Windows 10: Changed main modem, now have network issues; need help troubleshooting

Discus and support Changed main modem, now have network issues; need help troubleshooting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Our main modem has 4 Ethernet outputs. The need for more outputs came so I feed one of the modem's outputs to a hub, adding 4 more connections. All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GARoss, Dec 15, 2016.

1. GARoss Win User

Changed main modem, now have network issues; need help troubleshooting

Our main modem has 4 Ethernet outputs. The need for more outputs came so I feed one of the modem's outputs to a hub, adding 4 more connections. All worked perfectly until our modem had issues & needed replacing. Our DSL internet company sent us a new main modem & now we have issues getting the internet through this hub.

One computer (a MAC) indicates it is connected but we can't get the internet to work through that connection. It does, however, work using WiFi. We also had an Epson printer on the hub which isn't connected now as well.

Not sure how to trouble shoot this. Any ideas?

:)

GARoss, Dec 15, 2016
  2. Clark Ari Win User

I cannot connect modem to my laptop

Hi Noviani,

The Error Modem (or other connecting device) is already in use
    message likely occurs due to an incompatible or outdated device driver. This may also occur if the TCP port that is used by the VPN connection is already being used by another program.
    We'll need to gather a bit more information to better identify what's causing this. Kindly answer the following:

• What is the make and model of your PC, as well as, your modem?
    • Did you make any changes prior the issue?
    • Have you tried connecting a different modem to your device and check if the issue is the same?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we recommend that you follow the steps provided in this article:
    Fix network connection issues in Windows 10.
    The article consists of troubleshooting guide on how to resolve network related issue.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Clark Ari, Dec 15, 2016
  3. Games online

Hi,

The error message you're getting is due to a slow or intermittent internet connection. As an initial troubleshooting step, try to reboot your modem or router and check if there are changes in the connection. If that didn't work, run the Network troubleshooter.
    To do that, you can refer to this article: Fix network connection issues in Windows 10.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach us back.

Marque Lor, Dec 15, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Your saying modem but is it or is it a router model number do things work direct if you cut out the hub

Samuria, Dec 15, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    Rather than a Hub I've found it better to use a Switch, have a Modem plugged into a 4-port Wireless Router with an 8-port Switch connected with 2 NAS drives, 2 Printers and 5 or 6 Desktops plugged in plus a few Wireless Notebooks. The Switch is better at preventing data collisions on the Network.

Berton, Dec 15, 2016
  6. GARoss Win User
    Sorry for being so vague. The modem is Netgear D2200, the router is Netgear WNG2000 v2.

I found the Mac computer is wired directly to the modem & it does indicate that it is connected but still no internet. Other gear like printer & satellite TV are hooked to the router & not working.

GARoss, Dec 15, 2016
  7. GARoss Win User
    Thanks. Everything worked fine until I swapped modems. It would seem like all would work as it did.

GARoss, Dec 15, 2016
  8. GARoss Win User

It turns out the new modem was defective. I swapped out the new for the old & all works perfectly! Thanks for helping!

GARoss, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Changed main modem, now have network issues; need help troubleshooting - Similar Threads - Changed main modem

2. Need help changing the main microsoft account of a windows user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need help changing the main microsoft account of a windows user: To put it simply, to bypass screen time limits I logged into my father's account on the computer. When I accidentally signed into the Microsoft store with my microsoft account, windows decided that that would be the main microsoft account for that windows user. When I go to...
  3. Need help changing the main microsoft account of a windows user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help changing the main microsoft account of a windows user: To put it simply, to bypass screen time limits I logged into my father's account on the computer. When I accidentally signed into the Microsoft store with my microsoft account, windows decided that that would be the main microsoft account for that windows user. When I go to...
  4. Need help changing the main microsoft account of a windows user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Need help changing main microsoft account of a windows user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need help changing main microsoft account of a windows user: So recently, to use the computer after screen time limits, I logged in to my father's account on the computer. After a while of using it, I accidentally signed into the microsoft store, and then the main Microsoft Account for that user was set to my Microsoft Account. That...
  6. Need help changing main microsoft account of a windows user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help changing main microsoft account of a windows user: So recently, to use the computer after screen time limits, I logged in to my father's account on the computer. After a while of using it, I accidentally signed into the microsoft store, and then the main Microsoft Account for that user was set to my Microsoft Account. That...
  7. Need help changing main microsoft account of a windows user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I need HELP with this... Troubleshooting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need HELP with this... Troubleshooting: [IMG][IMG][IMG]I put my, I think. 4 Cores up to 16 and when I pressed “Restart” it would your device ran into a problem BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO and all that. I haven’t gotten windows 10 key and done all that and microsoft login to it and it’s already ruined because I was told...
  9. BSOD troubleshooting Need help troubleshooting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD troubleshooting Need help troubleshooting: Hi Microsoft Team, On the past 3 days, I have 3 BSOD. Attached is the minidump & MSINFO of my computer: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqAhNMuZyKrSiCyw3z3Bn0Gex3Mz?e=kVkDP1 Regards, Michael...
  10. Changed Main Drive location now having problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Changed Main Drive location now having problems: I recently bought a Dell G3 gaming labtop but the main drive (C) was a small 100 gb's where as the D drive is 1tb so I looked into how to change the default drive which led me to regedit so I changed the default location from there the thing is I still had to transfer the...