Windows 10: Changed Desktop Background At Home, And It Changed Office Background.

Discus and support Changed Desktop Background At Home, And It Changed Office Background. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; can't quite figure out what's going on here... - had three windows 10 pcs networked at my business location (miles from home), all with different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aeneas1, Jul 15, 2018.

1. aeneas1 Win User

Changed Desktop Background At Home, And It Changed Office Background.

can't quite figure out what's going on here...

- had three windows 10 pcs networked at my business location (miles from home), all with different desktop backgrounds, all with slightly different configurations.

- one of the three pcs was purchased for home use, it was just more convenient to set up / configure at work.

- once setup was complete, i took the pc home, leaving 2 pcs networked at my business.

- significant other didn't like the desktop background i had chosen for the home (media) pc, so we changed it.

- came into the office the next day and one of the remaining two networked pcs had the same background my significant other had chosen, the one we installed on the home pc, i.e. it had replaced the previous office pc background.

so how did this happen? my home pc is no longer networked with my office pc(s), even if it was, changing the desktop background shouldn't impact the other pcs... i may have been logged into my office google account at home, but would that do it?

fwiw, we downloaded a wallpaper image from the net at home, saved it to the desktop, opened it with windows photo viewer, right clicked the image, and selected "set as desktop background".

the image doesn't even exist on my office pc as far as i know, i mean i know i've never downloaded it before at my office.

any help with this crazy turn of events would be much appreciated!

:)

aeneas1, Jul 15, 2018

2. change desktop background color

Hi,

To change the desktop background into a solid color, see the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop, and select Personalize.
    • Under Personalization, select Background.
    • On the right pane, click on the drop-down menu for Background, and then select
      Solid color.
    • Choose your preferred color and it should immediately make changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Jul 15, 2018
  3. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jul 15, 2018
  4. Changed Desktop Background At Home, And It Changed Office Background.

Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

Changed Desktop Background At Home, And It Changed Office Background.

1. Changed Desktop Background At Home, And It Changed Office Background. - Similar Threads - Changed Desktop Background

2. Can't change desktop background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change desktop background: I can't change my desktop background in settings, nor clicking on the Set as desktop background works. And I can't gain admin rights. I am using Windows 10 Enterprise. What can I do?...
  3. Desktop background will not change.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop background will not change.: I cannot change my desktop background to anything but black I cannot add any pictures or desktop backgrounds I have checked settings themes and everything I could think of but I cannot find the problem please help*Moved from feedback....
  4. Desktop background will not change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop background will not change.: I cannot change my desktop background to anything but black I cannot add any pictures or desktop backgrounds I have checked settings themes and everything I could think of but I cannot find the problem please help*Moved from feedback....
  5. Desktop background will not change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Can't change desktop background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change desktop background: I want to use a custom photo as my desktop background but when I select it in Settings > Personalization > Background after a few seconds it just reverts to solid black again. The same thing happens when using a default image....
  7. Desktop background changed to red

Desktop background changed to red: I just booted up my Windows 10 PC and logged in. But when I logged in, the desktop background changed to red, but the Lock Screen background was as normal. Everything worked fine, but the desktop background turned red.I tried:Restarting the PCResetting the background to a...
  8. How to change the desktop background.

How to change the desktop background.: I have Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge. When I turn on my laptop my screen is a full scenic photo that asks if I like it or not. Then I sign in and my regular screen comes up with my chosen photo for that. How do I get a permanent scene on the screen upon opening and turning...
  9. Change Desktop Background

Change Desktop Background: I want to change the Desktop Background, I want to put a picture of my granddaughter that I have on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-desktop-background/26184aba-aed7-4f05-ac92-8ace3ba1f30c
  10. Can't change desktop background

Can't change desktop background: Hi, I am using Win X Pro. I just noticed that I could not change the desktop background. It says "Some settings are managed by your organisation". I am the only one using this PC and there is no other account. I can change the colours, lock screen and themes. Any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows changed my desktop when signing in to office