Windows 10: Change user name created automatically during clean install

Discus and support Change user name created automatically during clean install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have done a clean install of Win10 to a new SSD on my laptop. I was not given an opportunity to enter a username and I now see that the username that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AngusT_Hg, Jul 30, 2018.

1. AngusT_Hg Win User

Change user name created automatically during clean install

I have done a clean install of Win10 to a new SSD on my laptop. I was not given an opportunity to enter a username and I now see that the username that install created is not correct. How do I change it?

:)

AngusT_Hg, Jul 30, 2018

2. How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Martmcd Win User
    How to change the name of the user

You cant reply to the automated email, it is just notifying you that a thread has a response.

going back to your original post.

when you create a new user, windows creates folders under the c:\Users directory with the account name (ie Geoff) if you rename the user, although the new name is shown on login etc the directory names don't change.

the easiest way to get rid of Geoff is to -

• change the username to something else (or back to Geoff)
    • create a new user with your name
    • copy all your documents, photos, videos etc. from Geoff to your new user
    • delete the Geoff user account and remove folders etc.
    this can all be done in user accounts as suggested by Ruth

Martmcd, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Change user name created automatically during clean install

user name change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Press Windows + X key.

• Click on control panel.

• Click on user accounts.

• Click on change your account name.
    Change the name as per your according and restart the computer.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

Change user name created automatically during clean install

1. Change user name created automatically during clean install - Similar Threads - Change user name

2. Clean install Win 10 with no user name.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install Win 10 with no user name.: I'm giving my old PC to my daughter and would like to do a clean install of W10 Home 1909. I have a copy of it on USB and I've installed Windows many times before. My question is I don't want the copy to have my name on it. Will it add my name because I'm guessing I will...
  3. Computer Name Change Creating Additional User Account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Name Change Creating Additional User Account: I changed my computer name so I'd be able to recognize it in a list of other computers. Now there are two users of my same name and it tries to automatically log in to the new one on startup, but says I have an incorrect password. I have no clue what that password might be,...
  4. Automatic user name entery

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Automatic user name entery: How to automatically enter user name in header or footer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-user-name-entery/2b287fe4-e18a-4d67-801c-84fd2aab1c21"
  5. Computer Name change after Clean Install

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Name change after Clean Install: Just 'Clean Installed' my system - mainly to resolve the integrity issues being reported when I ran sfc /scannow. Seems to have resolved the issue as those integrity issues are now no longer being reported. Now running at Win 10 Pro 64-bit, V1903 b18362.449 My 'Computer...
  6. Change user name and user folder name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change user name and user folder name: My Lenovo/Windows setup has chosen a stupid user name for me, shortened from the first letters of my MS account ID. How do I safely change my user name on my PC, and more importantly, my c:\users\user folder name whilst maintaining my Windows account name for logging in etc?...
  7. CHANGING USER NAMES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CHANGING USER NAMES: Am using Windows 10 on two different laptops which, when in use are logged into the same MS account. I have a particular piece of software on each laptop where I want to set the backup path to my OneDrive, however, the path on each laptop differs slightly, as follows:...
  8. Clean install, wrong user name

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean install, wrong user name: I just did a clean install from ISO, The name MS assigned to my username was the first 5 characters of my email account! Not OK! It used to be whatever nickname (i.e. shortname) I had chosen. What gives? 4829
  9. 4 Partions created during clean install - any workaround?

4 Partions created during clean install - any workaround?: As the title say, is there any workaround to avoid creating 4 different partitions during a clean install of Windows 10? Here is a sample of what I mean: [img=http://s3.postimg.org/z5xv300xb/IMG_20151223_214201226.jpg] I think one is necessary and unavoidable (the MSR...
  10. Changed user folder name on clean install

Changed user folder name on clean install: Hi Has anyone else had the clean option, drop the last character of their user folder during the install? Example, my user folder was called Julian on 8.1 Therefore c:\Users\Julian\Desktop blah blah blah.... Well now its c:\users\julia\xxxxxxx Somewhat annoying......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 user change during instalation