Windows 10: Change WinKey function

Discus and support Change WinKey function in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In the registry, is it possible to change WinKey+Shift+C to WinKey+C? (Launches Cortana in voice mode.) No, SnapKey is not capable of doing this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by borgus, Aug 26, 2016.

1. borgus Win User

Change WinKey function

In the registry, is it possible to change WinKey+Shift+C to WinKey+C? (Launches Cortana in voice mode.)

No, SnapKey is not capable of doing this.

:)

borgus, Aug 26, 2016
  2. borate Win User

Change WinKey function

In the registry, is it possible to change WinKey+Shift+C to WinKey+C? (Launches Cortana in voice mode.)

No, SnapKey is not capable of doing this.

borate, Aug 26, 2016
  3. borate Win User
    Change WinKey function

Thank you; I am familiar with the registry and it is backed up securely.

Do you have insight on my query?

borate, Aug 26, 2016
  4. SonicBlue Win User

Change WinKey function

I see the ms help site didn't help but tell you how to back up the registry. It is not easy since you would be dealing with some crazy stuff like
    00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,02,00,00,00,1d,00,3a,00,00,00,00,00
    Think there is some third party software that can help but don't know where.

SonicBlue, Aug 29, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    You could define it relatively easily provided you know the command you need using Autohotkey (free) - a powerful scripting language that can also simply define hotkeys.

You can run the script file (.ahk) or compile it as a .exe if you wish.

Example:
    Win key + Z launches XYplorer:

#z::
    Run, D:\File Management\File Managers\XYplorer\XYplorer.exe

Your easiest option would probably be to get the autohotkey script to define WinKey+C to send WinKey+Shift+C

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Change WinKey function

1. Change WinKey function - Similar Threads - Change WinKey function

2. Windows Key not functioning Not opening start menu, Winkey shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Key not functioning Not opening start menu, Winkey shortcuts not working: The Winkey still works in the On-Screen Keyboard, I have resolved this issue before so I know it's not the result of physical damage.I've tried the Device Manager method, the Powershell method, the Regedit method, the CMD method, Windows update- nothing seems to work, my...
  3. Winkey+V no longer works

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Winkey+V no longer works: At one time Winkey+V would show my recent clips but it no longer does.All I see is a transparent window as if it's trying to show my recent clips but then it disappears within a minute.Fortunately, I can still cut and paste, however, the clipboard of my recent activities is...
  4. Keyboards - Change of Function

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboards - Change of Function: I have tried 3 keyboards all the same. I use the keys Alt Green and 'letter' to form a little stroke above a letter. My grandsons name has two in his name. All of a sudden this function is no longer working. I use, by preference, an original microsoft multimedia keyboard 1.0a...
  5. Winkey + 1 help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Winkey + 1 help: I'm looking for a window switch method that can be bound to a specific key? For example Window 1 is active, fills up most my main screen. Window 2 is to the side or monitor number 2 but inactive. I'd like to press a key to switch to a specific window for a either a split...
  6. winkey or windows key is not working

in Cortana
    winkey or windows key is not working: winkey is not starting start menu shortcuts are working like win + E, win + g, etc but menu is not opening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winkey-or-windows-key-is-not-working/467a55ac-f21b-4cf4-9878-87d23a96c892
  7. winkey

in Windows 10 Support
    winkey: How can I turn on the winkey key without changing myregistry? 164752
  8. Winkey Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Winkey Not Working: How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winkey-not-working/d6c73ec1-7c07-4ea9-95bc-6cfcfeb3bb9b
  9. WinKey + I Is Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinKey + I Is Not Working: Hello. I pushed WinKey + I (shortcut) to go to the settings, but it is not working. Any help? Windows 10 Home Insider Preview (64-bit) 127801
  10. Search using WinKey+query

in Windows 10 Support
    Search using WinKey+query: Win10 1607 doesn't return search results unless connected to the Internet when you use the WinKey+type a search query method Once connected, results are returned in the Cortana box NOT Connected Connected [img] [img] and results are still returned even after I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cHANGE winkey

2. change windows WINKEY m