up Arrow.

Hope the information helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Change Turn off Display after Time in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Turn off

2. Problems after Windows turns the Displays off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problems after Windows turns the Displays off: Hi everyone,after trying to fix this problem for ages now, I'd like to ask for some help.If Windows turns of the Display-Output after a configured amount of time, as soon as I start to use the PC again, it turns on, but the Output freezes.So I basically cannot move my mouse...
  3. Display not turning off automatically at specified time

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display not turning off automatically at specified time: Hi, I am on [Version 10.0.19042.867]. This has recently started. Dispay does not turn off at all. If I go to the Power and Sleep options and specify the time, it works for the session. But the setting goes off after restart. Has anybody faced a similar situation?...
  4. Display not turning off automatically at specified time

in Windows 10 Support
    Display not turning off automatically at specified time: Hi, I am on [Version 10.0.19042.867]. This has recently started. Dispay does not turn off at all. If I go to the Power and Sleep options and specify the time, it works for the session. But the setting goes off after restart. Has anybody faced a similar situation?...
  5. Turning the displays off after locking windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning the displays off after locking windows?: Every time I lock my computer, my 3 monitors will always stay on. I even set it up so pressing the power button will turn off the displays, but after a second they all just turn back on. Is there a way to keep suspend my monitors after locking my computer? I'd rather not...
  6. Windows 10 Keeps changing the turn off display setting

Windows 10 Keeps changing the turn off display setting: Ok so I keep changing my setting in power settings to never turn off my display and never go to sleep. This is a desktop. I have done a bunch of research online and I can't find anything that helps. I really don't want to have to re-install windows, but IDK what else to do. I...
  7. Turning off the display changes by itself!

Turning off the display changes by itself!: Hello I set turn off the display after 10 minutes But it changes from itself and becomes an hour! This is very annoying How can I stop time changes?...
  8. Display won't turn off after any amount of time

Display won't turn off after any amount of time: I want my PC to not go to sleep, but I do want the monitor to just turn off after ten minutes of idling or however long amount of time. No screen saver Sleep after: never Allow hybrid sleep: no Hibernate after: never Allow wake timers: enable Turn off display after: (any...
  9. Display won't turn off after specified time?

Display won't turn off after specified time?: My display won't turn off after specified time. I've tried many solutions given online, I've also tried troubleshooting it and it didn't do anything. Everything worked fine until I turned off my computer yesterday and back on, and it ran some updates. Very disappointed in...
  10. Time to turn off display not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Time to turn off display not working.: I noticed my power options only seem to work once. If i go into power settings and set it to turn the monitor off in 1 hour it will work. Once i move the mouse and turn it back on it wont work a 2nd time until i change the time to a different number like 45min. Anyone else...