Windows 10: Change Windows Error Problem Reporting Settings in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Windows Error Problem Reporting Settings in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Windows Error Problem Reporting Settings in Windows 10 How to Change Windows Error Problem Reporting Settings in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 5, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Windows Error Problem Reporting Settings in Windows 10

How to: Change Windows Error Problem Reporting Settings in Windows 10

How to Change Windows Error Problem Reporting Settings in Windows 10

Windows Error Reporting (WER) is a flexible event-based feedback infrastructure designed to gather information about the hardware and software problems that Windows can detect, report the information to Microsoft, and provide users with any available solutions.

Problem Reporting Settings:
    • Always ask before sending data (Each time a problem occurs, ask me before checking for solutions) - Windows prompts users for consent to send reports.
    • Send parameters (Automatically check for solutions) - Only the minimum data that is required to check for an existing solution is sent automatically, and Windows prompts users for consent to send any additional data that is requested by Microsoft.
    • Send parameters and safe additional data (Automatically check for solutions and send additional report data, if needed) - The minimum data that is required to check for an existing solution, along with data which Windows has determined (within a high probability) does not contain personally-identifiable information is sent automatically, and Windows prompts the user for consent to send any additional data that is requested by Microsoft.
    • Send all data (Automatically check for solutions and send additional report data, if needed) - Any error reporting data requested by Microsoft is sent automatically.
    This tutorial will show you how to change the Windows Error Problem Reporting Settings for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to change the Problem Reporting Settings.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Change Windows Error Problem Reporting Settings in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Change Windows Error Problem Reporting Settings using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Default Problem Reporting Settings

Change Windows Error Problem Reporting Settings in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Change Windows Error Problem Reporting Settings in Local Group Policy Editor

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two below.

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of the Local Group Policy Editor, click/tap on to expand Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, Windows Error Reporting, and Consent. (see screenshot below)

3. In the right pane of Consent, double click/tap on the Configure Default consent policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (default) or step 6 (change) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Use Default Problem Reporting Settings
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Change Problem Reporting Settings
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, select the Consent level you want in the drop menu, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Change Windows Error Problem Reporting Settings using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\Consent

DefaultConsent DWORD

(delete) = Default
    1 = Always ask before sending data
    2 = Send parameters
    3 = Send parameters and safe additional data
    4 = Send all data

1. Do step 2 (Default), step 3 (Always ask before sending data), step 4 (Send parameters), step 5 (Send parameters and safe additional data), or step 6 (Send all data) below for the consent level you want.

2. To Use Default Problem Reporting Settings
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 7 below.

Windows_Error_Reporting_default_settings.reg

Download

3. To Change Problem Reporting Settings to "Always ask before sending data"
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 7 below.

Windows_Error_Reporting_Always_ask_before_sending_data.reg

Download

4. To Change Problem Reporting Settings to "Send parameters"

Windows_Error_Reporting_Send_parameters.reg

Download

5. To Change Problem Reporting Settings to "Send parameters and safe additional data"

Windows_Error_Reporting_Send_parameters_and_safe_additional_data.reg

Download

6. To Change Problem Reporting Settings to "Send all data"

Windows_Error_Reporting_Send_all_data.reg

Download
    7. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

8. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

9. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

10. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, May 5, 2017
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Change Windows Error Problem Reporting Settings in Windows 10

Windows 7 BETA Problem/Bug Report

i get a error saying Invalid syntax
    type ''reg delete /?'' for usage?

any one else having problems close Windows explorer?

Live OR Die, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Privacy tweaks...

• Turn Cortana Off. Bring up the Start menu and start typing. Click on the notebook icon in the left sidebar and choose Settings. From there, you can turn off Cortana.
    • Search online and include web results. When you turn off Cortana, you’ll see this option appear. You can turn it off if you’d rather not get web search suggestions from the Start menu, which log your typing and send it back to Microsoft so you can get live-updating predictions, just like you do on Google.com or in Chrome and Firefox.
    • Getting to Know You. In Settings > Privacy > Speech, Inking, & Typing, you’ll find a feature called “Getting to Know You”. This is probably the most sweeping privacy setting on the system, and even after turning off Cortana, you’ll have to disable this setting. Just click the “Stop Getting to Know Me” button to turn it off.
    • Cloud Info. Turning off Getting to Know You removes info from your device, but you’ll have to remove it from the cloud separately. In that same window, click “Go to Bing and manage personal info for all your devices” to clear the Getting to Know You Data from your Microsoft account.

• If you head to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & Diagnostics, you’ll see two settings:
    • Feedback frequency: Windows will occasionally ask you for feedback so you can send Microsoft your thoughts on Windows 10. If you’d rather it not bug you with such things, you can change it to Never.
    • Diagnostic and usage data: This feature can send a lot of data back to Microsoft, including how often you use certain apps, which apps you use most often, and memory snapshots (which can inadvertently include parts of a document you’re working on if something crashes). You can change this to Full, Enhanced, or Basic. You can read more about what each of these to here.
    Microsoft doesn’t let you turn off diagnostics completely, except on Enterprise versions of Windows. The Basic setting, they say, is data that is “vital to the operation of Windows”, including Windows Update and malicious software protection.

some may be duplicated. I found this info on Lifehacker, if anyone wants the full article.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Change Windows Error Problem Reporting Settings in Windows 10

1. Change Windows Error Problem Reporting Settings in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Error Problem

2. Problem connecting to Windows Error Reporting Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem connecting to Windows Error Reporting Service: Within that message box it also states "Some of the reports could not be uploaded to the Windows Error Reporting Service. Please try again later." I would only like to know if this could be caused by Microsoft is not supporting Windows 7 anymore....
  3. Problem connecting to Windows Error Reporting Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem connecting to Windows Error Reporting Service: Within that message box it also states "Some of the reports could not be uploaded to the Windows Error Reporting Service. Please try again later." I would only like to know if this could be caused by Microsoft is not supporting Windows 7 anymore....
  4. problem connecting to windows error reporting service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem connecting to windows error reporting service: During windows 7 backup recieved error 0x81000037, clicked on checking for a solution and recieved problem connecting to windows error reporting service....
  5. problem connecting to windows error reporting service

problem connecting to windows error reporting service: During windows 7 backup recieved error 0x81000037, clicked on checking for a solution and recieved problem connecting to windows error reporting service....
  6. Windows Reporting Problem

Windows Reporting Problem: I turned on my PC about an hour ago and have been getting this Windows Problem Reporting process and I currently can’t Use my PC at all I’ve searched online to see if I can get some answers but I can’t seem to access and software to see what’s happening....
  7. Windows problem reporting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows problem reporting: For the past 2 days my programs load in but crash a few seconds in so I ran the task manager and it shows windows problem reporting under the programs I try to open , how do I get my programs to work? I tried to disable the windows error reporting service under services but...
  8. Windows problem reports

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows problem reports: Windows update have been broken for two months on my computer. How do I read this reports? I would hope Microsoft would learn something from these reports and send a better update [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows 10 Problem/error reporter

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Problem/error reporter: Hello, recently ive seen windows problem reporter pop up in my process list, using some of my CPU. I disabled it in registery and also in control panel, but the issue still persists. I noticed this issues started happening a few days after I enabled XMP in my mbo settings,...
  10. Windows Problem Reporting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Problem Reporting: Is there a way to disable Windows Problem Reporting (c:\windows\system32\wermgr.exe) for good? It has uploaded over 14GB of data in the last week, and I can't seem to be able to stop that from happening. I already tried doing that in the Settings menu, to no avail....