Windows 10: Change? When selecting program to bring to front, cursor now moves?

Discus and support Change? When selecting program to bring to front, cursor now moves? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I hope I can explain this well in text... But the way it used to be: When I clicked back to a document from another program, (Word vs pdf file or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JenPea2018, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Change? When selecting program to bring to front, cursor now moves?

I hope I can explain this well in text...

But the way it used to be: When I clicked back to a document from another program, (Word vs pdf file or website, etc) clicking anywhere on the file just brought it to the "front" but the cursor remained in the previously left spot in the document.

Now: When I click on the document/file after being in another document (web browser, pdf, etc), the cursor jumps to where I click.

In other words, when I click on a Word document to bring it back to the front thing I'm working on after looking at a pdf file next to it, instead of the click just activating it and bringing it to the current "working on" document (but not adjusting the cursor location), it also is moving the cursor to the place I click.

So let's say I was typing a letter but needed to reference something from a pdf so I click on the pdf, scroll, find my info, then I click back on the Word document. It used to be that no matter where I clicked on the Word document, it just brought it back to the front but over the last few days it is also moving the cursor to where I clicked (vs. leaving it where it was).

I'm assuming this changed in a recent update? Has anyone else had this happen? Is there a workaround besides me reprogramming my clicking habit to the top bar to try to avoid cursor movement?

Thank you in advance!

Jen

:)

JenPea2018, Aug 24, 2018
  2. DavidY Win User

How to restore offscreen VLC?

If I've understood the problem correctly(?), you might try this:
    • Open VLC and select it in the taskbar so it is the currently selected application (even though you can't see it)
    • Let go of the mouse and be careful not to move it until step 6
    • Use the Alt-Spacebar key combination
    • There should be a little pop-up menu which appears. If 'Move' is an option, use the downward cursor/arrow key to select it and press enter. If 'Restore' is an option, select that option with the cursor keys, press Enter and go back to step 3
    • Once you've selected Move, be careful to not move the mouse. Instead, hit one of the cursor/arrow keys (left/right/up/down) a couple of times
    • *Then* move the mouse. With any luck the VLC window should come into view and you can re-position it.

DavidY, Aug 24, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 24, 2018
  4. Arnie Est Win User

Change? When selecting program to bring to front, cursor now moves?

Is there a key to delete character ahead of the cursor?

Hello Stephen,

As of the moment, deleting the characters next to the cursor is unavailable. You can only delete characters by moving the cursor to the right side. You can always send a suggestion via Feedback Hub app so that it can be added or included on the next update.

To send a feedback on your phone, you can follow the steps below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details of the feature you want to be added on Windows phone.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need more help, feel free to ask the Community.

Arnie Est, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

Change? When selecting program to bring to front, cursor now moves?

1. Change? When selecting program to bring to front, cursor now moves? - Similar Threads - Change selecting program

2. In the MFC application, the mouse cursor moves to the wrong position when selecting...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    In the MFC application, the mouse cursor moves to the wrong position when selecting...: Hi Everyone, We are experiencing an issue with the MFC ListView control with Marquee selection on both Windows 10 client and Windows Server 2019 machines whereas it is working as expected on older versionsMicrosoft server 2016. The issue is that while trying to select...
  3. Audio changes volume when changing what window is in front/selected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio changes volume when changing what window is in front/selected.: I've done just about everything to troubleshoot the problem, but Windows 10 keeps changing the volume when I change the window that is in front or selected.Ex. I'll be watching YouTube, then I'll open another window next to my screen, and then the volume for YouTube or...
  4. Audio changes volume when changing what window is in front/selected.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio changes volume when changing what window is in front/selected.: I've done just about everything to troubleshoot the problem, but Windows 10 keeps changing the volume when I change the window that is in front or selected.Ex. I'll be watching YouTube, then I'll open another window next to my screen, and then the volume for YouTube or...
  5. Audio changes volume when changing what window is in front/selected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. When I move my cursor it automatically brings me to the page I was on last.

When I move my cursor it automatically brings me to the page I was on last.: This gets annoying and, I tried every solution. Now I don’t know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-move-my-cursor-it-automatically-brings-me/f0722f41-b96b-440e-9553-bc3093ff5f58
  7. Cursor moves when it shouldn't

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor moves when it shouldn't: On my laptop with Windows 10, the cursor sometimes moves to the location of the mouse pointer. It behaves like I'm accidently hitting a hot key to cause the move. I've researched Windows 10 hotkeys, but can't find one that makes this move. The problem does not happen on my...
  8. Bring window to front without focussing on it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bring window to front without focussing on it?: I am trying to find a way to bring a program to the front of my desktop (Xbox app) without taking focus away from another window (mouse-Xbox adapter). Either that or a way to minimise windows without losing focus. Currently I can full screen the Xbox app on my main monitor,...
  9. Font size changes when moving cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font size changes when moving cursor: I installed an update of WIndows a week ago and I had to modify a few things to keep folders and other things as I want. But a new problem is occurring regularly when I move my cursor (using a touch pad) across a window on the screen. Sometimes the size of the text in the...
  10. Cannot bring some apps to the front

Cannot bring some apps to the front: This started this morning. Running Windows 10 Pro. I can run the browser (Chrome), luckily. Word also. But I cannot most other apps (I think), like WinSCP, but not Calc, not Notepad++, not Notepad. If I try to run Calc, it loads in the task try and if I hover the mouse over...