Windows 10: change wifi channel

Discus and support change wifi channel in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; can anyone guide me on how to change my wifi channel from 1 to something else?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NancyEvans3, Aug 11, 2018.

1. change wifi channel

can anyone guide me on how to change my wifi channel from 1 to something else?

:)

NancyEvans3, Aug 11, 2018

2. Change WiFi channel number for Internet sharing Hotspot

Hi everybody

Does anybody know about how to change the WiFi channel for Internet connection sharing ? (On Windows Phone 10). It becomes a real problem since 4G networks are becoming faster than WiFi integrated chipsets, so with a wrong/busy channel around, today it's
    not even possible anymore to have the optimized WiFi bandwidth everywhere.

Once I had 9MB/s (yes, megabytes !) on the Lumia 640 but only 3MB/s on the computer because of the busy WiFi channel around... ! Not really bad but disappointing to be sure that WiFi would have been better on another channel than 11.

Thank you in advance !

OctocrobePigloo, Aug 11, 2018
  3. My laptop does not detect my wifi after I change wifi channel from 11 to Auto? How to fix this?

Dear Experts,

I want to change my wifi channel to auto for better connection. but after i do this, my wifi disappears from the wifi list on my laptop. However my smartphone still can connect normally and the speed is fast. I interfere into the setting in my laptop but
    nothing works. Finally I have to restore the channel to 11 as previous state and my laptops detects it. What is the problem and how I can have my laptop connect to auto channel?

Wilson20072000, Aug 11, 2018
  4. Shilohbob Win User

change wifi channel

Wifi channel

Hi, Lacrumb

Q1; After finding what the channel is how do I get the computer to use that channel? I do not have an Auto on the Router.

Q2:; I have a Netgear router, N750 WiFi Router, model WNDR4300

Q3; Some of my laptops connect at 5Ghz and others connect at 2.4Ghz. How can I get the ones that connect at 2,4Ghz to connect at 5Ghz.

Q4: Is there a way to put the channel in the computer?

We are actually hijacking the original post, but some of the info will assist the original poster.

Q;1, 2 & 4;

The channel setting is a router setting not OS, so it can not be stored on the computer, you Wireless setting page, should look something like the image below, the channel can be selected for each band in the relevant 'Channel' setting ( use arrow to change
    channel) - then select 'Apply'.

The image is a copy of the relevant page of the manual for your router - Note; Before making any changes ensure you copy the current settings. Not all routers have a channel 'Auto' selection.

Link to manual below:

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WNDR4300v2/WNDR4300v2_UM_23dec2014.pdf

change wifi channel [​IMG]

Q3;

On your laptops you can select which WiFi band to use (2.4 or 5GHz), by selecting 'Notification' icon on taskbar > select 'Network' and it should show list of networks available - see insert below;

The top one is my 5GHz network & the one below the 2.4GHz.

If you L/click on the required network, you will have the option to 'Connect' or Disconnect" - after making choice close 'Notification'

WiFi should be 'On' to carryout these actiions>

I hope the info / answers assist you with your router settings.

change wifi channel 803f89b0-adc6-404f-99f4-15dbe499ee05.png

Shilohbob, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

change wifi channel

1. change wifi channel - Similar Threads - change wifi channel

2. canary channel change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    canary channel change: i want to change from canary channel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canary-channel-change/bfd09bda-0ab6-4ad3-97e5-410b55097007
  3. canary channel change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    canary channel change: i want to change from canary channel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canary-channel-change/bfd09bda-0ab6-4ad3-97e5-410b55097007
  4. How to change the transmission channel of 5GHz wifi?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the transmission channel of 5GHz wifi?: Good afternoon. I have at my disposal a computer with an intel ax 210 network card, a laptop with an intel ax 201 network card. due to the large number of neighbors, I can’t create a 5GHz Wi-Fi hotspot. The operating system reports that the specified range is not available....
  5. How to change the transmission channel of 5GHz wifi?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the transmission channel of 5GHz wifi?: Good afternoon. I have at my disposal a computer with an intel ax 210 network card, a laptop with an intel ax 201 network card. due to the large number of neighbors, I can’t create a 5GHz Wi-Fi hotspot. The operating system reports that the specified range is not available....
  6. Network Channel for Mobile WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Channel for Mobile WiFi: So i use my Samsung Note 10+ to hotspot an internet connection for my W10 Laptop. The speed is beyond slow, all my provider says is it's 'within range', but refuses to tell me what the range is. The max the phone can roam to is 4GX / LTE. After doing some research I've...
  7. change internet channel

change internet channel: how do i change rcn's default internet channel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-internet-channel/1801f0a8-c3fa-42a4-8787-5ab2755e3181
  8. WIFI Channel Selection ?

WIFI Channel Selection ?: Anybody know who controls the WIFI channel that gets used when a device connects to the Router ? The reason I ask, about a week ago, my laptop which only has WIFI, has had instability in maintaining a connection. It drops out, resets itself and reconnects constantly. The...
  9. Connecting to specific WiFi channel?

Connecting to specific WiFi channel?: How do I connect to a specific channel of a WiFi network? thanks... -k https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-to-specific-wifi-channel/0eca0764-0c99-41cf-a436-3b8b3ad351a8
  10. Changing the wifi channel of a adhoc windows 10 hosted network

Changing the wifi channel of a adhoc windows 10 hosted network: I have created a ad-hoc network from windows 10, I have been using it for almost a year with no complications. Recently I bought a cheap laptop and installed cloudready, for some reason it can't recognize wireless channel 1 but can recognize 6. So I wanted to change the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change wireless channel on a windows phone