Windows 10: Change Zoom Level of Text in Notepad in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Zoom Level of Text in Notepad in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Zoom Level of Text in Notepad in Windows 10 How to Change Zoom Level of Text in Notepad in Windows 10 Notepad is a simple text... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by owd34, Oct 11, 2015.

1. owd34 Win User

Change Zoom Level of Text in Notepad in Windows 10

How to: Change Zoom Level of Text in Notepad in Windows 10

How to Change Zoom Level of Text in Notepad in Windows 10

Notepad is a simple text editor included in Windows and a basic text-editing program which enables computer users to create documents.

Starting with Windows 10 build 17713, Microsoft added options to make it quick and easy to zoom text in Notepad.

The current zoom level (ex: "100%") is displayed in the status bar of Notepad.

This tutorial will show you how to zoom in and zoom out text in Notepad in Windows 10.

Contents
    • Option One: Change Zoom Level of Text in Notepad from Menu bar
    • Option Two: Change Zoom Level of Text in Notepad using Scroll Wheel
    • Option Three: Change Zoom Level of Text in Notepad using Keyboard Shortcuts

EXAMPLE: Text zooming in Notepad

Change Zoom Level of Text in Notepad in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Change Zoom Level of Text in Notepad from Menu bar
    1 While in Notepad, click/tap on View on the menu bar. (see screenshot below)

2 Click/tap on Zoom, and click/tap on Zoom In or Zoom Out until you get the zoom level you want.

Change Zoom Level of Text in Notepad in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Change Zoom Level of Text in Notepad using Scroll Wheel
    1 While in Notepad, press and hold the Ctrl key while rolling the scroll wheel up (zoom in) and down (zoom out) until you get the zoom level you want.

OPTION THREE [/i] Change Zoom Level of Text in Notepad using Keyboard Shortcuts
    1 While in Notepad, press the keys below until you get the zoom level you want.

[table][tr][td]Keyboard Shortcut[/td] [td]Description[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Ctrl+Plus[/td] [td]Zoom in[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Ctrl+Minus[/td] [td]Zoom out[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Ctrl+0[/td] [td]Restore zoom level to default 100%[/td] [/tr] [/table]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

owd34, Oct 11, 2015

2. zoom level change randomly

What makes the zoom level change randomly in Windows 8 and 10

networkprinter, Oct 27, 2019
  3. zoom level change randomly

Random changes in zoom level is a bug in Windows 8 and Windows 10. I have a Lenovo and an HP, and a Dell PC without touch screens. They all have this issue.

networkprinter, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Change Zoom Level of Text in Notepad in Windows 10

windows media player 11 library zoom issues

thanks but unfortunately that just changes the view between list, icon and detailed icon not the actual zoom levels of the screen *Frown Change Zoom Level of Text in Notepad in Windows 10 :(

jasper1605, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Windows 10 upgrade not compatible with Zoom Text Maginfier/Reader 10.1

Hi Andie,

To know if the Zoom Text will ever be compatible with Windows 10, you will have to get in touch with the developers of Zoom text.

If you do not want to upgrade or don't wish the notification for the upgrade then follow the steps :

• Launch Control Panel
    • Click on Programs > Programs and Features
    • Left side of the screen hit the “View installed updates” section.
    • Look for KB3035583 in the list
    • Right-click it and hit the remove option.

Vinod Archak, Oct 27, 2019
  6. sirluca Win User
    Photo/WPV default zoom level

Photo/WPV default zoom level

Hello guys,
    I wish I could set the default zoom level of my default photo viewer (I can choose Photo app or Windows Photo Viewer or some third program too).
    I want the default program to be able to open/switch within photos at the default photo size (100% zoom of the photo) and not with the default screen size (100% zoom of the screen size).
    Any idea how to do that? Maybe some registry key to edit? Any software to suggest?
    Thanks for your help, Luca.

sirluca, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Change Zoom Level of Text in Notepad in Windows 10

1. Change Zoom Level of Text in Notepad in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Zoom Level

2. Entering text in Notepad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Entering text in Notepad: How do you add space between lines of text in Notepad, thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/entering-text-in-notepad/f6634368-7067-4189-91af-5909eee4fe4a
  3. How to change default zoom level in Windows Notepad?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change default zoom level in Windows Notepad?: I want to change the default zoom level or leave the level of last file opened because default 100% zoom level is too high for large documents. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-default-zoom-level-in-windows/217000ba-d91b-4e34-a7f3-ea2b904bd9b9
  4. Zoomed in Vs Zoomed Out Text

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Zoomed in Vs Zoomed Out Text: [ATTACH] it seems like when I zoom in, the system makes the text bold. same thing in both chrome and edge(chromium). Can anyone explain this to me? Yes, I am a noob Zoomed out Zoomed in submitted by /u/varunmehru [link] [comments]...
  5. How to disable zoom in windows notepad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable zoom in windows notepad?: How can I disable the zoom function in windows notepad? I have windows 10. When I check the "About" section in notepad it says: Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900) I hate this zoom thing, it's driving me crazy. How can I disable it? And if I can't disable it, is there a way...
  6. Bat File to change notepad text

in Windows 10 Support
    Bat File to change notepad text: Hi, I've been trying to make a batch file to change a line fo text in a .txt file, to the .bat files current directory. for example running it would produce this result: Run .Bat line of text in file changes to the current directory of .bat Anyone know any help with...
  7. Change Narrator Verbosity Level about Text and Controls in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Narrator Verbosity Level about Text and Controls in Windows 10: How to: Change Narrator Verbosity Level about Text and Controls in Windows 10 How to Change Narrator Verbosity Level about Text and Controls in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or...
  8. edge zoom level

in Browsers and Email
    edge zoom level: So ive sacked firefox off for a bit and started to give Edge a try , so far so good except for the zoom , minimum seems to be 125% its too big is there any kind of witchcraft that will enable 110% for example? 47448
  9. Find and Replace Text in Notepad in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find and Replace Text in Notepad in Windows 10: How to: Find and Replace Text in Notepad in Windows 10 How to Find and Replace Text in Notepad in Windows 10 Notepad is a simple text editor included in Windows and a basic text-editing program which enables computer users to create documents. You can search to find...
  10. Change Magnifier Zoom Level Increments in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Magnifier Zoom Level Increments in Windows 10: How to: Change Magnifier Zoom Level Increments in Windows 10 How to Change Magnifier Zoom Level Increments in Windows 10 Magnifier is a tool that enlarges partor allof your screen so you can see words and images better. It comes with a few different settings, so use it...