Windows 10: Change Windows 10 Startup Sound To My Own Wav File

Discus and support Change Windows 10 Startup Sound To My Own Wav File in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been trying to change Windows 10 startup sound to a Wav file I have. I have gone into "sounds" and selected "Sound Scheme" Windows default. Then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Landngroove, May 21, 2016.

1. Change Windows 10 Startup Sound To My Own Wav File

I have been trying to change Windows 10 startup sound to a Wav file I have. I have gone into "sounds" and selected "Sound Scheme" Windows default. Then under "Program Events" selected "System notification". Then under "Sounds" selected "Wiondows Startup". Also tried "Windows Logon". I went to browse, and selected my Wav file, tested it, and it played. Then went to apply, and O.K. Now when I start, I still get the Default Windows 10 startup sound. There must be a way to change the startup sound.

:)

Landngroove, May 21, 2016
  2. wfsCA Win User

Is there a way to customize my start up sound?

I have performed the above registry operations but I do not hear any sound when I log off or log back on again. Other sounds do work. I can listen to music and talk to Cortana just fine.

Suggestions are welcome. A Google search tells me I need a third-party program, Change Startup Sound, to get my own WAV file to play at start up. This WAV file plays just fine when I test it in Control Panel. Control Panel says that this WAV file is indeed
    my startup sound. It worked just fine in my old XP machine but has not worked on my Windows 8/8.1 machine either before or after I upgraded it to Windows 10.

Further suggestions are appreciated.

Edit: I turned the computer completely off, then turned it on again a minute later. Still no startup sound.

Bill Sharpe

wfsCA, May 21, 2016
  3. Windows Startup.wav

In Sounds, (my) sound scheme (my sound wav),is not present on the list in program events!

In play windows startup sound the Sounds box is greyed out!

text in box is (None)

Have used browse selected my own wav, clicked test, and apply.

My wav plays

However on rebooting No sound at all it reverts back to greyed out box status

Thank you for assisting me.

John Donaghan, May 21, 2016
  4. shimshom Win User

Change Windows 10 Startup Sound To My Own Wav File

shimshom, May 21, 2016
  5. Thanks for the reply. I will give this a try.

Landngroove, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Change Windows 10 Startup Sound To My Own Wav File

1. Change Windows 10 Startup Sound To My Own Wav File - Similar Threads - Change Startup Sound

2. Change the Windows startup sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the Windows startup sound: Hello,I just got a new laptop with Windows 11. While trying to personalize it, I keep running into a roadblock. One of the things I have always been able to do is to change the sound that plays when Windows starts. I cannot get that to happen with Windows 11. Under the sound...
  3. Change the Windows startup sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the Windows startup sound: Hello,I just got a new laptop with Windows 11. While trying to personalize it, I keep running into a roadblock. One of the things I have always been able to do is to change the sound that plays when Windows starts. I cannot get that to happen with Windows 11. Under the sound...
  4. Changing Startup Sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Startup Sound: I have navigated myself to the System32 file and found the imageres.dll however, when i open the copied file in resourcehacker, the file doesnt show me the expanded version such as the wave. how can i allow this to be modified?...
  5. Windows 10 startup sound not changing

Windows 10 startup sound not changing: I'm trying to change the startup sound on my Windows 10 PC but it keeps playing the default sound even after changing it. I went into Registry Editor and changed ExcludeFromCPL value data to 0 on both WindowsLogon and WindowsLogoff. Then, I went into change system sounds,...
  6. Change Windows 10 startup sound?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Windows 10 startup sound?: Im trying to change the startup sound on my wife's Windows 10 computer. This used to be easy as I could just go into the Sound Panel and just replace the .wav file for windows startup. Not anymore. I looked up how to do it and found this - see below - and have done...
  7. play WAV file with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    play WAV file with Windows 10: Ive tried Windows Media Player, Groovie and VLC. All of them give me errors when I try to play an audio .wav file. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-wav-file-with-windows-10/3dfe3b5d-82cf-4b80-8d00-ec3916db05d6
  8. No sound when playing old .WAV files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound when playing old .WAV files: I have a CD with WAV files on it which are dated in 1994. When I go to play them using Groove or WMP they look like they are playing but produce no sound. These sound files used to play long ago (I don't remember when). Other WAV files ripped from music CDs work OK. Any...
  9. startup and shutdown .wav sounds in Windows 10?

startup and shutdown .wav sounds in Windows 10?: Despite finding the questions asked over and over and from every angle, I have yet to find an answer to the question of why we no longer have startup and shutdown sounds available in windows 10....
  10. Change Windows Startup Sound in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Windows Startup Sound in Windows 10: How to: Change Windows Startup Sound in Windows 10 How to Change Startup Sound in Windows 10 Windows 10 can play a sound at startup to let you know it's loaded and ready. This tutorial will show you how to change the Windows Startup sound to play a WAV file you want...