Windows 10: Change version from Win10 Ent N LTSB 10 to PRO or Home

Discus and support Change version from Win10 Ent N LTSB 10 to PRO or Home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I bought a laptop on the cheap from ebay (an older HP Elitebook Folio 9480m) and it obviously was in an enterprise. The Windows version is N LTSB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mjw1964, Mar 28, 2018.

1. mjw1964 Win User

Change version from Win10 Ent N LTSB 10 to PRO or Home

So I bought a laptop on the cheap from ebay (an older HP Elitebook Folio 9480m) and it obviously was in an enterprise. The Windows version is N LTSB 2016.

What's the simplest way to change to different version--home or pro?

:)

mjw1964, Mar 28, 2018
  2. caifcmrd Win User

windows 10 Driver digital signature

Is the driver' digital signarure(usb interface hardware) the same between

Win10 IoT Ent LTSB 2016 Value version and Win10 IoT Ent LTSB 2016 High End version.

caifcmrd, Mar 28, 2018
  3. joselso Win User
    Seeking advice on obtaining Win10 Enterprise LTSB-N version

I intend to install Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB-N version on my existing workstation, as a separate Operating System (not an upgrade).

A local Microsoft Partner is offering me to purchase the following two Items, that together will form Windows 10 Enterprise:

1. WIN ENT SNGL SA OLP NL (Software Assurance Open License)

2. Win Pro 10 64Bit fpp 1 lic (Full Packaged Product) (Retail media)

Will I be able to establish from these two Items the required LTSB-N version by installing from the media product?

Or, after purchasing these Items should I also download the LTSB-N version from some Microsoft website (where?) and install that version?

If so, which Product Code will enable me to activate the downloaded LTSB-N software on my workstation? Will I be able to use the above two Items to do this activation?

Please advise.

joselso, Mar 28, 2018
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Mar 28, 2018
  5. mjw1964 Win User
    There is a Windows 10 Pro key stored there and an OEM Windows 8.1 key there. I tried using the Windows 10 Pro key to activate, but of course it's tied to the organization's activation server that it came from.

mjw1964, Mar 28, 2018
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Then if you do a clean install by booting the computer from a Windows 10 USB flash drive or DVD, it will read that product key and install the matching version of Windows 10 and activate it based on the product key in BIOS/UEFI.

NavyLCDR, Mar 28, 2018
  7. 85rx7se Win User
    You can try the information listed below: .. from this link:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...9-0e47206b7f7d

You can try the following:

• Open Registry Editor(WIN + R, type regedit, hit Enter)
    • Browse to key HKEY_Local Machine > Software > Microsoft > Windows NT > CurrentVersion
    • Change EditionID to Pro (double click EditionID, change value, click OK). In your case it should at the moment show Enterprise
    • Change ProductName to Windows 10 Pro. In your case it should at the moment show Windows 10 Professional
    • Browse to key HKEY_Local Machine > Software > Wow6432Node > Microsoft > Windows NT > CurrentVersion, change the same two values as in steps 3 and 4 above
    • Close the Registry Editor
    • Insert the Windows 10 Proinstallation media, do an in-place upgrade by launching the setup from desktop (not booting with Windows 10 Pro install media)
    • When asked, enter your validWindows 10 Pro product key and select what to keep(settings, personal files and apps, only personal files or nothing)
    • Windows 10 Pro in-place upgrade will be done now.

85rx7se, Mar 28, 2018
  8. cereberus Win User

OP is running a N version - OP would need to use a N version or else it will just remove everything making this pointless.

cereberus, Mar 28, 2018
  9. 85rx7se Win User
    Should not matter. What is important here is which Registry Key Values to change to the version he wants to install. Once he does that, just do a repair install using media for the version he wants to use.

85rx7se, Mar 28, 2018
  10. cereberus Win User
    I am positive it will screw up. N versions are just not compatible with non N versions. OP should make an image backup first just in case it does not work.

cereberus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Change version from Win10 Ent N LTSB 10 to PRO or Home - Similar Threads - Change version Win10

2. win10 pro upgrade from win10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 pro upgrade from win10 home: I'm upgrading my home edition to pro which I have done before with other win10 home pc's, don't need or want the hassle of a new install. I got a win10 pro, its the full pkg, with an install cd. first I did the change key with the generic win 10 pro key, reboot, and then...
  3. Upgrade from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

Upgrade from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: I just completed an upgrade from Win10 Home to Pro. I paid $99 to do this.Everything seemed to be going well, but right at the end, the upgrade terminated giving me an error 0X80070005. My PC was "frozen," so I rebooted.On the reboot, the system went through several rounds of...
  4. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home N to Windows 10 PRO N

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Home N to Windows 10 PRO N: Hello, I try to upgrade from Home N to Pro N. I go to Microsoft store as indicated in the Activation window and got what seems to be an "error" message : "You're running Windows 10 Home N and you're all set" No, I'm not all set, I want to upgrade to Pro N. and not...
  5. change from windows 10 pro n installation to windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    change from windows 10 pro n installation to windows 10 home: Hi, I installed windows 10 on a pc I just built. The key I used for windows 10 pro n must not have been a good one, because it says I need to activate it, but I can't, there is simply the message of "we can't activate windows on this device as we can't connect to your...
  6. Win10 Ent 2016 LTSB v1607

Win10 Ent 2016 LTSB v1607: KB4516061 caused an issue last week with printing (specifically with HP Laserjet M118dw) at multiple locations. Uninstalled and problem went away. Now KB4524152 appears to have caused the same issue again. First error "Function Discovery Print Provider DLL has stopping...
  7. Conversion from 10 Ent to 10 Pro

Conversion from 10 Ent to 10 Pro: I have Win 10 Enterprise (not a trial) on my laptop. How do I convert to 10 Pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/conversion-from-10-ent-to-10-pro/985179a1-fb1c-45d4-abe7-69ec4e03d260
  8. Win10 Ent LTSB (1607) Minimize Startup, eliminate "idle" prior to app

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 Ent LTSB (1607) Minimize Startup, eliminate "idle" prior to app: Hello, I'm looking for pointers, advise, help, minimizing the Windows 10 boot time and eliminating an idle window between desktop launch and start of an application. Setup Hardware: Intel E3950 (1.6Ghz, 4 cores) 2x 4GB memory Samsung SATA SSD Two custom PCIe devices...
  9. Upgrade from Pro "N" version to full Pro

Upgrade from Pro "N" version to full Pro: I have three machines, one running W10 Pro and the other the "N" version, and a notebook running W10 Home. With the anniversary update coming out, it's going to be a hassle to have to get three different ISOs or let each version download it's own particular update version. I...
  10. Downgrade from Win10 Pro to Win10 Home

Downgrade from Win10 Pro to Win10 Home: Hi all, Just some kind of confirmation/affirmation to be honest here. I have recently acquired a Surface Pro 3 (i5-256GB model), had Win8, promptly upgraded to Win10. However after playing a while I found a few of the 'Pro' features an... annoyance... and nothing I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. changer version win10

2. change windows 10 LTSB to PRO versions

3. change windsows 10 from LTSB to pro

4. change windows 10 ltsb to pro,
  5. hot to change ltsb to pro,
  6. uppgradera win10 ltsb till win10 ent