Windows 10: Changed date on computer reverts back to previous in 3 to 10 seconds

Discus and support Changed date on computer reverts back to previous in 3 to 10 seconds in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. So desktop computer is Dell XPS, I7. Windows 10 Pro. Normal office software, Quickbooks, AOL desktop, McAfee antivirus. The date and time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Joe Palka, May 3, 2017.

1. Joe Palka Win User

Changed date on computer reverts back to previous in 3 to 10 seconds

Hello. So desktop computer is Dell XPS, I7. Windows 10 Pro. Normal office software, Quickbooks, AOL desktop, McAfee antivirus.

The date and time on the computer are correct to current date and time (5/4/2017). I go to change the date to 5/8/2017. The date changes when I click "Change" on that pop-up. By the time I am looking again at the white date/time settings page, the date reverts back to 5/4/2017.

Computer is set to NOT synchronize with an internet time server, Set Time automatically is OFF, Set Time Zone Automatically is OFF, Adjust for daylight ... is ON

Computer keeps the date and time accurately on reboot or off/on even if I left it a few hours "off".

I just cannot change it. Has anybody seen something like this before? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

:)

Joe Palka, May 3, 2017

2. win 10 up;date #1709 doesn't go in, is requiring repeated restarts, without the usual

Wait a couple hours to see what it does.

If it does not revert, power down, wait 10 seconds.

Power up again to see if reverts back to your previous edition.

Andre Da Costa, May 3, 2017
  3. N78 Date Change

I've been the proud owner of the lovely N78 now for 3 days, and i'm really liking it (maybe apart from the positioning of the 'C' button).

One thing that happens occasionally is the date not changing when i turn it on the next morning.

I'll see it change at midnight, but when i turn it off and then switch it back on the next morning, the date has reverted back to the previous day. Weird, i know!

Is this recognised by any other users?

And if so, is there a patch or a software update that fixes this?

(My software version is 11.043)

stormbreaker81, May 3, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Welcome to TenForums @Joe Palka

I can change the date to 8th May and it stays that way - even after a reboot. It will only revert to today's date when I turn back on 'synchronize with an internet time server'.

I suspect it is something other than the Windows settings that's resetting your date. Are you signed in with a Microsoft account? I'm using a local account.

Bree, May 3, 2017
  5. WOT
    WOT Win User
    In addition what @Bree suggested, if you are using a MS account, try changing the BIOS clock and see if the advanced time sticks when you reboot.

6. Joe Palka Win User
    The login is the aol email address but I am not sure if just local or not. Now that you mention it worked for about 2 weeks after an AOL update I did a month or so ago. I will check. Thanks.

Joe Palka, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Changed date on computer reverts back to previous in 3 to 10 seconds - Similar Threads - Changed date computer

2. Date format back to previous setting in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Date format back to previous setting in Windows 10: Hi,I'm having an issue here with a particular computer managed by our team. Located in Perth / AU, the date format before I changed was like mm/dd/yyyy. I change to dd/mm/yyyy as requested by a user but every time login the date format back to mm/dd/yyyy.I'm asking the user...
  3. Date format back to previous setting in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Date format back to previous setting in Windows 10: Hi,I'm having an issue here with a particular computer managed by our team. Located in Perth / AU, the date format before I changed was like mm/dd/yyyy. I change to dd/mm/yyyy as requested by a user but every time login the date format back to mm/dd/yyyy.I'm asking the user...
  4. Date format back to previous setting in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Changing the computer date manually reverts back to current date

Changing the computer date manually reverts back to current date: I am trying to temporarily change the computer date manually, but after a few seconds the date reverts back to the current date, even though I unselected "Set Time Automatically".Any ideas on how to overcome this problem?...
  6. restoring computer to previous date

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restoring computer to previous date: I would like to restore my computer to a previous date. The options has dropped off the menu or I can't find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-computer-to-previous-date/87062424-3f87-4117-8d9e-43ee20652860
  7. restore computer to previous date

restore computer to previous date: After syncing cell phone to computer, Total screen change. I want to restore computer to previous date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-computer-to-previous-date/ee18203f-84ef-44b0-8029-90f6d1dfcb27
  8. going back to a previous date on Windows 10

going back to a previous date on Windows 10: how do i go back to settings on a previous date and get out of tablet mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/going-back-to-a-previous-date-on-windows-10/19dc87a0-cdc9-4b9b-835a-e12993359b06
  9. Restore computer to previous date

Restore computer to previous date: I want to restore my computer to previous date, but there is no restore point at that date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/restore-computer-to-previous-date/9d63db28-b68d-4896-b20c-f1c2ddc4f447
  10. Windows 10 date turn back to previous days

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 date turn back to previous days: Hi, some machine in my domains, upgraded to Windows 10, lost correct date and roll back to an old date. They have as time source the domain controller, that sync with external ntp. I see event id and i found a kernel-general id 1. 54764