Windows 10: Changed font problem

Discus and support Changed font problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have just upgraded to windows 10 (from 7), everything seemed ok at first, until I started to read my incoming mail messages...the font is some weird... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by steve412l, Nov 9, 2015.

1. steve412l Win User

Changed font problem

I have just upgraded to windows 10 (from 7), everything seemed ok at first, until I started to read my incoming mail messages...the font is some weird grafitti type font that is totally unreadable. I tried to change the default font but to no avail...so to get my mails readable, changed to plain text. Next, I also use Coreldraw X5...tried using Times New Roman font, but it's the same grafitti font as the mail problem. Checked in the font folder via control panel, the preview is TNR, but when I select TNR to type with it's this grafitti font. It's the same in Word.....anyone got any ideas what the problem is?
    Thanking any respondents in advance.

:)

steve412l, Nov 9, 2015
  2. TimLeyva Win User

Default font size for Windows 10 mail

There is no way to change the font. This has been an ongoing beef with Microsoft. MS users have long been asking for a fix to the problem but MS refuses to listen & address the problem. As of this moment in time you can't set a default font to your preference.
    If you wish to change the font you have to change the font on an individual basis.

TimLeyva, Nov 9, 2015
  3. TimLeyva Win User
    Default font size for Windows 10 mail

There is no way to change the font. This has been an ongoing beef with Microsoft. MS users have long been asking for a fix to the problem but MS refuses to listen & address the problem. As of this moment in time you can't set a default font to your preference.
    If you wish to change the font you have to change the font on an individual basis.

TimLeyva, Nov 9, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Changed font problem

You could copy the Times Roman font (TTF file) from another computer and try to paste in C:\WINDOWS\FONTS. When asked to replace the font, reply yes. All fonts are stored in C:\WINDOWS\FONTS.

spapakons, Nov 10, 2015
  5. steve412l Win User
    Thanks Spapakons, I already did that and it replaced the font, but when opening Word or Corel it was still coming up as the grafitti font....but having had another go I have solved it....I had a closer look at all the installed fonts and found a font called 'Savatage' which is the one masquerading as Times New Roman....so I simply deleted it from the font folder and hey presto!....TNR opens as TNR.....it seems that the system was somehow seeing Savatage as Times Roman.

steve412l, Nov 10, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    They should call it "sabotage"...

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Changed font problem

1. Changed font problem - Similar Threads - Changed font problem

2. Font test color problem, cannot change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font test color problem, cannot change: Windows 11 latest Any way to change the font color of the text on the desktop? It is in black and will not show on a dark background. Looks like the answer may be no dark background...
  3. Font test color problem, cannot change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font test color problem, cannot change: Windows 11 latest Any way to change the font color of the text on the desktop? It is in black and will not show on a dark background. Looks like the answer may be no dark background...
  4. Changing Fonts!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Fonts!: Hi, there are numerous posts on this subject so unclear which is the right one! I normally send emails from my Windows 10 Mail/Calendar app. I use my yahoo account in this app, if I change the font types, then more often than not people don't receive in that format! I have...
  5. Problem with changed font

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with changed font: I recently changed my computer font to Times New Roman. In the corner, the colon has been replaced with a box. How do I fix this, without going back to the default font? submitted by /u/WholeCloud6550 [link] [comments]...
  6. change fonts to a darker fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    change fonts to a darker fonts: need to change fonts to bold fonts. hard to read words, like this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-fonts-to-a-darker-fonts/0cc4471a-1876-4b56-b7c3-520a03b261bc
  7. Font change

Font change: I am having problems changing to another font. I don't know how to make all the text in that specific font and when I search how, the result is always outdated or that option isn't in the control panel. Can someone tell me how to switch my font so all of my text is that font?...
  8. Font change

Font change: I can't figure out how to change the font style and size. I get to the screen the lists and shows all the choices but how do I select the one I want? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-change/535132a6-d4f7-4649-8bee-64ab8cda65b7
  9. Change the font.

Change the font.: Why can't I change my font? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-the-font/84954f70-6bbc-4483-9276-c33a93080a04
  10. Change fonts

Change fonts: Hi, Where is the option to change the fonts for your icon, menu's etc... don't want to change size or colour just type. Thanks 14639