Windows 10: Changed looks of start menu by accident

Discus and support Changed looks of start menu by accident in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I accidently installed the start menu changer and it changed my menu to the win 7 look alike. Is there a way to get the Win 10 menu back. I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dakota37, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Dakota37 Win User

Changed looks of start menu by accident

I accidently installed the start menu changer and it changed my menu to the win 7 look alike. Is there a way to get the Win 10 menu back. I was starting to like some of it and would really like to play with it a bit longer.

:)

Dakota37, Sep 1, 2015
  2. pinkbud57 Win User

Restore original start menu in Windows 10

I accidently touched something and collapsed the start menu in Windows 10. Now it looks like full blown Windows 8 start with little collapsed windows 10 stuff. How do I get it back to the default Windows 10 Start Menu?

*** Moderator's Note: Post moved to appropriate category. ***

pinkbud57, Sep 1, 2015
  3. i can't see my icons on the desk top

no changes i was just doing something going through the list and I might have done something real quick to move the stuff by accident, just not sure what. except looking for something when all group icons went out of the start menu and went across the
    whole desk top. some of the icons is iheart radio, skype, solitaire, weather report and a couple of others. these icons are still in the start menu in alphabetical order, just also in a group in a section across the ones in order.

James P Carlson, Sep 1, 2015
  4. Changed looks of start menu by accident

Uninstall the software from Uninstall Programs and it should revert back to default.

ukcatsfan83, Sep 1, 2015
Thema:

Changed looks of start menu by accident

1. Changed looks of start menu by accident - Similar Threads - Changed looks start

2. Start Menu looks greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu looks greyed out: Hi Team,As part our product we install the application on top of Windows. When we were using Windows 10 LTSB 2016 we were not facing any issues with Start Menu, after we migrated to Windows 10 LTSC 2019 we started to see an issue of Start Menu being greyed out Key board works...
  3. Start Menu looks greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu looks greyed out: Hi Team,As part our product we install the application on top of Windows. When we were using Windows 10 LTSB 2016 we were not facing any issues with Start Menu, after we migrated to Windows 10 LTSC 2019 we started to see an issue of Start Menu being greyed out Key board works...
  4. Start Menu looks greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Start Menu shortcut of Microsoft are looking weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu shortcut of Microsoft are looking weird: Hi,All my Microsoft/Windows shortcuts in the startmenu look weird. how can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-shortcut-of-microsoft-are-looking-weird/67216c47-6eaf-4d05-a3a5-ca086e199c6d
  6. Start Menu shortcut of Microsoft are looking weird

Start Menu shortcut of Microsoft are looking weird: Hi,All my Microsoft/Windows shortcuts in the startmenu look weird. how can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-shortcut-of-microsoft-are-looking-weird/67216c47-6eaf-4d05-a3a5-ca086e199c6d
  7. Start Menu shortcut of Microsoft are looking weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Start Menu shortcuts look jammed and are not functional

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu shortcuts look jammed and are not functional: So, just opened the Start Menu and it appears my shortcuts are blued out; the icons and the names don't appear. Instead of the name of the file, game, program, I get a bizarre looking link to the directory. Instead of a C:/... which would be reasonable (albeit, not how the...
  9. Start Menu Changed

Start Menu Changed: How do I get out of this windows 10 start menu? It's on the left of the screen and the desktop image is muted. I have the windows 7 classic shell but it doesn't work like before I updated windows. [ATTACH]...
  10. Accidently deleted my start menu folder

in Cortana
    Accidently deleted my start menu folder: Hello, I accidentally deleted the start menu folder located here: C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs I just wanted to deleted 2 icons from there. When I went in the folder, only those two icons showed up, so I proceeded to delete the...